Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 187 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 549 reviews
on May 25, 2017
Probably the best album by Van Halen. My current car Cd.
on April 18, 2014
How do ya not love the first four VH albums. These albums take me back to my youth. They're party albums, road albums,
feel better albums and most important, landmark rock n roll albums. This is the first VH album. The one that started it all.
This is the album that introduced the world to Eddie Van Halen. The most influential guitarist to come along since Hendrix's
passing. Half of these songs have been over played by rock radio but I guess there's a reason for that. It's a great
record and one of the best debuts of all time.
on July 1, 2008
Ok, I was buying the Jamie's Crying mp3 and I noticed that Van Halen 1 only got 4.5 stars with 306 reviews. I had planned to sit back and ENJOY all of the samples but those 4.5 stars were a terrible reminder that something was seriously wrong with some people in this world. I do not mean that maliciously as I am not a malicious person. However, we are speaking of VAN HALEN 1 PEOPLE!!! This is probably the absolute best album of all time. This guys revolutionized just about everything in the business. If they didn't they might as well have because EVERYONE loved them.

I seriously do not remember a single soul who do not at least like them. Even the rednecks and preppies liked them and then you kinda had to force that out of them because they still wanted to make fun of the "freaks" who listed to rock and wore black clothes and smoked. This is how friggin wonderful these guys are....I heard "You Really Got Me" on some movie about bored kids in suburbia with Matt Dillon playing his very first role, after being discovered skipping class at his school. Anyway Matt Dillon gets killed in the end. Sad, I like Matt Dillon. But...THIS IS VAN HALEN PEOPLE!!! I loved that song so very much and the credits were so messed up at the end of the movie that I could not see who the band was. I was 14 and it was the summer before I started high school. I went to the only record store in my town and searched through all the albums for the name of the SONG--You Really got Me. Do you guys know how long that took me? We are talking seriously long days, I mean the people at the store were beginning to become suspicious of me. I could not find it. None of my friends knew who it was either, we lived in a major "adult contemporary" town. They helped me in my search though like the loyal, loving, freak friends they were. Imagine my thrill, my joy, my RELIEF at finally finding the words "You Really Got Me" on the back of the band Van Halen's 8 Track tape.. I finally found it at J.C. Penneys. (Yes they sold music). It was in the V's and it took me at least another 3 hours search to find it.

I had two friends and my sister with me. We immediately rode our bikes back home to my house where we proceeded to skip to the "You Really Got Me" song. We put the stereo on "10" and rocked out!!! Thank God my mom and dad were at work! Then the REAL surprise came when we listened to the whole 8 track. It was unbelievable!!! I think we just sat there with our mouths open and drooled, it was like Heaven. Now, I have to state something I noticed about my fine friends who gave 5 stars. I review a lot here and I read even more reviews. I mean I read reviews for vitamins and cleaning supplies. I really like to read reviews. Reviews and forums, they are my facebook.

Anyway, I have NEVER, EVER, seen reviews as long as the 5 star ones for Van Halen 1. Do you 1, 2, and 3 starers even get that? There are about 6 each of you and over 250 5 stars. I totally believe in individual taste. Believe me, I was the total "underground music" and "pre-goth" movement girl. But COME ON PEOPLE!!! This is Van Halen. I do not need to tell you of the musical talent, genius and charisma that this band put forth on their first album, my other reviewer companions have done so BEAUTIFULLY. I could not state it any better than they have. I just had to get this tension I felt from staring at those horrible 4.5 stars for too long off of my chest.

I am now 41, a wife, a mother, a college graduate, an about to be teacher, a published poet and a kitty cat lover. When I hear anything from this album I am simply a 14 year old, skinny, innocent and shy little girl experiencing pure rock and roll for the first time in her life.
on May 5, 2017
One of the best albums that van Halen did.
on June 15, 2017
Good music from the good ole days.
on May 31, 2017
Original Halen at their early best.
on February 7, 2017
One of the best rock bands of all time!
on March 24, 2017
Great record recording, sounds great!
on June 7, 2017
Thank You!
on March 14, 2017
Takes me back to my teen years :)