BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 11, 2008
Unless I am completely 100% mistaken, this one is currently on sale at my local comic book store. It's been sitting in a special bin right at the front of the store along with many other rare and expensive comics.

But that's not why I am confused, no. The reason I am confused is that the cost for this one at the comic book store is currently at only $80. I say "only" because compared to what these guys paid for it, $80 is down right cheap.

No, it is NOT certified 9.6 or whatever, as it is just sitting inside a regular bag and board. I know it's the same one because although I didn't buy it (yet) I saw the front cover and it has the same picture and also states that it is 1 of 1000.

Can somebody tell me why only 16 of the 1000 are currently graded as superior? Even if I buy this one for the $80 and send it off to be graded, I am almost positive it will not be accepted as being in mint condition, just good, so I figure sending it off is pointless.

But I will tell you this, issue 1, the regular cover, 1st printing is currently being sold on TFAW for $24.99. At just over a year old, this means the $80 copy must have also gone up in price as $80 I believe is the original selling price. Speaking of which, why does this one cost so much yet ones like Serenity "Better Days" 1 of 1000 special edition only cost me $20. And the Time and Space Toys fan created Angel After the Fall covers which are also limited to a production run of only 1000 each currently sell for only $10 each. Those seem rather rare too, if you've seen them, you'll know to what I am referring to.

If anyone can answer my questions, can you drop me an email at richjL413@yahoo.com. thankx.
on June 21, 2008
Buffy Season 8 has been out for just over a year now and has become a HUGE hit; Joss really hit one out of the park this time. This comic is a collector's item only, not for reading but display or storage in a private collection. Only 1000 were made of this special edition and very few are in good condition (CGC 9.4 or better). Dark Horse released this edition by holding a raffle that gave 100 lucky retailers 10 copies apiece. With Buffy being a worldwide hit with a strong cult following this special edition comic WILL always be hard to find and will only continue to go up in value.