Industrial Deals Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

I thought for some reason that I had read this was going to be the last book in the series, obviously I was mistaken.

Vampire Sun may be one of the best books in the series, Sam always has problems to work out , some monumental and many very normal (like dealing with her sister and kids). What never happens for me in these novels is being bored, her life interests me, her newly discovered skills interest me, and her shambles of a love life make me sad but looks like that might be picking up a bit.

In addition to her different vampire problems she has to solve, she actually has a real case that has nothing to do with vampires but seems to be something really strange when a woman disappears completely and Sam is hired to find her. Great story and I still love these books and hate to even think about them ending.

Bottom Line: 5 Stars because I am addicted to reading about her life, Samantha Moon is an exceptional story because there is no other characters like her being written, she has enough human feelings to allow people to connect to her while fighting off everything from demons to cheating husbands and boyfriends. Whats not to love 5 Stars ...
11 comment|Report abuse
on January 18, 2017
Excellent! J.R. Rain is an amazing writer, and he writes first person "Samantha Moon" perfectly!

Vampire Sun carries us further into the story of Samantha' s life. She has a new client, a husband, who stops at a Starbucks, under his wife's urging for a particular drink, but then, she doesn't come out of the store. She is missing, and he hires Sam to find her.

In between, looking for her client's wife and being a Mom, she has lots of other things on her mind. Like the being inside her, that she wants out, the diamond amulet, and what it could do for her, etc.

Another great book, carrying the story along, while solving a new case. Excellent!!
on May 2, 2014
I absolutely love the Samantha Moon series and what J. R. Rain has done with it. Vampire Sun was fantastic. Still has all things classic Samantha Moon. Her humor and sarcasm keep you entertained throughout the story. She still has so much to learn and figure out about herself and her growing powers. But now she has to figure out what's going on with her son too. I always enjoy the private detective work she does and how she works hard to figure out her cases. J.R. Rain did a great job with this book and gives us glimpses of more things that come to light regarding Sam and her life fighting the evil she feels in herself. I was a bit surprised at the ending but in a good way. This was another highly entertaining book in this awesome series. Can't wait to see what JR has in store for us next. Highly recommend this series if you enjoy a strong...funny....sarcastic...heroine.
on April 30, 2014
J.R Rain continues to dazzle and leave you wanting more. In a genre where it's getting to the point where it has all been said and done, Mr. Rain still has some surprises up his sleeve. The ninth book in this series continues with a fun witty fast paced plot. With new discoveries along the way.
I find it hard to leave a review about the book without giving to much away. Especially with these books I get caught up going on and on trying to get across just how good they are! So I'm not going to say anything about the plot. Other than its great! I can't say enough about these books. Give them a try, you will be glad you did. Enjoy :)
on June 22, 2014
As our story opens, Samantha Moon has two major problems, one professional and one personal. The professional problem ensues from being hired by a distraught husband whose wife disappeared three weeks prior. Now, spousal disappearances are relatively common compared to other potential tragedies, but this woman disappeared from a Starbucks. She went in, she ordered, she headed toward the bathroom and then was never seen again. The surveillance tape clearly shows her entering the store but it never shows her leaving, not by any entrance or window. The woman has fine and truly disappeared, as in “Beam me up, Scotty” disappeared.

The personal problem is far nastier, however. The demon inside Sam, the entity that makes her a vampire, is getting stronger every day. The demon’s thoughts are coming through more often and it is getting harder for Sam to distinguish between her own ideas and those of the demon. Sam is beginning to enjoy the taste of the animal blood she used to despise. She finds herself evaluating people as potential straight-from-the-vein sources of nutrition. And she no longer abhors the sight of death. In fact, she’s beginning to think that violent death is normal.

Sam knows that she has to retrieve the Diamond Medallion soon. She knows that she is only one slip-up, one crack in the armor, from losing her soul completely to the demon. Activating the medallion will force the demon from her body, will negate the need for drinking blood, and yet will allow Sam to retain all her other vampire skills and her immortality. And Sam has learned that Fang is the only person who knows where the medallion is located. Oh, joy!

J. R. Rain stated earlier this year that “Vampire Sun” would be the final entry in the Samantha Moon series. He has since rescinded that decision, with several more entries now in the works. However, had this actually been the final book, it would have been a fine last hurrah. This novella brings together all the major themes from previous times – her work, her resident demon, the four medallions, her guardian angel, the Librarian, Fang, and Talos (the bat creature). Her children are still struggling with their grief over the recent murder of their father. Her son’s super-human strength is still growing. And then there’s Kingsley.

Each of these plot lines is resolved satisfactorily, if not perfectly, by the end of the story. As stated previously, Rain intended it to be the last. But apparently, those imperfections provided Rain with a jumping-off point for yet another story arc. And, of course, as long as there is life, there is always another tale to tell.
on September 17, 2016
The Samantha Moon series is great and this book did not disappoint ! I have followed the story for quite some time and I love how the characters have evolved . Samantha was a regular married woman with two kids when at 28 years old she is attacked and changed into a vampire. I love that she is always a mom first and thinking about her children as she learns how to deal with her new condition. She is still picking up the kids from school ,doing laundry and watching Judge Judy on TV. She starts her own detective business and the stories usually include something she is working on, while dealing with regular life issues. At one point her husband learns about what she has become and eventually they divorce and then she starts dating a were wolf attorney etc. You don't have to read all the books to know what's going on, but it really helps to see her slow transformation with her new powers. And wow, she does transform.
on July 14, 2015
VAMPIRE SUN is the 9th book in the VAMIRE FOR HIRE SERIES by author J.R. Rain. He has once again outdone himself with this adventurous page turner. Rain keeps to the Samantha Moon humor and sarcasm that is in all his previous books in the series tying the series together beautifully.
Private detective, Samantha Moon is in pursuit of the diamond medallion that could restore parts of her humanity while allowing her to keep some of her vampire powers. Suspense mounts when Samantha finds her friend Fang, a young vampire, has the fourth medallion and she wants it.
As Detective Moon works to solve her latest case of the missing wife at the Starbuck Café, Samantha finds herself researching the history of the medallions. She finds herself communicating with spirits as well as the mysterious Librarian, Archibald Maximus. She also has a brief visit with an old character in an unexpected way.
Long running series are hard to keep a reader’s attention, but Rain’s does this with ease. He mixes adventure, danger and family dedication throughout his entire series with a cast of great characters. Each book is a new adventure.
You will have to read the book to see how the author pulls it all together to make it a great read.
on May 4, 2014
Where do I start, first of all, I think this is my favorite book in the series. What I love about this series and this book in particular is even though Samantha, the main character is a vampire, her human qualities, especially her mothering qualities, and the need to do good always take precedence in the end. We do see see Sam fighting with herself to not let the demon within out. A couple of revelations come out in this book that grab you by surprise, which tells you just how good of a writer J.R. truly is, because after nine books in this series he is still able to surprise us. Love the characters and the enticing plot that keeps us wanting more. This was supposed to be the last one in the series but thank goodness J.R. listened to the fans and decided not to end the series. The author also has a seamless way of intersecting pertinent information from previous books but at the same time, as the series gets longer, more of the book is devoted to that. I understand this need but at the same time, maybe a little less would be sufficient to jog someone's memory of previous books. This is definitely a series that you want to read as a whole and in order. To those Samantha Moon fans out there this book is a must read, you won't be disappointed!
on August 3, 2014
Samantha Moon books have been my addiction since the very first one and I'm like a little kid at Christmas when I see Rain has released a new one. Some are better than others, some are scarier, some more emotional, but all of them go too fast for me. This newest is no different. It was over before I knew it, which happens when I enjoy a book so much my mind escapes into the pages (electronics??) of the authors creativity. I felt like this one tied up some ends for me, like questions I had about the medallions, questions about Sam's ex, and questions about where Sam might be heading in her love life. Sam's new case was fun too- a real brain teaser that brought on a new detective who was really likable, and an ending that kind of surprised me but was very much in line with Sam's beliefs. If you're Samantha Moon fan, grab this one up now. You won't be disappointed. And if you haven't started the series yet, go back to the first and read through- you'll become a fan fast. Gotta love J.R. Rain's books!
on July 24, 2015
Still loving this series. The books keep on getting better and better. I love the fact that we get to see more of Allison, Fang, Kingsley, and get to see her kids growing up. I just love the alchemist and the way he talks about "life" with Samantha. And without giving anything else away, Sam's fallen angel seems to be coming around again. I can't wait to read the next book. I give this book a HUGE FIVE STARS.