Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on May 28, 2015
Outstanding. This movie was really excellent, and I recommend it to everyone. I am an extremely tough grader, and I only give 5 stars to absolute classics. Like the title of my review says, this is still one of the best war movies since 1990, though, and definitely should get 4 to 4.5 stars.

For anyone that doesn't know, they used real Navy Seals for the cast of this movie. It lent a really nice realism to the whole thing. With most Navy Seal movies, the Seals are portrayed by Hollywood guys who might actually be the anti-war type, and you're sort of rolling your eyes at them. This takes care of that, even if none of these Seals are Sir Lawrence Olivier. The acting suffers somewhat and there is an ever so slightly cheesy, amateur feel to this movie, but I think you will agree that the move to use real Seals kicks this movie into high gear and makes it a real thrill ride. It also avoids the common stupid mistake of bogging down in talking and relationships. This movie rocks and rolls for almost two hours straight. It moves from one action scene to the next. The mise en scene, and the photography are actually a complete top notch job. They are A-list and are better than many A-list movies out there.

Quite simply, this movie rocks and delivers everything it should. It was mammoth watching SWCC lay down some fire power. This movie was truly excellent, and every war movie fan should watch it. Four stars, easily, and I would actually put it in the same league as "Saving Private Ryan," although it was quite different from that movie.
7 people found this helpful
on December 31, 2017
Terrific movie! One of my all-time favorites...especially when you learn about the actors! Real, authentic, NAVY SEALS, you head me...NOT ACTORS....real men in the service! The warrior ethos, the plot, the acting, the sacrifices...all give me chills just thinking about it. If you haven't seen this movie yet...get GOING and rent, buy, borrow, whatever...just watch...you won't be disappointed.
on June 5, 2014
This movie was so authentic I actually recognized a US Navy ship that had been pulled up to the pier outside my window when I worked in a Naval Shipyard. The active duty Navy seals who engaged in the action in the film were so impressive, their skills not exaggerated, and the glimpse of their family life heart warming. While the threat to our country was chilling, the heroic actions re-enacted reiterated what an honor it is to have our military members protecting us. The sacrifices shown in the film were heart rending and representative of the debt we owe to our warriors and their families. I was also deeply moved and impressed by the honor shown to the CIA field operatives who risk so much and who serve without being openly identified to us as the heroes they are. When I realize this was a re-enactment of something a real person went through, I am moved to appreciate the real people who operate in secret to protect us all, including providing valuable intelligence to the military. The connection between Russian mafia and the drug cartels on our very border is something I had suspected but hadn't had verified until now. What it takes to keep our nation safe from these unholy alliances is mind blowing...as is this movie about the folks who do keep us safe. Most moving was the honoring of all the Navy seals who have made the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country from 911 to the date the movie was made. We will never forget. Thanks to all who risk everything to protect us and to your families. You are heroes.
5 people found this helpful
on January 16, 2015
Hmmm, well despite just awful acting this movie was beyond suspensful! Vivid, exciting action scenes depicting Navy Seal situation that will have your stomach in knots almost the whole time. Brief moments where the horrible actors attempted dialog that was awful. The plot was haunting and even without dialog the movie was gripping. I don't blame the writing because there were some memorable lines that will stay with you.
If Yes, I understand love America, support the military and enjoy action movies you want be dissapointed.
If you don't love America or action you should watch this for a few reasons while the Military men and women deserve our support.
Ultimately, if you have low expectations for the acting (and it isn't so much their acting as their dialog) , and can have patience for the very few scenes that include dialog, then you won't be dissapointed by this nail biter exciting thriller!
on January 20, 2013
. . . and Act of Valor was just what the doctor ordered. I wasn't always on the sidelines. I did my combat tour in Southeast Asia a long time ago, and I have found most war movies either too intent on shock value, too "John Wayne" or just too unbelievable. Ike: Countdown To D-Day is my all time favorite, which would indicate my preference towards honesty and thought process. What a treat Valor was! So many scenes that were totally captivating in their believability when held up to the light of what and who I know.

The family scene on the beach was so well thought out, and set a soft undertone to what the viewer knows will be a violent film. Even so, just as others have said, the killing was not promoted to front and center stage. Rather, it was dealt with as it had to be, and then we moved on. The fast boat stuff was amazing! The Gatling Gun rumble was perfect, and that alone brought back such vivid memories of another time in my life.

This is a very watchable movie . . . perhaps a must watch. I just saw Zero Dark Thirty in the theater, and it did not measure up to Act of Valor. I was grateful to again feel immense pride in the unsung men and women of Special Ops who are trained and willing to give so much in service to you and I.
3 people found this helpful
on April 11, 2016
If you're looking for an award level performance with real actors playing soldier, this is not your movie. However if you are interested in seeing real SEALS performing real types of operations with live ammo, this is your movie.
Having read about the making of the movie before buying it this made the movie even better for me. The SEALS in the movie are real active duty, not actors and the movie took over a year and a half to make because the SEALS kept getting deployed during the making of the movie.
The hot extract scene early in the movie is well worth the cost of the movie alone.
on July 17, 2014
This is my second review of this film. I'm doing this again because many people still don't understand what is going on.
First, the most aggravating point that is made is the apparent understanding of family and friend values concerning these men and what they do. When men put their lives on the line every time they go on a mission, they don't know if they are coming home. This is why they value the little things that the bulk of humanity takes for granted. So, these men cling to the family and brotherhood.
They rely heavily on knowing each other inside and out so when the time comes to do their duty they can depend on the men around them.
I thought this film was excellent in every respect. They may not have won any "Oscars" for it but it gives incredible insight into what these very special warriors do. They deserve all the recognition they can get. Believe me! They earn it!!
Take a look a movies like "Captain Phillips" and "Lone Survivor" as well. The grueling training that they go through shows just how special they are.
I salute you men and so should everybody else.
on May 18, 2017
Action packed with REAL U.S.Navy seal footage! As real as it gets right down of how to how it sounds to have rounds buzzing like a hornets 🐝 nest zipping over your head! Real life team work that's the way to take care and control over any adverse impact.
on December 3, 2016
Every American should watch this movie, especially our politicians. An incredibly realistic movie. That such brave people should sometimes find a lack of support from our government is pathetic. These brave and heroic people, performing monumental acts of self sacrifice, are among the characteristics that has made America great. How do you feel about our country's borders? Watch this movie and then think and re evaluate how safe our borders really are. A superb movie, should have won some awards. I have watched it several times, still stimulates thoughts of where this country is now and what these people are standing for... us and the safety of this country.
on May 2, 2017
This is another great movie many of the actors or actually seals and did a great job of presenting how they actually operate. Great price fast shipping. Thank you.