BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 25, 2013
I ordered this watch on a whim. Surely it would be "cheap" and very likely "junk" given its inexpensive price. The watch arrived in a bubble wrap sleeve, no directions so I was even more skeptical about what I was about to unwrap. Surprisingly the watch is quite nice. It looks as it does in the picture. Very handsome and nice to look at. It is quite novel. It's a bit chunky but not overly so. The crown is a little difficult to pop out to the set position since it sits somewhat recessed between the front and back rings of the watch. The self wind mechanism appears to work well though it doesn't keep the most accurate time (I didn't expect it to, not because it is a mechanical movement but because of its cost). It is supposed to be water resistant but I would not want to test that out. Usually I wear a watch that I never take off to shower or swim. I will not do that with this watch. I think it will be just fine to wear as a dress watch and conversation piece. I think if you buy it with that in mind you will be very happy with it. If you are looking for a reliable timepiece look elsewhere.
Others have commented on the cheapness of the watch band. It's not that bad. It's not high quality but my gosh a replacement band would cost more than I paid for the watch. When I purchased this watch I bought it's companion one that is silver. Two watches for under $30 is not bad. You get what you pay for in terms of the mechanics but the look is worth alot more.
on January 31, 2014
now for the hard part for most listen carefully when these watches are assembled they have a vacuum pulled on the mech inside the watch you need to remove the back for the watch and flick a small brass wheel to get the watch working if you wound it up and found out its not functional there are four jewelers screws on the back that you just undo remove the back flick the wheel and the watch will start moving because its a new watch and hasn't been running yet you have to do this...
on July 23, 2013
This is an excellent watch, considering the inexpensive price range. I've found that many people have complemented me whenever I wear it. And because it is an unrecognized label, only a true collector would be able to tell that it is not an expensive watch. I've found that it keeps time very accurately (if you remember to give it a few winds at night) and that the self winding feature works perfectly while you move about the day. All in all, this is a great and very stylish time keeping device.
on December 27, 2013
Shipping: Have to admit that it took a while in fact it took about half a month or so, but free shipping with a quick time is something most take for granted It was not ideal but I can't complain.

Packaging: This was less than appropriate in my opinion. The watch was lightly wrapped with bubble wrap which was inside a bubble envelopes. All I have to say is a box of some sort would have been nice.

Condition: Nothing visibly wrong here.

The Product: I'll give it to you straight the watch stands just about 0.5" off of the wrist. If you have a wrist smaller than 7" the band will be too big. My wrist if fractionally larger than 7" so it's a little loose but not bad. The watch needs to be wound often even when fully wound it can not go longer than 2 days.

Opinion: Looks beautiful I love the second had that seems to almost glide around. It's a bit taller than I like but is not horrible and I do enjoy the almost steam punky look. The strap is nice but the adjustable band for securing the end is pretty cheap. I've only had it a few days so I will up date after a bit of time has passed.

((Update 1: the bands for securing the strap both broke within 3 days))

((Update 2: Bought a $14 strap from wal-e-world and I'm back to loving this watch. It takes a 20mm strap and I suggest investing in a different one right away.))
on January 8, 2014
First, this comes directly from Shanghai, China so don't expect it to get to you quickly. Secondly, it comes in an unmarked box, in some bubble wrap & minimal removable plastic to protect some of the finish on the watch band, but not the watch face, which I thought was weird. I've been wearing this watch for a grand total of 3-days. The first day I received it, I wound it (about 15-20 rotations) and it worked great for the first 24-hrs, in fact it was still running and keeping time the next morning. That's about all the positive I have to say about this item. Day-2, after winding it seemed to run for several hours then stop for no reason. Being see-through it's easy to tell if the internals are functioning correctly. After reading reviews I was trying to be careful not to over-wind the watch, but it only seemed to work properly if I took the watch off, and laid it flat on my desk, and it did run fine for several more hours. Thinking it just needed to run I'd put it back on, and it would stop again in 10-min or less. Day-3, problems persist, now I can't get it to run at all no mater what I do. THIS IS A SHOW PIECE ONLY, DO NOT BUY THIS WATCH IF YOU WANT SOMETHING THAT WORKS LONG-TERM. You've been warned... it does look nice, remember that's what you're buying it for if you do, otherwise you'll be dissapointed.
on June 1, 2017
This watch looks much better in photos than it does in person. I have small wrists and it still looks small comparatively. The leather fell apart within a month or so with only occasional use. It actually doesn't stay ticking for long either, I found myself fixing it several times throughout the day. I give it three stars because I did get compliments when it was new and it wasn't expensive at all so it rings true that you get what you pay for.
on February 6, 2014
I was looking for an elegant and interesting dress watch, but didn't want to pay a fortune for it. This watch definitely fits the bill, and then some. It is really beautiful, well beyond the price. It is fascinating to observe the mechanism at work, although it will take getting used to having to wind it every day. It seems to run a little fast, but that is not a big deal to me; it's fine for the 8-10 hours a day that I wear it. The use of IIII instead of IV on the dial is an amusing quirk, and a good story. I have read that it is not very water-resistant, which I can believe given the two large crystal surfaces required of a skeleton watch, and I don't intend to test it out, but I would take off ANY watch in the shower or for swimming anyway. The only think I would knock slightly is the leather band, which looks OK and is adequate if not elegant. But given the cost of the watch, I could replace it with a high quality band and still be way ahead. I'm very happy with this purchase.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2017
As advertised! Great when you normal watch batter runs out and you don't have a replacement.
on January 13, 2014
I ask people how much they think I spent on this. The range was from $75 to $400. I like it a lot. I have always loved skeleton watches. Mine looks a little diff from the pic. The knob is silver color and also the inside numbers and shell are gold instead of silver (it looks even better this way).

I would say that this watch is very accurate in time. I set it once and haven't needed to adjust it yet and it is still in range of the proper time. I set it by my phone time and they always match.

I love it.

As stated though, the band is a little flimsy. The movable leather loop already broke so now the band is held by the main loop instead of having the movable one. (I hope I'm making sense...lol)

But, I was prepared to buy it not for the band but, for the watch so it's still 5 stars to me.
on February 24, 2014
First of all you have to understand what you are getting into. The watch is very light and should not be worn every day if you use your arms a lot. Sitting and typing, this piece will do fine. I get a several compliments a day on the skeleton make up of the watch. It doesn't look gold at all. It doesn't feel heavy on the arm in any way. The watch face is a good size. The watch stands out. The band feels cheap but has not given me any issues yet. The watch will require winding and setting every time you decide to wear it but will last through the day with out a doubt. l love it. I collect watches and this was a gag gift but I still wear it to church or work when I feel the need for some compliments. This would make a great gift for a young watch collector just starting out.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question