Vanicream Sunscreen, Sensitive Skin, Spf 60, 4 Ounce
- Contains Zinc Oxide, offers protection from UVA as well as UVB
- Contains Antioxidants to help prevent skin damage
- Have fun in the sun and stay protected!
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
High sun protection product. Helps prevent sunburn. Broad-spectrum sunscreen; helps protect from UVB and UVA rays.
Titanium dioxide 7.5%, Zinc oxide 7.5%, Alumina, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cetearyl isononanoate, cetyl alcohol, isopropyl titanium triisostearate/triethoxycaprylylsilane crosspolymer, magnesium sulfate, methylpropanediol, PEG-12 dimethicone, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, phenyl trimethicone, polyethylene, polyhydroxystearic acid, purified water, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, stearyl dimethicone, tetrasodium EDTA, tocopheryl acetate, triethoxycaprylylsilane.
Adults and children 6 months of age and over: Apply liberally and evenly before sun exposure. Rub in thoroughly. Reapply every 2 hours and after swimming, excessive perspiring or after towel drying. Note: Consult a physician before using on children under 6 months of age.
Top Customer Reviews
1. Harmful cancer-causing sunlight consists of UVA and UVB rays. But UVB are the rays that cause a tan. If you are not burning, you can still be getting pelted by UVA rays and not even know it-- Ask any dermatologist--Many people get cancer on their hands and arms even though they think they are always covering up, but in fact when driving for decades, UVA is damanging their skin badly--UVA can penetrate glass--
2. "SPF" protection refers only to UVB protection. Many of the worst melanomas and skim damage are caused by UVA, although both UVA and UVB are very harmful. So when you see "SPF" 60 or 100 or whatever, you may very well be receiving limited coverage and protection.
1. Zinc Oxide is the only non-chemical substance that can effectively block close to 100% of the UVA harmful rays, and blocks most of the UVB rays. Titanium Dioxide is the only non-toxic substance that can effectively block 100% of UVB rays, and most of the UVA rays. These substances are referred to as "mineral" sunblockers.
2. Even a mineral (non-chemical product) that does not contain some combination of both can be excellent, but not provide 100% coverage. (unless you are applying so much Zinc Oxide white layers "like you see surfers wearing on their nose" that the physical barrier alone will take care of almost all UVA and UVB. Some formulations use one or the other, but again, ideally you want both for full sprecturm coverage.Read more ›
1, Many non-chemical sunscreens actually fail to live up to their SPF, but I do think it successfully protected my skin in the worst UV environment. (But I also used hats and such)
2, It is relatively safe for my skin. It didn't make my skin break out.
1, THE greasiest sunscreen I ever experienced. It's ok when you're out hiking or at the beach, but when I went out to see friends, they often commented on how much I was "sweating." When I really did sweat, it made the cream turn white and visible (dotty on my face).
2, As it's noted on Skin Deep Cosmetic safety database, it's not perfectly safe. While I didn't have any breakouts, my face (not my body) got itchy wearing this. But I was able to get around it by putting on a moisturizer before applying this.
3, It's pretty tough to wash off. Though it's not waterproof, after I washed my body I could still smell it and see it on my skin (showing up white especially in wrinkly area).
Despite the problems, I think I might use it again next summer (at least on my body) because I haven't been able to find a better safe, high SPF sunscreen. Other ones don't make my face shiny but make my face look all white.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Super great product- is on greasy side but you need that for extra protection from sun & it stays on really good!Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
Best sun protection for face and neck. A little hard to rub in but really works and does not sting eyes. Highly recommendedPublished 6 months ago by nancy
Very greasy and thick, but works well. Only brand we've found that doesn't cause allergy trouble.Published 10 months ago by B. Hunter
Works for me. I am a person at risk for skin issues, plus the sunscreens I buy at the store always run into my eyes and sting. This product does not do that. Read morePublished 15 months ago by cactusb
It doesn't trigger my allergies, but I wish it didn't make my face so whitePublished 16 months ago by Nancy
I've used this product off and on for at least 4 years. I ended up going back to it because other facial sunscreens left a white film on my black skin. Read morePublished 16 months ago by RU1ofHIS