Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
The Vegan Way: 21 Days to a Happier, Healthier Plant-Based Lifestyle That Will Transform Your Home, Your Diet, and You Paperback – October 25, 2016
|New from||Used from|
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel, "The Lying Game." See more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
“Writing in a playful and upbeat fashion, Day guides her readers through a day-by-day approach to living vegan… For those interested in becoming acquainted with “the vegan way,” this book marvelously succeeds.”
– Publisher’s Weekly
"When you feel like you're hitting a bump in the road to vegan, there's always a dash of comfort and inspiration here to keep you moving along. I only wish I had this book decades ago!"
"As the health benefits of a whole foods, plant-based diet become increasingly apparent in medical literature, many Americans may be wondering where they should begin to get on the path to long-lasting health and wellness. Jackie Day's book provides a perfect starting point, with recipes, research, inspirational quotes, and daily goals as resources. Through her step-by-step approach in The Vegan Way, readers can experiment in the kitchen, learn about the limitations of our current food system, and be inspired to improve the health of their families, and the planet. It is a wonderful book that illustrates how positively life-changing a transition to a plant-based way of eating can be."
- Neal Barnard, M.D., President of Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
"The Vegan Way is like having a friendly non-judgmental vegan friend by your side to help you every step of the way as you blossom into a happier, healthier being. So inspiring!"
- Pamela Anderson
From the Author
This recipe was inspired by the brilliant crop-growing strategy of Native Americans who planted beans, corn, and squash together because they were so beneficial to one another.
The corn provides the structure for the beans to grow (no need for poles), the beans provide nitrogen for the soil, and the big squash leaves create shade, which helps prevent weeds from growing. Harmony and cooperation in the garden: I love it!
THREE SISTERS CHILI (From: The Vegan Way by Jackie Day)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed or chopped fresh garlic
- 2 medium to large zucchinis, sliced and quartered (2 to 3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms (5 or 6 mushrooms)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- One 15-ounce can kidney beans
- One 15-ounce can black beans
- One 15-ounce can corn kernels
- One 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- One 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
1. Lightly film the bottom of a large pot with oil. Add the onion and sauté on low to medium heat until the onion becomes slightly translucent and golden brown on the edges. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
2. Add the chopped zuchinni and mushrooms. Season with the salt, black pepper, cumin, and cayenne. (If you like your chili extra mild, start with a smaller amount of cayenne and work your way up. One teaspoon of cayenne will give this chili "medium" heat. At least to my taste buds!)
3. Add all of the canned ingredients. Stir in the water and simmer on low heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes or as needed to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of pot.
4. Taste to see if it's as spicy as you like your chili--if not, adjust as needed.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?