Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on May 31, 2015
I have a night gown like this that is probably 25 years old that I got from my mom. She loaned it to me and I never gave it back, lol! After years of wearing and washing it, it is starting to get a little hole in it and wearing out. I saw this one and ordered it, even though I thought it was a little spendy. The only difference between this one and my old one is the sleeves, my old one has little sleeves. When this arrived, I washed it according to the directions, and when I pulled it out of the dryer, it felt just like my old one that I got from my mom, only not as worn out. I love this gown! It doesn't wrap around me at night, it is so comfortable, just like my old one. Maybe because it reminds me of my mom and it just feels like "home". My mom has passed away now, so I will keep my old one just for memories sake, but I am super happy to have found the same nightgown. When I was a growing up, I remember my mom and grandma having a drawer full of these gowns. They still feel just as cozy now as they did back then. Outstanding!!!!!
8 people found this helpful
on January 3, 2018
Same style I've worn for many years. The fabric seems thinner, not a huge deal. But, the decorative flowers at the yoke feel very rough and "sharp" around the edges, it seems they have been cut possibly by laser, in order to finish the edges , instead of sewing. Time saver? I will not purchase again.
5 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on July 8, 2017
This material did seem thinner than ones ordered in the past. Made in Haiti. It says 100 % nylon except the decorative appliques on the front of nightgown. Appliques are very stiff feeling and don't soften up with laundering. They are irritating thought would get better, but didn't. Not good when you have sensitive skin.
5 people found this helpful
on April 15, 2015
When I opened the box, I was REALLY glad to find the nightgown inside was as I remembered them in the past. I've been buying them for a long time, but not in the last few years since the outlet stores closed. A week before I had bought 4 from another vendor (not related to Amazon - learned my lesson there!) and received 4 gowns that were absolutely NOT Vanity Fair even though they had the name. Logo was all wrong - material cheap and scratchy. Workmanship terrible. So I quickly went to Amazon and bought this one to compare and there was no contest. The others were obviously not real. The one from Amazon was. Soft and silky as they have always been. Embroidered appliques on the bodice soft and pliable. These gowns hold up so well - I've had many for a decade of frequent washings. I usually don't dry them, or only for a few minutes on low and then hang them up to finish. After all this time, thought, some were getting a little sad which was why I wanted to replace them. And Vanity Fair the company? When I emailed them to tell them about the bogus ones I'd been sold, they immediately offered to replace them with real ones! I had planned to just return them to the seller, but this is a better option. So I certainly recommend them. They are beautiful, silky and look and feel as if you paid a lot more for them, though they are not cheap, even at Amazon. They're not a super sexy nightgown, but not a granny gown either. They come in some pretty colors, too. Totally worth the price and made by a company who clearly cares about their products and customers.
4 people found this helpful
on October 2, 2017
These are the most comfortable nightgowns on the planet to sleep in. Been wearing them for years, however recently the lace around the neckline turned hard and scratchy , almost like it melted in the dryer so better to hang to dry I guess. This never happened to prior ones I got so maybe they changed to a different supplier for the flower detail on neckline.
4 people found this helpful
on February 2, 2016
I bought 3 of these nightgowns because of the great reviews. I am pleased with the nightgowns. They are comfortable and certainly a step up from wearing t-shirts to bed. I am glad I read the reviews saying they ran large and opted for the medium size. Despite my currently larger than I'd like proportions (5'3", 150 lbs.), I might have even been more comfortable in a size small. These do run large. I would rather have enough room as opposed to not enough. I am quite happy with them, but if I manage to get down to a better size for my frame, I would definately order a size small or even x-small if they make it.
11 people found this helpful
on July 6, 2017
I bought this sleepwear to replace one of two I have had for years and love. However, the applique trim on the front of the one I just bought is stiff and scratchy, even after washing it. It is so scratchy, that it wants to "pick" the rest of the smooth fabric. Why would Vanity Fair change the material used on the applique to something that isn't soft like the rest of the gown? I'd return/replace the gown, but what's the point if all the new appliques are stiff and scratchy?
on October 8, 2015
This is my second Vanity Fair gown like this. The first I purchased in navy blue perhaps 20 years ago. It's still in very good shape, but I wanted another one in black. I find that these fit on the loose side, as a gown should, and when I hold the two gowns up together, they are identical (even the embroidery), except for the color. I would definitely buy these over and over -- but they don't wear out!

30 minutes later -- So here's something interesting ... When I saved this review, I noticed that it was for the "large" size gown. My order was actually fulfilled with a size "medium" which is also the size I received from Amazon. I ordered the large, thinking that after 20 years I should probably go up a size, but the medium that was delivered is perfect. (How did they know?) ha-ha
One person found this helpful
on October 28, 2017
I like the fabric and the color, but the embellishment is so stiff and scratchy I finally put this gown in the "give away box".
on September 27, 2017
I'm not sure if this is a knock off or if Vanity Faire's quality isn't what it use to be. I've been buying these nightgowns for over 20 years and have never been unhappy until this purchase. The flower appliqué was so scratchy that I finally removed it with a seam ripper (which wasn't easy).
review image
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.