Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "PANASONIC LUMIX ZS50 Camera, 30X LEICA DC Vario-EL..." and save 63% off the $399.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Asurion Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Cover drops, spills, cracked screens along with electrical and mechanical issues
- Accidents happen - Be Prepared - Your coverage starts immediately
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
PANASONIC LUMIX ZS50 Camera, 30X LEICA DC Vario-ELMAR Lens, 12.1 Megapixels, High Sensitivity Sensor, Eye Viewfinder, DMC-ZS50S (USA SILVER)
|Price:||$279.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- LUMIX 30X Travel Zoom Camera with Eye Viewfinder
- Enhanced low-light sensitivity for improved sharpness even without a flash
- Built-in eye viewfinder eliminates outdoor glare on sunny days
- Focal Length (28 - 840mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9 video recording / Level Shot function Off)
- Focal Length (30 - 900mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9 video recording / Level Shot function On)
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Get closer with the 30x Zoom LEICA Lens
Bring every subject in closer and more clearly with the Leica 24mm DC Vario-Elmar lens and durable 30x optical zoom.
Stunning in Low Light—High Sensitivity MOS Sensor
Even in low-light environments, you can capture more detail and less image noise with the new, larger pixel-size High Sensitivity MOS sensor and Venus Engine image processor. And enjoy stunning photos and videos.
See Clearer With The Live View Finder
Wherever your travels take you, the precision Live View Finder helps get the shot. Perfect for image framing when light conditions make using the LED screen difficult, the eye sensor automatically detects viewing preference and switches to the LVF. Its high 1.166k-dot resolution, with approximately 100% color reproduction, delivers stable framing and superb visibility, in any light condition.
Be In Control — Control Ring
The lens-mounted Control Ring provides easier manual control for exposure, zoom and focus, leaving you free to concentrate on shutter operation. Intuitive design, precise focusing and smooth, silent operation gives you total control of every photo and video you create.
Experience The Action — High Speed Response
No matter how fast your subject moves, the ZS50 shoots just as fast with Light Speed Auto Focus and 10fps High Speed Burst Shooting for perfectly focused images every time.
High Speed Video
Record with 100fps in HD resolution and 200fps in VGA. With high-speed video you can and record any fast-moving action, and enjoy later in crystal-clear slow motion.
Precision Is Key—Manual Focus Peaking
Compose the perfect shot with precision. The manual control ring enables smooth operation of the Focus Peaking function. And the large LCD displays the area of focus and depth of field to let you concentrate on composition.
RAW Format Recording
Shoot in RAW format to capture greater detail. Your image data retains the original color and light information captured by camera''s sensor, with only minimal processing. And you can directly edit high-quality images for amazing results.
Reveal More Details with Macro Shots
Clearly capture even the most intricate details in any subject with up-close 3cm macro shooting.
Showtime in Full HD
Record Full HD videos in AVCHD or MP4 format. And enjoy smooth, colorful, high- resolution playback on your PC or wide- screen TV.
Keep it Steady with HYBRID O.I.S.
HYBRID O.I.S.+ minimizes blur and ensures level images. The 5-axis Optical Image Stabilizer automatically detects and compensates for blurring, based on the camera’s five types of movement. When shooting, Level Shot senses and corrects the horizontal line of recording, even when the camera is tilted. The result is clear, perfectly leveled photos and video.
Position the camera to record the natural drama of a rising sun, setting moon or flowers coming into bloom. Simply set the start time, shooting interval and the number of images needed. The camera takes care of the rest automatically, in Full HD quality.
Compare with similar items
Panasonic Lumix ZS50 Camera, Black
PANASONIC LUMIX DC-ZS70S, 20.3 Megapixel, 4K Digital Camera, Touch Enabled 3-inch 180 Degree Flip-front Display, 30X LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR Lens, WiFi (Silver)
PANASONIC LUMIX 4K Point and Shoot Camera, 30X LEICA DC Vario-ELMAR Lens F3.3-6.4, 18 Megapixels, High Sensitivity Sensor, DMC-ZS60K (BLACK)
Panasonic DMC-ZS40S Digital Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD (Silver)
PANASONIC LUMIX ZS100 4K Point and Shoot Camera, 10X LEICA DC Vario-ELMARIT F2.8-5.9 Lens with Hybrid O.I.S., 20.1 Megapixels, 1 Inch High Sensitivity Sensor, 3 Inch LCD, DMC-ZS100K (USA BLACK)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||DIRECTDEALS4LESS||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Focus Camera- Same Day Shipping||6ave||Amazon.com|
|Screen Size||3 in||3 in||3 in||3 in||3 in||3 in|
|Item Dimensions||1.34 x 4.37 x 2.56 in||5.31 x 5.35 x 2.09 in||4.4 x 1.62 x 2.64 in||4.4 x 1.5 x 2.5 in||1.34 x 4.37 x 2.52 in||4.4 x 1.7 x 2.5 in|
|Item Weight||0.54 lb||0.54 lb||0.71 lb||0.62 lb||0.53 lb||0.69 lb|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||12 megapixels||12.1 megapixels||20.3 megapixels||18 megapixels||18.1 megapixels||20 megapixels|
|Video Capture Resolution||1920 x 1080 (60p/60i/30p), 1280 x 720 (60p/30p), 640 x 480 (30p)||60p||4k||3840 x 2160 pixels (30p)||1920 x 1080 (60p/60i/30p), 1280 x 720 (60p/30p), 640 x 480 (30p)||4k|
|Viewfinder||LCD||electronic viewfinder||electronic viewfinder||electronic viewfinder||LCD||electronic viewfinder|
LUMIX 30X Travel Zoom Camera with Eye Viewfinder
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Besides the very manageable size, my favorite part of the camera is the zoom--on safari in Africa, I was able to clearly capture animals that those with much more bulky and expensive cameras were not able to capture so well. My one gripe, and I was expecting this with a small-lensed camera, is that it struggles in night-time conditions, although it did well at dusk and dawn.
Please see my photos for examples of what this camera can do.
I discovered a very dangerous flaw while on vacation in Playa Del Carmen. We were visiting the Mayan ruins driving in an air-condition car from site to site. Each time I got out of the car the camera would fog up from the humidity. After a few days of this the camera locked up with the lens out. I tried removing the battery to reset the camera but nothing worked.
I sent the camera to Panasonic warranty repair ":Panacare" in Texas. They said it was not covered under warranty due to water damage, even after I explained how it happened. This camera never touched water. Do not use this camera in a humid environment and go from cold air conditioned to hot and humid outside. Water will build up on the internals and it will not be covered under warranty!!
I have the Lumix ZS7 that I really appreciate now that I have used the ZS50. why? Because of the following:
- The ZS50 has its flash right above where you grip the camera so your fingers more often then not will be blocking the flash. Its fine if you always use two hands to grip this small camera so you can drop your right hand out of the way of the flash, but there are many situations where I hold it with one hand and those are the ones where your fingers will keep blocking the flash (see first 3 photos). And whenever I handed the camera to a stranger to take our picture, they always blocked the flash, even when I warned them about it. The ZS7 has the flash skewed toward the center of the body, away from where you are gripping the camera, where this is never an issue.
- Bigger screen? Its not all used for some strange reason. Actually has a bigger screen but small image than the PS7 (see last photo)
- The control knob that rotates between all the shooting functions is printed with a dull ink against a flat background providing very low contrast which makes it very difficult to read in low light situations. The ZS7 had black lettering against a shiny silver background making it easy to read in low light. (see 4th photo...looks ok here in bright light but cant read in dim light)
- When the camera is first turned on, the lens extends out 3 times as far from the body as the ZS7 (see 4th & 5th photos for min and max extensions). And this is in the wide angle position!! (ie it extends out even farther when zooming in on a subject). This 4th image is as far in as it will contract when turned on for pics or video
-The body has a textured plastic surface which I personally dont like as it feels cheap compared to the solid, smooth gloss surface of the PS7.
- One of the most annoying things was its inability to focus on subjects when shooting video in what equated to bright dusk lighting (ie 1/2 hour after sunset). I would repeatedly try to zoom in on a subject maybe 50 away but the camera kept searching for its focus point. It focused if I zoomed all the way out but when I zoomed in, it lost its focus again. Isnt this supposed to be great in low light?!? This happened about 5-6 times on various days/situations. Never had this issue with the ZS7. There is no excuse for this.
- Another deal killer for me is that when shooting video, its nearly impossible to zoom in or out at a slow rate, no matter how light one feathered the control. It flies in out out with the slightest touch. When shooting video, in most situations you want to pan slowly, which is controlled by your body, but also to zoom in and out slowly, which was impossible. When played back on a big screen, the excessively fast zooming is very annoying.
Summary deal killers for me were
- fingers constantly in front of the flash.
- difficulty in reading control knob in low light
- problem focusing
- inability to zoom and out slowly
- Smaller image on screen
- Cheap feel of the body
- Excessive extension of lens from body
While these may not bother a novice photographer, I'm looking for a pocket size camera with better design and functionality to back up my professional SLRs...like my PS7 with a bigger sensor!
Panasonic response: "10-25 unit powers on- spot on pics- lens has excessive dust- set as abused- uploaded pic to SB- unable to completely clean dust off- needs lens unit- email sent out—vs"
They had never sent me an email. Total estimate of repair $225.01. Of course I did not abuse the camera. I own two Canon PowerShot cameras and a Panasonic Lumix TZ3 and they are all over 7 years old and none of them have dust in the lenses. I am really disappointed in Panasonic. I was hoping they would stand behind their products. They are shipping out products that are defective and allow excessive dust to get into the lens, yet they refuse to acknowledge and fix the problem.
Some reviews said the lettering on the selection dial wore off, so I applied clear nail polish to the dial before using and will reapply periodically. Image quality is equal to my much larger and more expensive zoom camera, Canon SX50.
Camera preference is subjective, but one magazine rated it the #1 pick even against more expensive cameras I'd been considering, including more expensive Lumix models. So glad I bought this.