- File Size: 1046 KB
- Print Length: 467 pages
- Publisher: James Murphy (July 30, 2012)
- Publication Date: July 30, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B008RCHVAK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,402,865 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Vale of Tears Kindle Edition
Featured Recent Releases
Browse the following mystery, thriller, and suspense recent releases to find your next great read.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Following in the footsteps of the Da Vinci Code and The Rule of Four, Murphy does an excellent job in his research. He drops hints of conspiracies that lace throughout history and connects dots that would normally be hard to believe, but are easy to swallow in context of the story. If you have an infinity for conspiracy theories and alternative history, this book is for you. But as an everyday read, it is too dry to relax and get absorbed in the story. Often the author favors tangential anecdotes over keeping in pace with the plot leading to a disruptive read. The tangents are interesting, but on occasion have nothing to do with the central plot. Also the change of POV between the different good guys the different bad guys and the journal of a long dead priest can sometimes be confusing.
I appreciated the way the potential romance in the novel was very understated, almost dismissed in favor of the more important search to uncover the truth, but the female character, Laura, I found the be bland. Her friend Sophie was much more interesting, but she had a minute part that was quickly over.Read more ›
It is a thriller, telling the tale of a university professor who is pursued by an ancient dark society, who (by means of murder) aim to influence the sequence of the British monarchy. The book takes real characters from the past and blends them into the story. I found myself looking online to read about the characters' lives and from this you can tell a lot of thought and research has gone into writing this book.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Murder
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Historical
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Conspiracies
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Conspiracies