Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 589 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 617 reviews
on June 9, 2012
I hiked in Alaska for a few weeks last year and this was perfect for keeping my nose and ears from freezing of of my face. The only problem is that when I don this balaclava people often mistake me for a ninja. Not really a big deal. I just explain to them that if I really was a ninja they would have never seen me coming.
55 comments| 193 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2013
Thinking it would be a great product for the price. You get what you pay for the seam runs directly up the middle of the face and is very bothersome. Constant readjusting to get it to remain comfortable while wearing it. All in all a product that is actually only worth a few dollars. I would not purchase it again. Spend more money for a quality product.
on December 17, 2015
I was very disappointed with the item I received, the image looks like a very comfortable winter weather item, however when I received it, I found that it was about as thin as nylon, and fits so tight around your face that it hinders your ability to breathe. The vision window is also cut in such a way that it does not fit well on the face and the lower seam sits across your eyes obscuring vision and also poking into your eyes if the material shifts at all. In order to keep it from sitting in your eyes, you have to wear it below your nose. Even just barely on the tip of the nose the material sits in your eyes. Maybe I had a bad item, but I returned it for a refund and do not intend to buy it again.
on January 15, 2012
I needed a combo head cover, to keep my inside of my motor cycle helmet clean after work,
and have a neck and face cover. This works well in mild weather, not for deep deep cold stuff.
Its $5, so no duh, right ? Its thin, is a good under cover or just addition to your layers.
I usually snow ski without any kind of scarf, face mask, or balaclava, as i get to warm.
This would be a good choice when you just dont know if its going to be an ice blast on the
mountain, or warm n toasty. I bought 2, this cheap, its a no brainer. will fit most, its quite stretchy.
Wouldnt use this as a liner for a hard hat ( too lightweight ).
on March 16, 2015
At first I thought, I'm going to look like a terrorist, if I wear this! (I'm a middle aged woman. LOL) But in this crazy and outrageous winter weather we've been having in the North East (USA), I decided if I'm going to be shoveling/snow blowing every other day, I need to be warm. I tried this, without the warm insert (had to wait for the insert, they were out of stock) and during the Blizzard of 2015 (Boston). I wore with my nice new trapper hat and I thought it was great! Both, kept the wind from freezing my face when it blew the snow back at me. I love that it is washable, tho you will 'remove the flame retardant' if you do. I'm not wearing it for a fire,...so no worries. I also bought a pair of ski goggles (supposedly "anti fog" but that was not quite true). They helped keep the snow out of my eyes as I was snow blowing, into the wind!
on January 18, 2016
I read reviews from other people saying the fit was fine, but the one I received would more appropriately fit a child no older than 10. I am an adult female with a normal sized noggin. I had my 15 year old daughter try it on as well, the part over the eyes came to halfway on her head too. I jokingly told her I would be better off trying to ski with my Deadpool mask from Halloween on, then was sad to realize that it was really true. Additionally, the seam on the mouth and nose is extremely uncomfortable and the material is very thin. Not worth the shipping to return. Would not suggest at all. I will have to go to an outdoor outfitter for a good one.
on March 2, 2015
I was really amazed at how warm this kept my face. I went outside several days after I received them to shovel snow. I put these on and it blocked all the wind off my face and kept everything but my nose warm. I could have pulled this over my nose, but it was fogging up my glasses so I didn't! I love this!
on September 16, 2015
Other than the color (black), it is very little like the photo shown on the website. It is very short and will not cover the neck as shown. The material is less than 0.010" thick and it weighs about 22 grams; very lightweight and will not provide anymore than minimal protection from the cold. In fact it is so small that I can easily fold it into a one inch cube. As a prime member I requested and received a refund; Amazon did not want it back.
on August 26, 2014
This balaclava is very thin, wich it's what i was looking for. You get what you paid for so do not expect this to be as good as big brands out there. It does the job, I use it for a Stormtrooper costume and the fact that's thin is a great plus.

All in all its a thin afordable balaclava and nothing else. I repeat do not expect anything else for this price
on September 16, 2012
I bought this to wear under my motorcycle helmet and at the price point I wasn't expecting much. Thats exactly what I got . . . . not much! First off I do have a larger head than normal I guess . . . . . I wear and XXL motorcycle helmet and thats fitted and tight like it should be. When I went to put this thing on I didn't even think it would fit. It did but it was really really tight. Putting my big head aside there is one issue that really bugs me about it. The stitching comes right up the center and right on the section that rests on your lip its got a big stitched section. This section really irritated me while I had it on. You might be able to cut a bit of that out and make it work better but I wont be able to.

Your milage may vary . . . . especially if you have a small head.