Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 6, 2016
I ordered the pink and black ball and it came in black and red. It looks sturdy and like its a good product that will hold up but I think the picture should show what it actually looks like when it comes.
review image
6 helpful votes
on September 1, 2015
My trainer suggested a 6 lb ball for my routine, but I had to go all macho for the 10 lb. Fine to start, but once I get into 30 thrusts I am humbled, and usually only make it to 25 in my circuits. I'm happy to adjust my routine and use it, 'cuz I feel the muscle strength improviing in less than a week. The construction feels good in the hand, no slip pebbling, helpful markings to make sure I hold it right without basketing my hands too much.
on January 17, 2016
Love love love this ball! It's just like a basketball with the same grip feel and about the same size. 6 lbs is just right for my husband and I to pass around in the living room while watching shows in the evening so we get a little exercise. It came in a nice box and I have no gripes about it at all, it's 100% as advertised. Will buy again in a heavier size I'm sure for in the future.
on April 4, 2017
I like this ball, but it is NOT FOR SLAMMING! It will not hold up to the impact. I've had both my 10lb and one 12lb bust, but after 3 years of being in a gym where folks don't know the difference in medicine balls and slam balls.
on January 26, 2012
I made the mistake of buying a "soft" medicine ball before I startred P90X2 and realized immediately that I needed a solid one. This ball is perfect for the workouts by P90X2. You'll need to do pushups on it so you'll need something rigid - this ball is perfect.
61 helpful votes
62 helpful votes
66 comments|Report abuse
on January 9, 2009
I'm very happy with this medicine ball. It seems well made, and its deeply textured surface and medium/small size (8.5" in diameter) make it very easy to handle. When I bought this Valeo 8-pound ball, I also ordered a TKO 12-pound ball, which has some distinct differences. The TKO turned out to be much larger: at 11" in diameter, it's even bigger than a basketball, and the texturing on the TKO is not as deep.

All in all, I'm glad I ended up with the combination of one smaller, lighter medicine ball and one bulkier, heavier medicine ball. The larger size of the TKO makes it harder to handle - which is a good thing, because it makes it more of a workout to manipulate it. For exercises like the squat press or medicine-ball curl, I prefer the larger size of the TKO ball, while for exercises more focused on range-of-motion, the smaller Valeo ball is a great tool. If you're considering a pair of these, this might be an option to explore. They both seem equally well made, despite their differences.

But if you're just looking for a mid-weight, easy-to-handle ball, definitely get yourself the Valeo.
128 helpful votes
129 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on March 29, 2011
I have been working out for years, and I have belonged to a variety of gyms. Now that I workout more and more at home, I started buying some of my own equipment. I think that a medicine ball is a great, simple piece of equipment, especially for core training. Having used a variety of medicine balls (with and without handles), I can say that the Valeo is my favorite because of the size (this is smaller than some and easier to hold) and because of the basketball-like texture (which is easier to hold with sweaty hands than a smooth or leather cover). I always shop around--you will not find a better price (especially at your local sporting goods store).

I purchased the eight-pound ball, which I believe is a good all-around size. I will likely add a 12 pound-er to my collection soon (I figure, since my family is on a budget, I can use a 10 pound dumbbell or plate instead of a ball if necessary).

I have tried a variety of routines over the years; if you are looking for a very good program or just looking for some alternatives to crunches, check out the program created by UNC's basketball coach: [...]. I don't know if Amazon will censor a link to a magazine's website; if so, Google something like, "Tarheel's Med ball workout."
on April 17, 2016
I ordered this exercise ball to add to my workout and have a little extra weight to increase my resistance. I am able to add several different exercises to my workout using this ball and the 10 pounds adds a very nice resistance without being too heavy.
on March 10, 2016
I really like this medicine ball. It is easy to grip and good to add to your workouts. It came with a paper to show you the different types of exercises you can do with it. My only con of this product is if you're new to working out like myself, then you don't really know what pound ball to start at. I started out with the 6 lb and it is just too light but the description on this product doesn't give you an idea of what may work best for you.
1 helpful vote
on March 20, 2011
I just received my Valeo 8# medicine ball a couple days ago. Shipping didn't take long and I really like this addition to my home gym. As this is my first medicine ball I figured on a nice 'medium' weight to start out with, (4 & 6 lb. seemed too light & I didn't want the 10 or 12 just yet...but will add them later). I really like the deep textured feel; can really get a nice grip on the ball when leaning back for some 'Russian Twists' or Toe Reaches. There is a distinct rubber smell but I figure hey it's made out of rubber go figure, so no worries. The Ball even came with a small poster that shows some nice workouts.
In the months ahead I'll probably add the 6#, 10# & 12# to augment my workout routines. For now I'll enjoy this 8#.
I would recommend this medicine ball to anyone that wants a relatively inexpensive gym tool for some great ab & core work outs.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.