Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 36 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 38 reviews
on May 25, 2017
This is the well-written start of a reasonably good sword and sorcery trilogy.
on January 21, 2017
This fantasy adventure is set in times akin to Robin Hood and has a touch of magic. It all feels pretty real with a solid plot and carries the reader into excitement and possibilities. The ending is both believable and satisfying and leads one on to another book in the series to extend the journey.
on August 18, 2016
Nothing special. Some decent world building. If you have some time to waste our need to fill in between better books...
on April 16, 2016
This is the second book I have read by Danial Marvello, and I enjoyed both of them very much. I think that the Characters are interesting and I enjoyed the book every step of the way. I am looking forward to reading the rest of this series. I read Geomancers Bargain first and enjoyed it so much that I started this series.
on July 10, 2015
A good creative look at alternative worlds and magic the book will keep you interested and reading from page to page
on May 26, 2015
This was a pretty good book even thro it started off a little slow but once I got into it I couldn't stop reading. I finished it in one day and can't wait to see what happens in the second book.
on May 12, 2015
...all the way through. On the one hand I stopped reading about half way through, on the other hand it was a free Kindle download so I guess it's a wash. Vaetra Unveiled is a fairly well written simple tale filled with simple characters who are, for the most part, very pleasant and wide eyed innocents who speak in a vernacular that would fit right in with a contemporary saga about contemporary teenagers/young adults. There's nothing terribly awful about the book (at least the first half) but it makes Michael J. Sullivan's, The Riyria Chronicles (a very popular YA series) seem like a Joe Abercrombie book by comparison. I wish Amazon would flag books, fantasy in particular, as being specifically for "Young Adults" to save those of us looking for something with a little meat on the bone the time and expense of subjecting us to stories written for the Ozzie and Harriet crowd. If you're offended by blood, sex, violence and the kind of language spoken by people in the real world then this is for you. All others...be forewarned. In fairness, there might be some blood, sex, violence and the kind of language spoken by people in the real world in the 2nd half which I currently don't have the energy or stamina to read so please let me know via comments if I missed out on something spectacular as a result of my short attention span.
on April 17, 2015
Wizards and sorcerers always make good reading. And this book is no different with its story leading us from a magical potion to an evil wizard. Our hero is up to the challenge, however, and uses his nascent skills to survive and fight.
on March 17, 2015
After trying three other books that I couldn't even finish three chapters of, I find this gem of a book. It was very entertaining, interesting, action packed, and easy to understand but hard to put down. I like this a lot and will continue reading this series.
on January 22, 2015
I really enjoyed the pacing of this story. The characters are enjoyable, and I am looking forward to reading the other books.