"Nussinow offers up a wide variety of vegan recipes that can be prepared using a pressure cooker, which speeds up cooking time so much that even low-and-slow classics can be prepared for a weeknight meal."
|Print List Price:||$18.99|
Save $9.00 (47%)
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Price set by seller.
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
I am wowed by the flavor of this fusion-style dish, where winter squash pairs very well with Thai curry. The mushrooms add earthiness and a lot of texture, while the broccoli (or greens) adds freshness. If you are not familiar with lime leaves, you will likely recognize the flavor if you’ve eaten Thai food. Store the leaves in your freezer so that they are available when you need them. Galangal is a root, similar to ginger, that is used in Thai cooking. Chana dal is split chickpeas, which are used often in Indian cooking. If you can’t find them, split red lentils stand in easily. This is a perfect winter dish.
1. Heat a stovetop pressure cooker over medium heat or set an electric cooker to sauté. Add the onion and dry sauté for 1 minute. Add the garlic and chile and cook 1 minute longer.
2. Add the chana dal, galangal, lime leaves, ¾ cup of the stock, the coconut milk, and curry paste. Lock the lid on the cooker. Bring to high pressure; cook for 3 minutes. Let the pressure come down naturally. Remove the lid, carefully tilting it away from you.
3. Add the squash, mushrooms, and remaining 1 cup stock. Lock the lid back on the cooker. Bring to high pressure; cook for 3 minutes. Quick release the pressure. Remove the lid, carefully tilting it away from you.
4. Stir in the broccoli. Lock the lid back on and let sit for 2 minutes. Carefully open the lid. Remove the galangal slices.
5. Transfer the contents to a large bowl. Add lime juice to taste, sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?