Valeo Foam Exercise Mat Made With High-density Closed-cell Foam, 2 Mats in 1 With Smooth Surface On 1 Side and Ribbed Surface On The Other Side, VA4494BK
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- EXTRA THICK FOR COMFORT: 2' x 6' x 10mm high density, closed-cell foam. The mat comfortably cushions spine, hips, knees, and elbows on hard surfaces
- LIGHT WEIGHT & PORTABLE: Self-grip strap keeps the mat neatly rolled for easy transportation and storage
- SLIP RESISTANT: Double-sided non-slip ribbed surface on one side with a smooth surface for excellent slip resistance to prevent injuries
- EASY CARE: Clean with a damp cloth
- Two mats in one--ribbed surface on one side, smooth surface on the other
- Made of high-density, closed-cell foam
- Measures 2 feet wide by 6 feet long
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Valeo Foam Exercise Mat is two mats in one: a ribbed surface on one side with a smooth surface on the other. Made of high-density closed-cell foam for a comfortable workout with self-grip straps that keep the mat rolled for easy transport and storage. Both sides can be cleaned with a damp cloth. This mat is 2 feet wide by 6 feet long.
Two mats in one, the Valeo foam exercise mat offers a ribbed surface on one side with a smooth surface on the other. It's made of high-density, closed-cell foam for a comfortable workout, and it measures 2 feet wide by 6 feet long. The self-grip straps keep the mat rolled for easy transport and storage. Both sides can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Manufactured in a plant that processes peanut, nut meats, soy, milk, and egg products.
Enjoy one or more bars daily!
Statements made, or products sold through this web site, have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or doctor or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. Always consult with a physician or licensed doctor before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a problem.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It serves all our needs (see below) and we fully recommend it.
1. Durable. After much use it still looks new after each cleaning.
2. Choice of two surfaces. We put the rougher surface on the lower side to reduce slippage, but some folks do the exact opposite.
3. Very comfortably padded (I have on occasion napped on it quite successfully, by the way).
4. The velcro straps are firm and haven't lost their oomph.
5. It's fairly compact when rolled ... although I imagine for portability some folks will certainly want a smaller diameter.
We don't mind the black color that this came in ... again, other people may have strong opinions otherwise.
I would say that the price (which does jump around) is commensurate with the quality ... we didn't need to go cheap and get cheap, and that turned out be the right decision.
You'll read reviews about it smelling...or tearing...or not rolling out fully. It's not that those reviews are wrong, they're just a bit misleading.
Here's the deal.
- Don't wear sneaks while using this mat - you might catch the rubber against this soft-foam mat and rip it.
- Materials like this smell a little "factory" when you first get them, don't fret, just let it air out for a day or so and the smell will dissipate
- This mat is inexpensive - the material isn't very heavy and therefore when you roll it out it won't lay perfectly flat. But who cares, you're going to sit on it/lay on it anyway! It rolls out flat but at the end will be slightly curved until you use it more often - it doesn't effect your exercises.
I do light bodyweight workouts where I need to put a knee down or knuckles down - this does the job nicely. Do I think I'll have it for years? Nope, I predict 1-3 years max. But that's why i bought it at 20bucks!
If you're not hardcore, and just need some inexpensive padding to make your exercises more comfortable the Valeo Foam Mat is perfect.
I use it for doing exercises while laying on my back. I work out in my basement, and the floor is concrete. I have back problems, and hard surfaces hurt me quite a bit. This had just the right amount of cushion to be exceptionally comfortable. It's long enough to accommodate for my height, with room to spare. This is perfect for situps, pushups, or anything that requires you to be on a hard surface. The straps are brilliant, and allow for it to roll up and store perfectly in any space.
A few issues with the product are that because it rolls up, one of the ends will curl. I usually put a weight down on the curled end and that solves the issue and doesn't interfere with my workout. I also would not recommend standing on the product, as the material will compress and flatten under such a pressure point. It also gets dirty pretty easily.
Overall though, if you're looking for something to cushion your back while doing exercises that require you to sit or lay down, I highly recommend it.
To update: Less then 10 months later, it is completely useless. Still smells terrible. And has several holes in it. Now I use it in the garage if I need to lay/kneel on concrete.
There was a little odor at the beginning, like a rubber l but it went away after a while. Not sure about durability though, it looks like it might fall apart in next few months.
I (casually) do P90X and there are some times a mat is needed. For these exercises it is great. My wrists feel better when I do push ups on this mat. I do the plank type exercises on this mat as well-- much better than on floor.
A gentleman posted pictures of the 'workout imprints.' I don't have that issue. I am a small woman, but I've been using this mat for 2 months, at least 3 times a week and I don't have any permanent imprints in my mat.
The one and only thing that I would 'complain' about is that there is no over the shoulder strap, but I can still toss it in a tote bag just fine.