BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 18, 2015
This workout is a good balance of exercises for someone who's looking for a workout to segue from a beginner to moderate exercise workout. When I haven't worked out regularly for awhile, I can just do the half session workout and then work back up to the full workout that's more intense and uses the actual weights. There's also a bonus abs workout that's mostly a bunch of crunches and stretches that actually makes your tummy feel the pain when you're out of shape, but keep at it and your body gets toned and in shape to withstand it. Valerie Bertinelli imparts a down-to-earth tone throughout the workout and makes you feel as if she's a fellow exercise class student. The trainer is also clear in his instruction. For a more intense workout also from the same Gaiam video line, the Kristi Yamaguchi video is a lot more strenuous...and good when you're in better shape. I think using both helps mix things up.
on October 23, 2013
It's hard to believe that Valerie Bertinelli is in her 50's and had ever struggled with weight problems. She looks great.

Her sunny personality and upbeat attitude shines through (as usual) in this exercise DVD. You can't help but feel enthused about following along and Losing It too!

Unlike so many other exercise dvds, Valerie actually makes working out fun. And before you know it, it's a done deal!

Keep them coming Val, you are an inspiration to all of us! :<)
on September 30, 2014
I am not an active person, and I like Valerie Bertinelli, she has always seemed genuine to me, and as the price was right I thought I would try this dvd workout. I have owned it probably over a year now and have used it off and on when I have been a couch potato AGAIN and needed to move, for that purpose, it is a good choice for a sedentary person like me. I only do the standing exercises, the floor exercises are not for me! It got me moving and onto more activity after I got used to moving more again. Valerie is really pleasant and a little sarcastic, which I can relate to, and the fact that she struggles with her weight like the rest of middle aged women was also a plus!
on August 19, 2015
Used it today for the first time. This is perfect for the beginner and us out of shape people. I didn't set a timer so I could search for things wrong with it. I finished about 10 minutes ago and I'm sweating, I feel good, my body feels worked, and it's not so hard that I feel discouraged. I didn't sense any animosity between Valerie and her trainer either. This is worth more than I paid for it on Amazon. Arrived fast too!! Will definitely recommend it to others.
on November 2, 2015
Oh my word. If you're looking for a workout that's heavy on lower body, go for it! However, if you have bad knees, steer clear, thanks to the heavy amount of squats and lunges. I was hoping this would be more balanced and have more cardio included, but as others have mentioned, that wasn't the case. Love Valerie, love her cooking show, not a big fan of this DVD.
on May 17, 2011
Love this DVD, has two workouts. 20 minute for beginners and after you can get thru that with some ease a 40 minute. Tons of lunges and squats, but trainer breaks it up well with arms and abs so you don't feel like that's all you're doing. Great for beginners looking to get some muscle strength built up.
on October 22, 2015
Love Valerie's book also. I like how she tells a story with each recipe, and give kudos to the ones that made the dish first. Nice to know that she still loved her ex-inlaws and highlights some of her ex mother-in-laws recipes. Easy to make everything too.
on February 20, 2016
A wholesome and motivating exercise video. The beginning exercises are great for someone like me just beginning an exercise program. A friend recommended this DVD, and I will also.
on March 19, 2012
I bought this video at a discounted price, figuring that it would be an okay workout for the money. I was surprised that it included some pretty good toning exercises on the 40 minutes session. The cardio type exercises were mountain climbers and a jump twist move - neither of which are my favorites. I liked Bertinelli's comments - although some reviewers didn't. Her trainer, Christopher, is kind of intense but she makes the video more fun.
on July 15, 2011
This workout has two levels...beginners and advanced. The exercises are easy to do and follow along. Lots of basic exercises-lunges for the legs and butt, sit ups, push-ups, weights for the advanced level. Even the basic level gives you a good total body workout. Valerie Bertinelli adds her bubbly personality to it and is enjoyable to watch. I would recommend it for anyone that wants a quick 20 min workout or a more intense 40 min workout.