|Item Weight||4.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||14.5 x 13.2 x 10.8 inches|
|Item model number||6300-054|
|Manufacturer Part Number||6300-054|
|CAPA Certified||DOT Certified|
|Safety Rating||DOT Certified|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Vega X888 Full Face Helmet (Flat Black, Large)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Wick-dri anti-microbial fabric comfort fit liner cradles the head
- Chin, forehead, mouth and rear vents provide ventilation
- 9 different shield options available; tints, mirrors and anti-fog
- Meets or exceeds US DOT standard FMVSS 218
- All Vega products are backed by our 1 year manufacturer defect warranty, the warranty excludes wear and tear, any end-user modification, improper use or abuse, and/or crash damage
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||CyclingForLess||Spotlight on Parts||rideGDM||Amazon.com|
|Color||Flat Black||Gloss Black||Matte Black||Solid Matte Black||Matte Black||Flat Black|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Vega’s brand new entry level full face helmet the X888. With gloss black, flat black and the red daisho graphic available everyone can find the perfect color. The dual-density EPS foam enhances protection on the US DOT FMVSS 218 certified helmet. You can control the air flow on your helmet by adjusting the mouth and top vents. The cheek and rear exhaust vents help pull the air efficiently through the helmet increasing ventilation. All vents are replaceable and sold separately. A wick-dri anti-microbial fabric comfort fit liner makes this one of the best, most comfortable fitting helmets. Comes standard with a clear outer shield, 9 different tints/mirrors are sold separately. Available sizes on the X888 are X-small, XX-large to guarantee a great fit for everyone. All Vega products are backed by our 1 year manufacturer defect warranty, the warranty excludes wear and tear, any end-user modification, improper use or abuse, and/or crash damage.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Helmet saved my life today. I had a car hit me on my bike. After being catapulted off my bike, I landed Head first on the concrete...Lived to tell about it with just a broken arm. Had I not been wearing a helmet, I very well may have been killed.
Wear your freaking helmets riding! This is a good one and I will buy it again when I'm able to start riding again
Pros - very comfortable. I commute round trip about 2 hours a day, 4 days a week, and I've had this helmet for about a solid month now.
- low wind noise. Comparing this to even the higher end helmets on the market, I was very surprised on how quiet it was. No whistle sounds, very pleased on that part.
- smooth face shield clicks. I like how easy and smooth the face shield clicks up and down. It's very convienient when you're on the go and you need to air out your helmet or to unfog your shield on cold days.
- style. I went with the matte black finish and I gotta say, it looks great and I've gotten several compliments on it. Like Ive mentioned above, I commute fairly long. With all the bugs I get, it's pretty easy to clean with just a wet microfiber towel on the matte finish.
I didn't find too many cons but I've noticed a few.
Cons - like another review stated, the stitching is poor, but it is a 60 dollar helmet. What more can you ask for?
- not bluetooth capable. You can try to mount it in, but it's going to take away the comfort.
- Engineering. So this is the part where "you get what you pay for" applies. When riding at high speeds (about 60-80) you'll get some head drag as oppose to having little to none with a higher end helmet in the price range of 250-600. I ride a sport bike, so when I'm in a tuck I don't feel it as much. I would say the head bobble isn't that bad since I've gotten used to it.
Don't let the cons discourage you from buying this helmet. It's a great starter helmet and for the money, you're not losing out. Hope this helped you guys!
After three weeks of daily riding, in the city, at a max of 35 MPH, I can say that the helmet is holding up decently. There are definitely some pros:
- Full-face! Nobody can see me swearing at them when they cut me off!
- Fairly durable, so far. I've dropped it a few times and it's still going strong.
- Not super difficult to put on.
There are also some cons:
- Noisy. I thought I'd be fine in the city on a little bike, but it does start to get pretty loud around 30 MPH.
- Foggy. No matter what I do (even discovering every vent on the helmet!) I can't seem to shut the visor all the way, because it immediately fogs up.
All told, I'm happy with this helmet, and will likely hang on to it for the next several years. I mainly was looking for safety, and this helmet seems to be doing just fine in that respect (minus the fogging). For the price, it's a good deal and, I believe, a good helmet.
I took a slide on my supersport with this helmet and was very happy to have this purchase save my life. As I rolled approximately 20 feet (crash at 50mph) the helmet did a good job of insulating my head and absorbing the shocks. Luckily I was up with only road rash and no damage to my head. I definitely recommend this helmet as a solid entry level helmet and it also carries the European ECE rating which is a little stricter than DOT.