Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
The Vegan 8: 100 Simple, Delicious Recipes Made with 8 Ingredients or Less Paperback – October 16, 2018
|New from||Used from|
Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.
View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.
Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.
Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.
Ask Alexa to read your book with Audible integration or text-to-speech.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Publisher
Chocolate Lovers Double-Fudge Cookies from The Vegan 8
Prep: 10 minutes. Bake: 10 minutes. Yields: 26 cookies.
These cookies are soft and moist with a decadent fudgy center. The applesauce gives an extra boost of moisture and softness, while the almond butter makes them rich and fudgy. The optional espresso gives these an even richer chocolate flavor.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper. Note that a dark metal pan will cook the bottoms better.
2. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and, if desired, espresso to a large bowl, and whisk very well until thoroughly mixed. Add the syrup, applesauce, almond butter, vanilla, and chocolate chips. Stir for a couple of minutes or so until it all comes together into a very sticky, thick batter.
3. Drop large spoonfuls of batter, about 2 heaping tablespoons worth, onto the prepared pan spaced 2 inches apart. Fill a small bowl with water, dampen your fingertips, and press each cookie down to 1/2 inch thick
and shape the edges together so the cookies are round.
4. Bake 1 pan at a time at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes. 10 minutes will result in a fudgy, soft center and slightly crisp edge. At 12 minutes, the cookies will be much crispier but can dry out more quickly. Remove from the oven and cool on the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer carefully to a wire rack to cool completely.
It's important to let them cool or they can fall apart. Because of the applesauce (and no oil) in these cookies, they will soften after a few hours, but they are still delicious.
Tip: If you are allergic to nuts, you can sub the almond butter with sunflower seed butter.
Nutrition per cookie: 181 calories | 10.4g fat | 3.9g protein | 21.1g carbs | 2.9g fiber | 11.8g sugar | 196mg sodium
- 3/4 cup (120g) brown rice flour
- 6 tablespoons (36g) unsweetened natural cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon (8g) baking soda • 1/2 teaspoon (3g) fine salt
- 2 teaspoons (2g) ground espresso (optional)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (200g) pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup (256g) creamy roasted almond butter • 1 1/2 teaspoons (8g) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180g) dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips
—Angela Liddon, author of The Oh She Glows Cookbook and Oh She Glows Every Day
"Brandi Doming's recipes deliver in every single way: they're delicious, accessible, satisfying, and health conscious. No one does a better job of bringing comfort food to life with fresh, nutritious ingredients than Brandi. Whether you're vegan or omnivore, an experienced home cook or a beginner, young or old, you'll find recipes to treasure and share in this rich collection of meals."
—Gena Hamshaw, author of Power Plates: 100 Nutritionally Balanced, One-Dish Vegan Meals
“Brandi's first cookbook is nothing short of incredible, absolutely gorgeous from the inside out. The creativity, range of flavors and variety of recipes will bring both vegan and non vegan eaters into complete bliss. I can't wait to have this as a staple in my kitchen for years to come!"
—Sophia DeSantis, author of Vegan Burgers and Burritos
"Brandi has an uncanny ability to take just a handful of clean, whole food, plant-based ingredients, and through clever, thoughtful combinations, transform them into something that exceeds all expectations. It turns out all of your favorite comfort foods can be made with 8 ingredients or less and be free of gluten, added oils, soy, dairy, and other common allergens. This is a must-have book for anyone who values clean eating, uncomplicated ingredients, and the enjoyment that comes from experiencing a truly delicious meal.”
—Anna Speaks, Windy City Organics
“Queen of simplicity Brandi Doming has made a name for herself with her eight-ingredients-or-less food blog The Vegan 8, where she shares recipes for allergen-friendly food—and naturally, a cookbook has followed. Let Doming take the complication out of meals; they may be the best you ever 8.”
From the Author
- Item Weight : 1.6 pounds
- Paperback : 256 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0848757076
- ISBN-13 : 978-0848757076
- Product Dimensions : 8.13 x 0.7 x 9 inches
- Publisher : TI Inc. Books (October 16, 2018)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #13,641 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My family and I (we range from vegan, vegetarian, to carnivorous eaters) couldn’t wait to get our hands on this cookbook and it did not disappoint! There are too many recipes to list but here are just a few that should make you salivate; Sweet potato, caramelized onion and rice Buddha Bowl, Tex-Mex potato skins, and No Bake chocolate espresso fudge cake! I was delighted to see there are a few favorites from Brandi’s website that my family demands over and over again, like Cheesy Mexican tortilla bake, “Buttermilk” mashed potatoes, and Smoky white bean and potato stew, included in this book. Need I say more?!? Like I said, BUY THIS BOOK! You won’t be sorry!
Top reviews from other countries
Love the layout, pictures with every recipe. No doubt simple and delicious.