Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ricky Martin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $49.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on April 16, 2012
At a glance:
When it comes to dress shirts, it's always a flip of a coin whether or not you get a shirt that'll last, wear correctly, and is something you enjoy wearing. While this shirt is hardly the best I've worn, it's a good every day office shirt.

How it wears:
I purchased this shirt in burnt orange (currently not available), and it's held up well for over two years now. I typically will rotate in shirts once every two weeks, and I typically won't dry clean these types of shirts, but instead will opt for the washer and drier followed up with a good ironing. That being the case, the quality of the shirt has held up relatively well, with no threads coming undone or any areas worn through. Overall, for the price you pay I think they are pretty good shirts, and they last a lot better than some shirts I have paid a lot more for. My only complaint is I prefer dress shirts that are a little thicker in the material used, as the thicker cloth tends to be less wrinkle prone in my experience.

Pros:
* Good price
* Holds up well - two years now with nothing worn through
* Does well in the washer

Cons:
* Slightly prone to wrinkling
* Material is a little thinner than I prefer
on February 6, 2012
I bought a black shirt for my very tall and lean 16-year old to wear for stage work -- and was delighted to be able to get his size (normal neck with extra-long sleeves). As some of you know, this isn't easy.

The fabric is 65-35, which isn't the best, as some have noted; the reverse ratio (65% cotton) would have been a lot better. However, assuming that this is acceptable, the shirt doesn't leave room for much complaint: it looks & feels good, and it falls nicely on a lean frame.

One amusing note: the shirt was likely packed in Asia somewhere: you can tell because there were something like 9 pins holding it together. Be careful when unpacking!
on August 25, 2013
Pros:
Included collar stays keep the collar looking sharp
Good, basic color

Cons:
Polyester blend fabric can get hot
Price is not that competitive, you can find similar items at JC Penny for under $20 which is a more appropriate price

Other:
The fit is definitely regular and not slim
on September 5, 2012
I have three of these shirts. The first, I bought at Macy's off the rack the night before my wedding rehearsal dinner. It fit well and looked great. I wore it that evening and continue to wear it to work frequently, years later. I like it so much, I bought another just like it, also off the rack at Macy's (unfortunately without trying it on). Even though it is the exact same size, the neck is so tight, I can't breathe with it buttoned. But, I still liked the quality, style, and price of the shirt enough to be fooled again. Wishing to avoid a trip to the store, I bought one from Amazon. Figuring that I must have just gained some weight and that the first shirt had stretched, I upped the neck size by 1/2", and acutally bought four different shirts at the same time, from different manufacturers, all the same size. The others fit great. But this one; the neck was way too big, and the extra size in the neck somehow made the arms too long. They bunch up at the wrist, and I look like some sort of circus clown with it on, not to mention there is so much extra material around the waist, I have to fold the shirt over in a sort of pleat to make it remotely wearable. I will NOT be buying this shirt again; at least not online where I can't try it on first.

For what it's worth, it's a good quality shirt for the price. I can discern no difference (aside from the sizing) between the ones I bought at Macy's and the one I bought on Amazon. And the one I bought three years ago, and wear at least weekly, is still in excellent condition. The others, of course, are in excellent condition as well, because I never wear them. The same cannot be said for lesser brands that I have bought for the same price (Geoffrey Beene, for example).
on January 2, 2013
This was a Christmas present for my husband. He likes it and looks good in it. He complains that it's hard to find the right size in stores: it's so easy to search online for this type of item. We hope we can continue to buy this brand and type in the future. It came out of the dryer ready to wear, as promised. There was a slight wrinkle where the shirt had been folded but we sprayed it with water and after hanging, it was fine. Based on my experience with wrinkle-free material, I'm pretty sure it won't need more than an occasional touch-up with the iron. Since ironing is one of my least-favorite chores, that makes me happy.
on June 4, 2008
I bought one of these in Cardinal to replace a basically identical Van Heusen I'd had for a very long time; unfortunately, its sleeves had been too short and I'd only been able to wear them rolled up.

After wearing and washing this one several times, I'm very happy with its fit, color-fastness, and quality. I'll be picking up at least one more in different colors; I definitely recommend the Cardinal, though, it looks great!
on November 28, 2012
I love this shirt. It wears well and washes even better. I have had a couple months now and always wait to leave a reveiw until I have a chance to see how a product performs after a couple months. So far, it's a winner! I love the way it looks and has a great cut to it. I am a bigger guy and think it is cut especially well for guys like me! I was a little hesitant because of the price but in the end I was pleasantly suprised! I will be looking to purchase more of this style and brand of shirts!
on April 23, 2015
Product is as advertised, fast service
on December 25, 2012
I have already purchased Van Heusen shirts previously and the standard has always been high. The fit and general quality of the shirts is reliable, an important consideration when buying on line. Shirts available in shops where I live come in three sizes, small, medium and large. It is a pleasure to be able to stipulate neck and sleeve length sizes which are available with Van Heusen.
on June 13, 2015
nice
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.