Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 13, 2011
I do not recommend purchasing this item as the performance is unreliable as is the customer service and warranty.

This item was purchased three times from Amazon. We were using it to display a computer monitor on a wall mount television for our monthly training class. The first unit worked properly for two months and met our expectations. It then had problems with the display resolutions and the settings function became unresponsive.

In contacting customer service we discovered that the company is UK based and they provide customer support based on their business hours which are not necessarily convenient for US customers. After email correspondence with Veebeam we then discovered that they do not honor their printed 1-year warranty.

I was told that I must return the item through Amazon and repurchase it. Amazon was kind enough to issue a return even though the unit was outside their return window.

We then received our replacement unit which had the same problem with the firmware being corrupted which Veebeam said must have happened in shipping. I again scheduled an Amazon return (Thank you, Amazon, for your excellent customer service.)

When I received the third unit which again had corrupted firmware out of the box I was told by Veebeam that my environment was somehow corrupting the firmware and there was nothing that the company could do.

Per Veebeam -
"Since Veebeam is fulfilled by Amazon, and we have no US office (we are only based in the UK), Amazon operate our returns/warranty policy which is a 30 day returns policy and a 1 year warranty period."

Amazon indicated that there is no warranty or anything beyond the regular return policy for this item.

Per Veebeam -
Online Chat is "available Monday to Friday, 4am to 12 noon, Eastern Time."

Despite trying on various days and times I have always received the message that a support representative is not available.
44 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 25, 2013
After coercing the device to finally work (it wouldn't display the desktop, turns out I had to make an exception to my firewall), I instantly noticed that there was at least a 2 whole second lag from what's showing up on my laptop screen, to what's showing up on my TV. I figured this is because 1080p video is a lot of data to stream over a wireless connection, but this is a fatal flaw for someone planning on using this to actually surf the web or play games. But I was planning on only watching movies on the Internet, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

So after watching a movie, I noticed how straight AWFUL the sound was. I tried messing with the settings on my laptop, the TV screen, and attempted to with the veebeam (there were no sound settings). The best way I can describe it is that it sounds overly compressed, as if I was watching a movie on the TV instead of off a DVD. I plugged my laptop straight into the TV through an HDMI cable, and I was right - it sounded miles better. So whatever they're doing in terms of compressing audio, it sounds horrible.

I'm returning this because I can't deal with the audio problems.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 25, 2014
I got this so my girlfriend could watch PBS programs on her TV on her schedule. I found an inexpensive USB amplified extension cable for less than $20 to go with this (her TV is about 35 feet from the computer and the antenna would have been behind the sofa). When she used it she enjoyed it. I had to set it up for her and she had some problems with setting the TV to the correct input but those can't be blamed on the Veebeam. The picture and sound is spot on - every bit as good as a TV broadcast between HD and SD. Easy one HDMI connection to the TV. The cradle for the USB receiver is wonderful - it fits right in the receiver so the kids can't lose it. Requires a little bit of techie (or a 9 year old child) to set it up but overall this has been much enjoyed!
on June 20, 2015
Don't waste you time, you'll spend more time trying to keep it connected than using it. The Player constantly looses connection to the usb receiver, that is when you can get it started at all.

I've been waiting, and hoping they would update their drivers and update the player but no luck, looks like they have moved on to other products.

I have been using different devices to stream with and the best one is a good old long cable. And if wondering the usb receiver (actually the transmitter) is less than 15 feet, line of site of the receiver. With any luck windows will keep the driver for the usb transmitter operating bu the player software won't see it or it will lose it. Tried different usb cables, everything I can think of I just can't keep the thing working.
on April 10, 2013
Despite the bad reviews I took a chance, didn't roll the dice very good with this one. I ordered this for the VP of the company I work for and he wanted his computer up on his t.v. Exact measurement from t.v. to computer that is mounted on the wall was 15.6" and a direct line of site. Connection was able to make the connection but not hold it, so would black screen in and out. He also has a little bit older computer so no HDMI plug in, hence the USB on this one is another reason why i chose it. To make a long story short, I ordered Nyrius ARIES Pro Digital Wireless HDMI Transmitter and Receiver System for Laptops, HD 1080p 3D Video (NPCS550), a USB 2.0 HDMI to USB adapter and BOOM! A little more pricey but should of went with my first instinct right away. Overall after working with this one and the Nyrius Aries, its a night and day difference and no comparison
on January 6, 2012
I must admit I was deeply suspicious about this device, mainly because of the numerous negative reviews on this site. However, it arrived safely and, from unpacking to having it installed and operational it took about 5 minutes. It showed the laptop screen on my new LG TV and it played movies or TV programs: whatever was on the laptop. Initially, I connected it directly to my TV via an HDMI connector. All was as expected. I then connected it directly to my tuner/receiver, again via HDMI, and got the result I had hoped for. Doing it this way enables me to have the full surround sound rather than simply the simulated effect from the TV. When I use it now, I keep the TV sound muted otherwise there is an echo effect. Those who have written about the lack of synchronization are absolutely correct. I don't use a laptop if I have something I want to view on TV. I am actually using my wife's MacBook Air, which I have not upgraded to Lion yet. I can't use my own machine, because it is using Lion. Yes, I know I can create a partition and re-install Snow Leopard but that seems like a really poor solution. I hope Veebeam will sort out the problems with their software and make this device compatible with Lion. This is my only rather minor criticism. Otherwise, I'm really pleased with my purchase.
on March 12, 2013
Cons: 1st, you will not be able to stream 1080p, it struggles with 720p already.

Also the software for the product is appaling. I've had this product for 2 years, and the software has gotten WORSE not better. The updates happen very infrequently, and overall the performance is just awful.

To top it all off, contacting customer service is a complete waste of time, they will not even respond to you.

Pros: It does work well for just streaming audio, so if you want to listen to youtube on your tv while doing work, it does this reasonably well.

Overall, don't buy this product.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 22, 2014
This is a good product that does what it advertises. We use it in my office for presentations from our laptops to a large screen TV. It is easy to setup and use. The response is not instant, there is a very slight lag when dragging the mouse but for presentations it is fine. I would not game with this. It doesn't get 5 stars due to the fact that every so often, maybe once every 2 months it won't connect to the TV and I have to reboot the device and the laptop and try to connect again. I may have to do this several times before I get it connected. But this device is used daily and I only encounter this issue rarely.
on October 29, 2011
The range on this is so limited you can accomplish the same thing with a 6 ft two dollar cable. People are saying that this has a 10 to 20 foot range but I couldn't get a stable signal at 6 ft. By stable I mean a signal that wasn't cutting in and out every few seconds. Also the Veebeam Media Player was useless even after the Coded download it recognized nothing. I played some movies using VLC and MAC DVD Player but the movies on and they were not close to the HD quality they advertised and they only player for a few seconds before the signal was lost. If you need to be within 5 feet to get a signal just get a cable and connect your PC to the TV set whenever you want to watch a movie.
on September 9, 2011
I have both PCs and MACs. The VeeBeam HD Wireless I ordered arrived on time and with all I needed to connect it and use it. The only complaint I have is that my IMAC I7 was running LION the latest OS from Apple which is NOT supported yet. VeeBean has placed a note on their site stating that they are working on a fix. The product worked as stated on my MAC Book Pro and my HP Desktop. It is fairly easy to install and does exactly what I needed it to do. Allow me to sent video & sound from my PC or MAC to my TV. The product work well for the price.

O Hawkins
GA
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.