Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 41 reviews
on June 11, 2014
I really like the Valkyrie Profile's take on Norse mythology. Marvel's Thor movies are eh, and the comics are hit and miss to me. This game is the first not playing as a Valkyrie, and it is for games what the Star Trek TNG episode (not the movie) "First Contact" does. This flips the perspective from you playing as the Gods to the mere mortals below, with a touch of realism. The characters are believable, and all have Shakespeare like tragic flaws. Replay value is high, the only downside is that the voice over dialogue was like 90% cut for the English version. Instead of doing like Chaos Rings for the iOS and leave in the entirety of the Japanese voice actor spoken dialogue, this game dubbed just small pieces and cut out the rest. I know this because while living in Japan I bought many of the original versions of games because it was never a guarantee the game would be localized in English.
on April 5, 2013
As a veteran of the Valkyrie Profile franchise I honestly wasn't surprised by how difficult the game was, but honestly the story more than makes up for it and after a while the difficulty evens out to about normal. I do suggest making more than one save file as their are multiple paths you can choose with in the game. Some of the events are more difficult to play through than others and those saves will come in handy.
on June 19, 2017
I like it
on March 30, 2017
For my collection of games in ds, because I can't said is complete without a game like valkyrie. His story is deep and fresh in this game
on January 31, 2013
Look, I'll be the first to say it; the game is excellent, a lot of fun, but there are a FEW missions which are meant to work as stopgaps just for the sake of stopgapping. Oh, you're supposed to protect that person all the way across the map from dying? Well don't count on them defending themself; your boned if you don't rush to them. And Heugot, FRIGGIN' HEUGOT.

Overall it's a lot of fun, if lacking on a few missions. It's interesting to play through from the human side of things for a change.
on February 28, 2011
I have play Final Fantasy tactics , Disgaea , and some other games I can't remember. This game makes you careful how you move and fight on the battle map. When you fight someone or they fight you all allies within attack range get to join in and if they have special attacks they can do even more damage.

well I don't want to say to much and spoil things or not give it enough credit the Valkyrie Profile games are good fun.
on August 1, 2011
Like all of the Valkyrie Profile games, it has a good story and great character development (although not quite up to the level of Lenneth- which was extraordinary). That being said, this game is very hard. Hour after hour, try after try, just to beat certain battles. The difficulty definately takes away from the enjoyment of the game.
on December 25, 2012
Very nice game, though I haven't gotten very far in it yet. Fire Emblem like in battlestyle with a twist and the plot seems pretty nice. Not too fond of the sin system, but maybe I just haven't gotten the hang of it yet.
on March 30, 2014
I love the game I've played another Valkyrie profile on the playstation 2 an the playstation portable. I really this story of the game
on February 15, 2010
As a Huge VP series fan this is a game that I coudn't wait to get my hands on.
The Pros:
- I have thoroughly enjoyed the fresh prespective of trying to kill Lenneth valkyrie instead of fighting on her side.
- The Sin factor actually transformed battles from your typical strategy battles to something way more enjoyable.
- The branching and the character stories and how each branch shows you a different side to them kept me saving and trying out different character combinations so the replay value is high.

The Cons:
- My only comment on this game was the endings. The best ending was completely unsatisfactory and I actually found the average ending to be better. I wish Square-Enix put some more thought into it to end it with a bang.

Overall Great addition to your DS RPG collection.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.