BCA Month Salon Beauty Ali: A Life Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

on January 12, 2013
I rarely send reviews but decided to on this shooting stick. Overall, I think it is a very good stick. The rubberized cushion and swivel make for a solid base that you can easily pivot. The rubber tip works well and seems to stay put even when pivoted at odd angles. I cut off the strap as I didn't like it blowing in the wind or making noise. It provides a very stable but fluid support for shooting.

I would have given it five stars except for three things: 1. Where the cushion base meets the stick, you have to be careful as it can come loose. I may put a drop or two of lock-tight on it to ensure it doesn't come off. That isn't a big deal because you can feel it if it is loose but if you weren't paying attention it could unscrew. 2. When I have had to put a lot of weight on the stick, it has shortened in height slightly. This has not happened just from the weight of my gun, however, only when I have used it more for a trekking pole. 3. The foam cushion near the top of the stick where you hold on to it is too light. To beef it up, I sewed a piece of buckskin on it, which gives it a better grip, and protects it. A rubber handle would have been a better design.

Even with these downfalls, I think it is a well-constructed stick for the price. I bought one for my fishing partner and did the buckskin revamp on his and he loves it. I plan to get one for another friend for his 60th birthday. Anyone who has problems with fidgeting or maintaining a still position should consider one.
on February 21, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
The Vanguard 62-Inch Pro Gun Pod Shooting Stick arrived today, I was pleasantly surprised to find I can use this item for many different things, SLR or point and shoot cameras that except a standard tripod thread allows mounting directly to the top once you remove the threaded gun cradle, perfect to balance steady a camera for longer shutter times. Also a cane type handle is included so my shooting stick can be used as a cane, the adjustable aluminum frame fits any size up to 62 inches! The foam grip on the top is just another way to hold this as a walking stick. Now for the shooting stick cradle, it's adjustable to fit most long guns keeping the barrel steady as you aim and shoot, must say I haven't used this feature but after looking at it see it's a quality pice that any sports shooter may find useful.
on September 20, 2013
The description is misleading.

It says: "Deluxe, strong twist leg locks ". When you receive the product you find a warning on the stick -- load limit 35 pounds. I had planned to take the stick bear hunting in the rugged hills of the northern Berkshires, a steep old-growth area strewn with boulders, fallen trees. I quickly realized it would be too dangerous to hand-carry out to my hunting area. It was dead weight and a hindrance to maneuvering. When I reached my spot, it did serve as an adequate shooting stick.

After the first time out it sat in the camp, and I'll probably never use it again.
on January 18, 2017
Excellent
on December 6, 2013
My opinion of a shooting stick has changed since I bought this. There is nothing wrong with the stick, it works as advertised.Until you try a single stick, you would think the thing would be steady and not shake. Lay a rifle on it and it is almost impossible to hold steady.
The whole affair is not steady sideways and you will probably miss your shot. I think a two leg stick may be a better option. The difference in price influenced me and I now have a walking stick in lieu of a shooting stick.
on January 4, 2017
Great for hunting or hiking! I've even used it in the treestand!
on August 3, 2013
We use this stick for our camera. We take many many outdoor shots with a long lens and this stick makes for a walking stick and a mono pod. Made well . The screw on sand bottom worked great at the beach. So glad we got this instead of a mono pod.
Thanks, Julie Cianfrani, uniquephotos4sale
on February 25, 2015
Left it in box for several months. The holding piece for the wrist strap was broke. It was past the return time so I am stuck with it. It seems not to be to steady.
on June 3, 2016
Very Good product
on January 3, 2015
My husband is very impressed with the options. Likes that you can pivot your gun without moving the stick.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question