Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 58 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 66 reviews
on April 12, 2016
We use this book with Classical Conversations and I absolutely love it. The Experiments are easy to understand and uses materials that are around the house are at least easy to find. It follows the scientific method, What is the purpose, what are your materials, work the procedure, show the results, it even explains why the experiment works instead of leaving you hanging on doing something from a Pinterest fail. I highly recommend any of Janice VanCleave's Science books and experiments.
on May 3, 2017
Great book with lots of quality experiments that are easy to do at home. We are thoroughly enjoying the experiments. My only criticism is that the relationship to the scientific method and scientific principles are somewhat difficult to discern for those without a strong science background.
on October 10, 2016
Saw this in a recommended for you section when purchasing another book. So glad I did!! I've been looking for a condensed form of pinterest science for young kids and this is it! The experiments are pretty quick and simple but very interesting to early learners. The materials are all pretty basic so you would have most of it around the house already. I love that it gives a clear purpose and explanation with each experiment. Purchased a used version as well and saved some money!
on August 18, 2014
Not really a fan of this book, needed as a tutor for Classical Conversations. The experiments are simple to do at home, but most are pretty dull.
on June 6, 2017
Lots of experiments & explanations.
on June 3, 2015
Simple, basic experiments that help me and my children start discussing more complex scientific concepts. I love that most of the experiments use common things I can find around my house and don't take a lot of time to perform, but still leave an impression and help our scientific discussions.
on October 1, 2016
Super easy to follow but interesting science experiments. It's been a good complement to our homeschooling science work.
on October 15, 2015
Use for Classical Conversations as a supplement for my 10 year old daughter. So far so good and it is great that most items needed are common household items.

Only ding is that the illustrations are so-so.
on January 28, 2015
We use this in our homeschool. The experiments are really easy to do and use items around the house. I only wish they had better explanations about why things happen - these are a little brief.
on March 28, 2016
It's good but I wish I would have bought the book and not purchased it on kindle. Nothing is wrong with the kindle edition. It's just a book id rather have on hand