Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 313 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 347 reviews
on June 4, 2014
We have owned several wine saver type devices, and this one is by far the best and easiest to use. For anyone having problems with using it, there is a YouTube video that tells you how with the key step being to wet the stopper before inserting it in the wine bottle. Then you need to make sure you have a good seal between the stopper and the pumping device. Keep pumping until you hear the "snick" sound.

I don't tend to have issues using devices like this, but my wife is usually less successful than me. However, she has no problem with this wine saver. We just ordered some extra stoppers for it, so you know that for us this one is a keeper.
on April 1, 2016
Like any wine drinker knows, the worst thing about opening wine is letting it go bad. You almost HAVE to drink it right away and dedicate yourself to that bottle after you open it. This is exactly what I needed.

I got this as a gift for my girlfriend and she loved it. It works amazing! Just as intended. For the low price it is EXACTLY what I needed. Before we went on vacation we saw two bottles sitting aside and decided to put it to the test, two weeks later, the wine is exactly as it was when we opened it!

This item is, as it says, and works the exact way it should. Extremely happy with this product and would recommend.
on July 20, 2016
I had an older model of this pump and lost one of the plugs. This pump clicks when you've pulled enough vacuum, the older one didn't. The older plug and newer ones work well with this pump. I store the wine horizontally in a wine cooler and have never had a leak. I've frequently saved partial bottles of wine for about a week using this pump with good results. I often drink a glass and then save the rest. Drinking a glass every day or two until the bottle is empty. Saving time is less of course if sharing the wine. I've never saved wine longer than about 10 days. Not sure how long wine could be saved this way.
on January 2, 2015
purchased as a gift, it came in a very nice looking box that i was able to wrap without any further packaging, product has held up very well seems, have not had any issues in over a year using it

Pros:
it makes a nice loud click when it gets under vacuum so its easy to know if you have pumped out enough of the air
keeps an open bottle of wine good for several days more than just recorking
very nice packaging

Cons:
only comes with 2 rubber stoppers (so only 2 open wine bottles at a time) but you can purchase extra ones pretty cheaply, maybe around $10 for 4 more
on September 2, 2015
...finally found a wine vacuum pump that really works! We shouldn't have to ask for much, just a stopper that HOLDS vacuum in a quality package, and this one fits the bill. I tested it for several days and found no problem with it not holding a good vacuum seal. I first bought the "High Quality FastOVacuum" selling here on amazon.com and found it to be JUNK! Gave it "zero" stars; the stopper fails to hold vacuum for any length of time and it is far from being a "quality" product; poorly made, just another cheap "made in China" product. The Vacu Vin Wine Saver Pump is several dollars more in cost, but in my opinion worth the price...
on September 25, 2015
I bought this for my parents, who know nothing about wine or taking care of wine. With them being novices, they did not want to open bottles of wine because they never finished them. I bought them this Vacu Vin Wine Saver Pump and they loved it! I showed them how to use it. It came with 2 Vacuum Stoppers, which my parents loved, so they didn't have to buy anything extra. That was their favorite feature! It works perfectly and has maintained its' integrity! I think I'll be buying one for myself in the near future! I also love the sleek design!
on January 17, 2014
I bought this wine saver as a gift for my wife. So far it has worked perfectly for us.

While my wife really enjoys wine, I do not... so when a bottle is opened only 1-2 glasses are consumed at a time.

She's not an "every-night" wine drinker so it's definitely in our best interest if the wine can last for a few days before the taste turns.

I wouldn't say that my wife is the most particular wine drinker either but she has said that she has noticed a marked difference in freshness and taste since using the Wine Saver.

This is also super simple to use. Usually I am the one that has to deal with "mechanical" things but this is so simple that my wife doesn't even ask me for help.

So far we have been very happy with this purchase.
on March 8, 2011
I actually wondered if we would need this tool since we rarely ever have left over wine but...........it's nice to be able to open 2 or 3 different bottles at a time to have your own tasting or to share with friends and then not worry if it will be stale by the next day if you don't finish it all.

This product was easy to use. You insert the stopper, put the pump on top of it and pump it until you hear it click. To remove the stopper, you bend the little nipple on the stopper to the side and the vacuum is released. It doesn't get any easier than that.

I have laid bottles on their side with the stoppers in place without any leakage at all. The stoppers are easy to clean too.

If you've had to drink stale wine in the past for any reason you need this Vacu Vin pump. The stainless steel is a nice touch and the price is right. The Vacu Vin kit goes well with the Oster Electric Bottle Opener (which is a must if you enjoy a lot of wine or have problems with any other type of bottle opener).

I was skeptical at first about the 2 pourer's (sp?) that came with this kit due to inexperience with anything like this. The design seemed flawed and when I opened the package, I assumed they were broken. That's certainly not the case. They deliberately have a split neck design so they can fit virtually any sized bottle opening. Function is something we have have all learned to compromise for form these days. These things function as if there were no other reason for their existence. I was amazed at the simplicity at which they work. Not a single drip occurs after you finish the pour. As a matter of fact, instead of dripping on your fancy table cloth or someones lap, it goes back into the bottle, so the function is two-fold. No mess, and no waste!

I highly recommend this Vacu Vin Wine Saver Kit. If you only use it once to save a single bottle of expensive red it will pay for itself. And it will probably also work on soda bottles. (although we don't drink much soda in our house, except as mixers).

Rob
on October 31, 2014
I am the only wine drinker in my household and enjoy one glass on most evenings, so a bottle lasts around 5 days. I drink mostly reds, which, with only a rubber stopper, will lose its characteristics overnight. With the Vacu Vin, it takes only a few pumps to seal and I'm able to enjoy the wine even on day 5. Now, on day two, the flavor profile did change, but in a good way. It's like the wine is aerated slowly over the course of a few days so it tastes slightly different each day. It's fantastic!
on July 28, 2016
Very cool product. If you ever want to save an open bottle of wine without worry about the taste changing over a few days, then this product is the solution. I applied the vacuum and the plug to a bottle of wine I didn't finish. 5 days later, I go to remove the plug and the noise it makes (the suction noise) just lets you know that all the air was removed from the bottle. Wine tasted just like it did when I first uncorked it.