Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Vanicream Cleansing Bar, Fragrance Free, 3.9 Ounce Bars (Pack of 3)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

Size: Pack of 3|Change
Price:$9.45+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on October 11, 2007
I love this soap. I am allergic to almost every skin & hair care product, detergents, fabric softeners, and perfumes. This is the ONLY soap I have been able to consistently use for years. The bars last a long time. It does not smell at all. It leaves no residue. I even use it to clean my glasses. Their shampoo and Lite Lotion are also great. I recommend this product line to anyone who suffers from allergies. (or not! My husband also loves this soap.)
on May 31, 2007
When my daughter was a newborn she didn't have the regular baby rash we read about in books. The pediatrician had us using cortizone creams, Head and shoulders and gave her prescription topicals with alchol in them. I thought "there has to be another way? She's only 2 months old and we're using all these chemicals on her?" We took her to an allergist and found out she had severe eczema. Her skin was tough with patches that were red. Some patches were crusting and oozing. With the Doctor's advice we started to use this soap on her during her bath and coated her skin with the Vanicream pump lotion after her bath. The first night she slept fine without scratching or waking. Within 2 days (honest to goodness) her skin dramatically improved! Her skin softened to the "baby soft" skin she should have had. The oozing patches that kept reoccuring for 2 months (even the prescriptions couldn't get rid of), healed and never came back! Unbelievable.I cannot believe this product. It should be called wondercream!
on February 22, 2012
I read a review where one reviewer said they only recieved 1 bar of soap. Then a read another reviewer who said "I don't know what the other reviewer is talking about - I received 3 bars of soap. Well, I went with the second reviewer and took a chance and ordered this. Guess what, I only received 1 bar of soap for $10.14 on Feb 22, 2012. Also, I do see one bar of this same soap listed for sale for on Amazon ("Vanicream Cleansing Bar, Fragrance Free, 3.9 Ounce Bar by Vanicream" is title) for $3.09, or about 1/3 the price of 3 bars. So, I know it's not a typo on the website and if it is it should easily be fixable. I imagine they send 1 bar and hope you'll think the price is too small to worry about sending it back. I sent mine back.
33 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2014
Got super sensitive skin? Have to wear gloves to touch any soaps and detergents?? This is the soap for you! Even oatmeal soap was irritating for me, but this stuff suds well, no perfumes, and no irritation. All the Vani- products I have tried are great!
on December 5, 2014
This is the best/gentlest cleansing product for my face I have ever used. I have an inflammatory type of rosacea and had tried all of the products that are advertised as gentle for sensitive skin. Those products (including Cerave and Cetaphil) burned my skin on contact--very painful. My dermatologist recommended Vanicream and I was skeptical. It only took using Vanicream one time to change my mind. For me, it is soothing and it also cleanses away makeup. I am so happy that I found it. Even though my skin is much better now, I still prefer Vanicream bar and moisturizing lotion to other products.
on October 2, 2013
I like this soap. Even though it costs two to three times more as most bars from the drug store, it's very soft and leaves you squeaky clean.

My one issue is that I have Allergic Contact Dermatitis and this was one of very few bar soaps I was able to use, as instructed by my dermatologist. It worked great for a long time until I noticed a rash all over my body. I found out that they had changed the ingredients, and one of the new ingredients they added is something I'm highly allergic to (Glyceryl Monothioglycolate). I had to stop using it.

So to anyone who buys this for allergy purposes, make sure you keep checking the ingredients in case they decide to change things again. Other than that, it's a great soap.
on November 4, 2014
I have eczema on the palms of my hands sometimes when I get stressed during the fall/winter months. My allergist recommended using this soap and the Vanicream hand cream exclusively. Yes, I am fully committed when I have flare-ups - keeping a bar of soap at every sink in the house and schlepping a bar to and from work in a portable soap dish. This product works beautifully. I also use it on my face and body. My only complaint is that the soap gets mushy from being wet and it doesn't last as long as I would like (probably because it's not loaded with chemicals?!). The items were received as described. Fast shipment. I have the Prime membership. Very happy with my experience!
on June 5, 2013
Gentle. I recommend keeping it dry when not in use. Don't put it in a soap dish that retains water because it breaks down sooner than you want. I have very sensitive skin on my face (allergies/excema) and I haven't found anything better.
on December 31, 2014
My allergist recommended this Vanicream Cleansing Bar. I had severe itching from all the wonderfully scented soaps and body lotions I was using--filled with flower, seed, fruit, nut, herb oils (you name it). I hated giving them up, BUT, this soap and the Vanicream Moisturizing Cream he recommended really work. The itching has stopped. The soap is hard, and it doesn't really have a scent, although what you can smell is not unpleasant, but get it wet and it lathers richly and beautifully. My skin feels great. I use it as a facial cleanser as well. Between the soap and the cream/lotion, my skin has improved tremendously--my sensitive, acne-prone facial skin in the best shape ever. Not only that, my husband, who had been looking for a soap he would really like, tried this one and is crazy about it. He says it's exactly what he was hoping to find.
on October 23, 2014
Recommended by my dermatologist, I have been using Vanicream Cleansing Bars for the past two years and will not use anything else. The bars last a long time (approximately a month) and have eliminated the dry, ashy skin that no amount of moisturizer seemed to erase. These bars are truly fragrance free, as well, so if you are sensitive to scents, you don't need to worry with this product.