Vantrue OnDash R2 2K Ultra HD 2.7-Inch LCD Dashboard Camera
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Order it now.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- The Wirecutter's Pick. Built on Ambarella A7L50 processor + OV4689 color CMOS sensor, the Vantrue R2 dash cam captures 2K (2560*1080P & 2304*1296P at 30fps) HD video and outstanding night vision, plus WDR greatly enhancing the image quality. Enjoy the clearer footage to every detail!
- 170-Deg. viewing angle presents a wide field of view and splendor scenario. The F2.0 Six Layer Optical Glass Lens, dust and heat proof, helps capture high quality images even in bad driving environment.
- Auto starting record after powered provides a convenient use; seamless loop recording plus the G-sensor detecting any impact and auto locking the important video segments, you will never miss an important moment.
- One press to switch the camera to Parking Mode, triggered by the motion detection sensor, the camera will auto record when people or things come closer to your car from 10M / 33FT away in front..
- 2.7" TFT LCD display supports video and image playback, and offers an easy setup convenience. Support a timeout function that turns the display off after the recording begins so you won't be disturbed by another glowing rectangle on your windshield.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Vantrue OnDash R2 2K Ultra HD 2.7-Inch LCD Dashboard Camera
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||PurePowerComputers||Zero Edge Technology, LLC||Maxproductsales (Tax Free Except NJ)||VANTRUE||VANTRUE||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||1.26 x 4.33 x 1.97 in||1.57 x 3.54 x 2.17 in||1.26 x 4.33 x 1.97 in||1.42 x 7.87 x 1.42 in||1.54 x 3.94 x 1.65 in||2.17 x 4.1 x 1.14 in|
Kind Reminder: The camera might not work well with Sandisk Ultra card, because the Sandisk Ultra cards are specially designed for 1080P video recording.
Vantrue OnDash R2 2K HD Dash Cam
Seeing is believing.
Vantrue R2 is built on high end Ambarella A7 processor, features higher stability on seamless recording. The OV4689 Color CMOS image sensor captures video in 2K.
After repeatedly experiments and debugging, the Vantrue R2 has been accomplished with much more lifelike image system, and presents image more familiar in everyday life.
The 1080P might not meet your need, now you have the 2304*1296P and 2560*1080P at 30fps with R2, plus the WDR presenting more details from shadows to hightlights in moving, and the 170 viewing angle lens capturing grandeur scenario, this camera will record your driving like a blockbuster. Ready to make a road movie!
Easy parking monitor
When parked the car, one press to switch the R2 to parking mode,it will auto record when people or things come closer to your car. After used it once, it will auto switch to the mode once it detects no movement in front of the car in 5 mins.
* The 2K resolution clearly shows license plates and road signs.
* The G-Sensor auto locks videos with impact detected. Support manually locking videos with emergency button.
* Seamless loop recording enables it to overwrite the oldest footage with the newest upon filling a card to capacity.
Easy to use
* Auto power on and record while car engine started.
* Simply stamp Date, Time and License ID on the footage.
* Quick snapshot in 16M pixels.
* Simply connect and playback the video on TV or PC.
* 100% satisfaction guarantee & 18 months warranty.
Top customer reviews
I had researched for a couple weeks now on what seems like a never ending list of dash cams but what convinced me is the reviews on this site and the reviews of the supplier. FYI, I had a problem viewing the video on my computer so I emailed Vantrue Support Saturday afternoon around 6 pm on Thanksgiving weekend and someone named Joe had responded in less than a hour, now this is what I call good support. Please do read all other reviews.
I was going to buy the Cobra CDR 855 BT because of the American supplier without having to go to China but after reading about the good reviews on Vantrue and in stock and dealing directly with Amazon I went with them. So far, very happy.
This dash cam has every feature I needed especially the Parking mode and it can be rotated 360 deg. to keep an eye on my service van loaded with many $$$ of personal tools, I'm hoping it will let me sleep better an night with it parked in my driveway.
After using for a few weeks now I would like to say, everything works perfectly except for one minor problem. The motion sensor used in Parking mode is FAR too sensitive, wish it could be adjusted, maybe the manufacturer could look into this for future updates. So, the only two items I would personally like to see is a lens filter and an adjustable motion sensor. I've been told the GPS module is on it's way to market.
Update #2 2/13/16
A word of caution, the mount has a wire inside to allow the camera to rotate all the way around, which is great for me because I use it every night to monitor the inside of my van filled with expensive tools. Well, being the non thinker I am I wasn't paying attention to the direction I was rotating it back and forth and ended up pulling the wire loose.
On the plus side, I have never seen such a good and quick response from a supplier. When I emailed Joe about buying another mount he responded within an hour or so saying he would send me another mount free even though I broke it. This is what I call great customer service.
I finally had a problem. The battery died but it kept working just fine until I realized that it was not saving the last recording when turned off or the video was corrupt in there was no data recorded. Sent an email to Vantrue and after trying a couple things they suggested it still didn't work so they asked that I send it back and notify them of the tracking number which I did on Saturday 11/19/16. Two days later on Monday at noon I received the new camera by USPS.
This is unheard of customer care. I am going to buy the X2 in a few days and see how this one works.
► VIDEO / AUDIO QUALITY
This camera has a whopping 170° wide angle lens with an f2.0 aperture, and it does an awesome job at capturing your driving footages. The maximum resolution on this is 2560X1080@30 & 2304X1296@30 (latter being my favourite), with options of capturing HDR video in 1920X1080@30. In daylight, the number plates of the vehicles in front of you, the ones on the adjacent lanes and sometimes even those parked by the side of the road are captured with ease. The night time footages are excellent as well, with the f2.0 lens doing a great job in capturing the vehicles around you pretty clearly. The stability of the videos are good as well, and I didn't have any trouble with shaky footages. The included windshield mount does a great job in grabbing onto the camera firmly.
Talking about the mount, one great thing to note here is that the windshield mount has a swivel facility available, which allows the camera to be turned around to you, if you want to capture the footage inside the car, or even further turned towards the window, if you wish to tape the conversation with someone standing beside the car. I think its worth mentioning here, because I often see this feature being asked for in dash cam forums and even in amazon Q&As.
This one has a great mic too. The cabin noise and conversations came out pretty clearly in the footage, as you could make out in the video that I uploaded. You might want to turn it off in the settings like I mentioned below, if you are not comfortable with that.
► MENU / CONTROLS
You can find a great degree of camera controls on the menus, which helps customise various aspects of the camera even up to the granular level, like:
- Video Resolution -
2560X1080@30, 2304X1296@30, 1920X1080@30 (With & Without HDR), 1280X720@60, 1280X720@30
- Video Quality - Super Fine / Fine / Normal
- GPS Setup - On / Off
- GPS Time Calibration - On / Off
- Display Screen Off Delay - 30s / 60s / 3 min / Off
- Parking Monitor Mode On / Off
- Loop Video Recording (1 / 3 / 5 Min, Off)
- WDR - On / Off
- G-Sensor Sensitivity (Low / Medium / High / Off)
☛ ☛ ☛ Note : Depending on the settings above, all the footages wherein a jerk is detected, gets locked and moved to a folder by the name "Event". These files won't be overwritten during the loop recording process. All other footages gets written to a folder named "Normal".
- Stamp Settings - Provision to have Date/Time, Speed, GPS Coordinates, Car Number, Logo etc on the stamp.
- Delayed Power Off (10s / 20s / 30s / Off)
- Adjust the Volume of (or Disable) the Menu Beep Sound
- Flicker Frequency - Auto / 50hz / 60z
- Mute Microphone
- Also settings for Contrast, Sharpness, White Balance, Exposure Value (EV) etc are also available in the menu...
👍 👍 👍 I would definitely recommend this dashcam to any one out there looking for one. 👍 👍 👍
- Great video resolution.
- Excellent low light recording; dusk for this camera is brighter than my eyes see it. Good nighttime recording.
- Compact profile with decent screen area; good enough to review video on the spot if necessary.
- The event capture feature makes saving and locking interesting clips easy.
- Power cable runs to the suction mount and not the camera, which makes removing the camera easier, and allows for a cleaner installation; the mount staying in place on the windshield and the camera detaches from it.
- The video buffer is short -- between 0-3 seconds -- so when the even button is pressed, the 30 second event file that is saved may start during or after the event occurred. This is a big deal because it both makes editing difficult and may mean the first half of the interesting thing you wanted to capture will be overwritten once the card is full.
- The ball pivot on the suction mount does not fixture the camera strong enough. A collision or washboard road will allow the camera to change origination. Likewise, pushing the event button will easily knock the camera out of alignment.
- Occasional random camera restarts. These occur 1-2 times per month.
- The black anodized finish has faded to a bright root beer brown in the UV light. The camera can now been seen from 30+ feet away and it is no longer discretely hidden in front of the rear view mirror.
Overall, it is a good video recorder and I have caught some impressive events with it, but it does have some significant flaws that inhibit it from being a great dash cam.
Most recent customer reviews
Searched the files available in the SD and they were really old meaning it has not been recording anything...Read more