- Shipping Weight: 4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B006N8U0GC
- Item model number: BA-185
- Average Customer Review: 38 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #140,642 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Vanguard BA-185 Binocular Tripod Adaptor
|Price:||$22.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Enables you to easily mount your binoculars to a tripod for stable viewing
- Intended for roof prism binoculars (some 50mm+ roof prism binoculars may have an increased minimum interpupillary distance)
- Screws on to the binocular between the objective lenses (binocular must have a 1/4"-20 threaded socket)
- Attaches to any standard tripod, monopod, chest support, etc. (support mechanism must have a 1/4-20 threaded screw)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item Vanguard BA-185 Binocular Tripod Adaptor
Bushnell Universal Binocular Tripod Mount
Vortex Optics Razor HD 10x42 Roof Prism Binocular
Celestron SkyMaster Giant 15x70 Binoculars with Tripod Adapter
Vortex Optics New 2016 Diamondback 10x42 Roof Prism Binoculars
Nikon 7245 Action 10x50 EX Extreme All-Terrain Binocular
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Focus Camera||Amazon.com||Ikon Goods||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||—||1.81 x 4.02 x 4.41 in||5.1 x 5.9 x 1.7 in||4 x 8.5 x 11 in||0.1 x 5.8 x 5.1 in||8.4 x 9.5 x 4.6 in|
|Item Weight||—||4.48 ounces||1.55 lbs||3.28 lbs||1.34 lbs||4.8 ounces|
|Objective Lens Diameter||—||21 millimeters||42||72 millimeters||—||50|
The BA-185 Binocular Tripod Adapter steadies a binocular for clear, relaxed, hands-free viewing. It works with any roof prism binocular that has a standard 1/4"-20 thread tripod socket, and on most models its thin bridge will still allow you to set your bincular to the minimum interpupillary distance adjustment.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The base has (2) 1/4" threaded holes (I assume for adaptability since you only need one) to mount to the quick release on my tripod. Since it's so light weight I just leave the adapter and the quick release mounted to the binocs for quick release and mounting to the tripod.
This mount is very stable! Highly recommended!! If I can figure out how to add photos I will.
UPDATE: well, I had this adapter for 2 days and the knob was sliding in and out freely. It wouldn't stay in place. Looks like possibly a detent (ball & spring) came out and it won't stay in place.
RETURNED: now I rec'd a email 03-09-17 stating I should have a replacement between 03-27-17 & 04-12-17. REALLY?? Amazon are you out of them?
WHY SO LONG????
Anyway, the version I got works great. It screws to your tripod (1/4 inch), and then you screw your binoculars to it. It's made of aluminium. It's not too tall as to lose rigidity, and has a knob that extends a little past your binocular's lenses so you can tighten the adapter down. I think this adapter will last a while. I've got some 16x50 mounted to them.
I hope this helps.