Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by The Lone Bellow PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 62 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 71 reviews
on December 20, 2014
I bought a pair of these after using similar ones at the gym. I bought them just to get some push ups on days when I can't get to the gym but it has turned into doing push ups every morning and every night.

When I first bought them, I planned on doing 10-15 pus ups on days I couldn't get to the gym. After a week or two of doing push ups using these bars, I've been doing several sets of 15 reps every morning and every night before going to bed.

Not only do I do push ups every morning and every night, but I can do more push ups now than I could when I started.

The bars are plastic but they seem durable. If they broke now, I think I'd still get my money's worth because of the number of push ups I've done using these bars. Low price, durable, help with fitness, what's not to like about these bars?
on June 9, 2009
What is needed in a push-up bar? The first thing that springs to mind is strength. While these bars are made of plastic, they have no problem holding up my 180 lbs. during the ridiculous number of push-ups in P90X.

Check.

What about comfort? The foam grips are surprisingly comfortable and durable for this price range, reminding me of the type on a pull-up bar, and the angle is well suited to natural movement.

Check.

Weight is another issue. I can use my hexagonal hand weights for push-ups, but they are too heavy to move around quickly when I want to change positions, including the small adjustments when my body slips around. These plastic hand weights are perfect in that regard, weighing almost nothing.

Check.

Okay, what else is left? Something that I had not even considered prior to purchasing: stability. To be portable (and they very much are), each bar comes in three pieces, which snap together, allowing them to all lie flat for packing. This leaves little hinge points, which can rock a bit and feels awkward.

Absence of check.

The simple fact is that a push-up bar is extremely cheap to make and not complicated in design. With that said, I have decided to give these an average (3-star) rating, but I do not want to discourage you from purchasing this pair. While I would gladly give up the small amount of portability gained by breaking these bars into pieces for stability, your priorities may lie elsewhere, making this is an ideal compromise. Regardless, this is a solid product for a reasonable price and I do not regret buying it.
[...]
_____________________________
Update #1: April 10th, 2013
_____________________________
I have completed my first run through P90X and these did a fantastic job! They were easy to hide in a closet when I was not working out and performed great during the push-up sessions.

It has been about 3 months since i purchased this item and it still looks brand new. I was worried about the foam on the handle falling apart but it still look fantastic! I highly recommend this product!

___________________
Original Review
__________________
Why did i buy this product?/What was i looking for?:
I wanted some push-up bars because the i am starting the P90X program and they recommended purchasing push-up bars. The ones on the beach body website were something like $30 which is way more than i wanted to spend.

Impressions:
Upon my first purchase, i opened up the box and the push up bars were OBVIOUSLY used before! I contacted amazon and they willingly sent me out a new set overnight for free which was AWESOME! Opening my second set, they were new so i was happy. I set them up by snapping the bars into the base. The first thing that i noticed is that the build quality did not seem like it was anything special. I was skeptical if they would actually hold my weight (190 lbs) but after a few months, they're still holding up and work fine.

Pros:
lightweight
portable
comfortable grip
rubber feet grip any floor surface
price

Cons:
plastic

Overall these a a great purchase for only a couple bucks and work great for anyone who is doing P90X.
review image review image review image
on April 11, 2013
These are plastic, and they come apart into 3 pieces, but they do not feel cheap whatsoever. I do a ton a push-ups for P90X workouts, and they are sturdy - they don't wobble back and forth or where the handles fit into the feet, and they don't flex at all. Also, the foam in the handles cushions just fine, and nothing is pressing into my hands. They make doing push-ups way less painful for my wrists, especially since I broke my wrist as a kid and it has never been quite right since.
on September 12, 2013
These push up stands are awesome, i'd definitely recommend them to anyone who needs them. One thing I really like is the ability to break them down and make it portable. I mainly use these at the gym which I bike to, so it's important to have a little space in my backpack. With these easy attachable pushup stands, I can break them apart and put them in my bag before heading out. Very easy snap on/off functionality.
on June 5, 2013
This is a plastic product.

If you are an average-sized person as I am (more or less ... a little more than less, maybe?) or better, you will be sensitive to the "plasticness" of the product.

I have metal push-up bars for regular use.

This product is in my suit bag -- the two bars can be disassembled and fit flat in a gallon Ziploc bag. Perfect for a traveler who likes to work out conveniently on the road.
on July 14, 2014
The little black corners come off more than I'd like but these things fit the bill. I've got a bad right wrist and cannot do a push up without these things. With them, I'm churning out a couple hundred push ups per week. I travel a lot and love that they break down as they do. Recommend!
on May 7, 2013
These are actually very sturdy and very strong. My only complain is that the feet don't grip very well. I'm not that heavy, I'm only 164 lbs. but when I do push ups the bars start shifting from where I set them at the beginning of my set. I tried these on my kids' play mats, on hardwood, and tiles. They shift no matter what I do. The rubber things aren't grippy enough.
on July 9, 2013
So I bought a pair of this at my local sporting store and I really liked them. These on the other hand... way cheaper material. I bought this for my wife because she liked mine. They seemed identical to the ones I already had, but they are not. The soft part on the top slides down very easily and the plastic is very thin. I would not recommend them.
on November 13, 2015
Works good I brought this item to keep under my desk at work. When everyone is out for meetings or lunch I grab my push up bars and begin knocking out push ups...Very nice item

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.