Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 22, 2014
This book is hysterical. With all the horrible vampires out there like the sparkling creatures not worthy of the name, the vampires here are able to maintain some vampire-ness. The story is both able to exist in the vampire genre and parody it (and parody it well). It has the set up of two supernatural men vying for the one human woman. There's the "safer" choice and the "bad boy" choice. Yet, the dynamics play off what is expected for the genre. Josie, the main character, is not the traditional woman in the middle, either; she is snarky and driven. She knew what she wanted and went for it. Instead of delicate flowers that let the men control everything, Josie takes charge. She is unabashed when asking questions that border naïve and insensitive because in the vein of (pun intended) True Blood/Sookie Stackhouse series vampires are a recognized minority in this series. Josie, however, knows little of them beyond being attractive and desirable for a night in the sheets. Finally, when she has her dream encounter; there's more to it then she could know. The book's flow and style are wonderful. The way it is written there is faux excerpts from various supposed sources and dear Abby-esque advice which adds to the humor and give look into the world in which the story is set. The pacing is so fast (but so incredible) you find yourself at the end before you know it. Great book, I recommend it to anyone who wants a good, quick, read.
on August 28, 2013
Josie works at the bridal shop and her lifelong dream is to date a vampire. What a coincidence, her mailman has an invitation to a vampire party and he gives it to her. How nice of him, right? At the party she meets Gregory, a handsome, tall billionaire. After the party she meets handsome, obnoxious smoker. They both want to date her. Which one will she choose. Which one will turn out to be a psycho killer?
The book is actually not that bad as I tought it would be. It has its funny moments. I don't regret downloading it, but I'm not interested in second and third part.
Josie, the protagonist, is little bit naive, and let's face it, gullible. In a world where vampires are part of society not knowing bacic things about them seems just stupid to me. Also using swear words was a little out of place for me. I mean, I don't mind them at all in books or in the movies, but in this particular situation it just seemed like the author took some swear words and threw them into the text at random.
In a nutshell, you can check the book out, have some nice time with it, but if you don't your world won't fall down in pieces.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
I honestly didn't expect to like this and I think it's because I downloaded it when it was free. Sadly most books that vampire related and free at some point usually end up on the low end of the scale. I'm happy to say this went the other way.
The main character, Josie, is a little goofy and at times I wanted her to stop saying such stupid things but most of the time she didn't bother me. Walker kind of annoyed me with his mood shifts but I suppose given his reasoning it makes sense.
I like how it's not just focused on the relationships like the name suggests it will be but there is some actual depth to the characters. There was a great mix of humor involved and some rather witty comments that had me laughing. The writing style is fairly easy going and has a kind of informal relaxed feel, if that makes any sense. (Think Sookie Stackhouse type informality). It is a pretty short and fast paced read but it didn't feel over worked or rushed, and I'm actually pretty curious about the second one.
on February 9, 2017
This is a fun entertaining read about a young woman whose purpose seems to be getting with a vampire. But her purpose seems at odds with her life. She needs to be a little more circumspect about her obsession. Enjoy I did.
on February 11, 2014
I got this first book free and was hooked! I ended up buying the rest of the collection (4 books total). I found them very easy to get into. I loved the characters, storyline and of course happy ending. I recommend this book to anybody who is into vampires, romance novels and a sense of humor/sarcasm. My only complaint is that I wish the books were longer!
on June 14, 2011
The Vampire Relationship Guide is a book that's been on my TBR-list for a while. I am a big fan of Evelyn LaFont. I think pretty much everything she writes is brilliant, and funny, and smart. So even though I've wanted to read this book, I was a little hesitant. What if the book didn't live up to the expectations I had put on it. Well, crises averted. I am happy to say the The Vampire Relationship Guide: Meeting and Mating was everything I hoped for/expected from LaFont.

First off, I love Josie. She's a real "guy's girl". She lives an life uncomplicated by marriage, children or a stressful career. And she is completely content. She's funny and fearless. Josie is the kind of character that we can vicariously live through. She usually has good intentions; but almost always says or does something to end up in ridiculously funny situations. Josie is an endearing character. While reading the book, I felt as if I were chatting with my favorite friend.

Another aspect of the book that I liked is the men. Josie becomes involved with not one ridiculously attractive vampire, but two. The men are everything you can ask for: unbelievably handsome, charming, rich and mysterious. The buildup of the relationships is hot and sometimes so lingering, I thought I would go crazy (in a good way!). Towards the end, I was caught by surprised. Because while this is a funny, sexy little book, it also has heart. The tenderness shown to Josie by one of the vamps, who shall not be named, was so darn beautiful.

The ending of the The Vampire Relationship Guide was set up perfectly for book two, The Vampire Relationship Guide: Volume 2, due out August 31, 2011.

I like to post favorite passages from books. While there were many, many quotable lines, this struck me as one of the funniest:

"The cab smelled like it'd been slept in by ten retired circus clowns who'd gotten jobs scooping horse poo with their hands. I was so upset about what happened between ____ and me that I didn't even bother to care that I was steeping myself in Eau de Poopie Clown."
One person found this helpful
on August 22, 2013
This book was one funny moment to the next. Josie has always wanted to date a vampire, and when she finally gets a chance to rub elbows with some at a party she jumps at the chance. She ends up with not one, but two, sexy vamps chasing her. Unfortunately on of them wants her dead. If you love seriously funny romance with a hint of vampire, this is the book for you.
on June 4, 2013
I picked up the first volume free on Kindle and was definitely compelled to make the purchase of all three. The development of the characters and their relationships (and the way/time information is revealed about them) is very effective, and there are parts that made me chuckle out loud. I'd love to know more about the world this is written in and the situations surrounding the supernatural culture and the tensions therein. A little more expansion in that regard definitely wouldn't be amiss, but overall, this is a very fun read.
on May 4, 2012
I absolutely adored this story. I picked up a kindle copy of this book while it was for free through PRIME. I finally read it last night and I have to say....the author is genius. I really loved the character of Walker. I won't try to post spoilers..but I knew. I KNEW. This is a well written, witty piece that any vampire lover should give a chance. I did. I can't wait to get my hands on the others!
on July 10, 2014
The idea is good, but the execution is just mediocre. The writing is not very descriptive. It's almost as though the author sets out to answer the questions you may have had while watching vampire movies or reading other vampire books, but without really having an interesting story to back it up.