- Series: Analog Circuits and Signal Processing
- Paperback: 305 pages
- Publisher: Springer; 2009 edition (December 6, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9400726082
- ISBN-13: 978-9400726086
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 0.7 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Variation-Aware Analog Structural Synthesis: A Computational Intelligence Approach (Analog Circuits and Signal Processing) 2009th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
From the reviews:“This book is squarely aimed at analog circuit designers who are searching for new approaches to analog structural design and optimization. … Those most likely to benefit from this book … are experts in the field of industrial circuit design seeking insight into new design tools. … for the non-expert, with only a cursory understanding of the background material, the processes and results described in this book are an inspiring example of real-world applications of evolutionary design.” (John Rieffel, Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines, Vol. 12, 2011)
From the Back Cover
Variation-Aware Analog Structural Synthesis describes computational intelligence-based tools for robust design of analog circuits. It starts with global variation-aware sizing and knowledge extraction, and progressively extends to variation-aware topology design. The computational intelligence techniques developed in this book generalize beyond analog CAD, to domains such as robotics, financial engineering, automotive design, and more.
The tools are for:
- Globally-reliable variation-aware automated sizing via SANGRIA, leveraging structural homotopy and response surface modeling.
- Template-free symbolic models via CAFFEINE canonical form functions, for greater insight into the relationship between design/process variables and circuit performance/robustness.
- Topology selection and topology synthesis via MOJITO. 30 well-known analog building blocks are hierarchically combined, leading to >100,000 different possible topologies which are all trustworthy by construction. MOJITO does multi-objective genetic programming-based search across these topologies with SPICE accuracy, to return a set of sized topologies on the optimal performance/yield tradeoff curve.
- Nonlinear sensitivity analysis, topology decision trees, and analytical tradeoffs. With a data-mining perspective on Pareto-optimal topologies, this book shows how to do global nonlinear sensitivity analysis on topology and sizing variables, automatically extract a specs-to-topology decision tree, and determine analytical expressions of performance tradeoffs.
- Novel topology design. The MOJITO-N and ISCLEs tools generate novel yet trustworthy topologies; including boosting digitally-sized circuits for analog functionality.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|