Vega X888 Full Face Helmet (Flat Black, Medium)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Wick-dri anti-microbial fabric comfor fit liner cradles the head
- Chin, forehead, mouth and rear vents provide ventilation
- 9 different shield options available; tints, mirros and anti-fog
- Meets or exceeds US DOT standard FMVSS 218
- All Vega products are backed by our 1 year manufacturer defect warranty, the warranty excludes wear and tear, any end-user modification, improper use or abuse, and/or crash damage
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Vega’s brand new entry level full face helmet the X888. With gloss black, flat black and the red daisho graphic available everyone can find the perfect color. The dual-density EPS foam enhances protection on the US DOT FMVSS 218 certified helmet. You can control the air flow on your helmet by adjusting the mouth and top vents. The cheek and rear exhaust vents help pull the air efficiently through the helmet increasing ventilation. All vents are replaceable and sold separately. A wick-dri anti-microbial fabric comfort fit liner makes this one of the best, most comfortable fitting helmets. Comes standard with a clear outer shield, 9 different tints/mirrors are sold separately. Available sizes on the X888 are X-small, XX-large to guarantee a great fit for everyone. All Vega products are backed by our 1 year manufacturer defect warranty, the warranty excludes wear and tear, any end-user modification, improper use or abuse, and/or crash damage.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After three weeks of daily riding, in the city, at a max of 35 MPH, I can say that the helmet is holding up decently. There are definitely some pros:
- Full-face! Nobody can see me swearing at them when they cut me off!
- Fairly durable, so far. I've dropped it a few times and it's still going strong.
- Not super difficult to put on.
There are also some cons:
- Noisy. I thought I'd be fine in the city on a little bike, but it does start to get pretty loud around 30 MPH.
- Foggy. No matter what I do (even discovering every vent on the helmet!) I can't seem to shut the visor all the way, because it immediately fogs up.
All told, I'm happy with this helmet, and will likely hang on to it for the next several years. I mainly was looking for safety, and this helmet seems to be doing just fine in that respect (minus the fogging). For the price, it's a good deal and, I believe, a good helmet.
Update: I have now used this helmet while riding and it offered great protection from the wind, bugs, and rocks. The wind vents can be slightly noisy but I was used to it and didn't notice it after a minute or so. It was slightly stuffy with the mouth vent open, but it was 80 degrees and VERY humid while I was riding. It did not get too hot that I felt I needed to take it off so even with the extreme humidity it did very well.
Definitely recommend for new beginners!!!