Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Vegetable Gardening For Dummies Paperback – September 8, 2009
|New from||Used from|
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel, "The Lying Game." See more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
- Plant, care for, and harvest your own vegetables
- Plot your garden and prepare the soil
- Combat pests with environmentally' friendly methods
- Save money and improve your health
Now updated your guide to growing fresher, healthier food at home
Want to start a vegetable garden but don't have a green thumb? No worries! This practical, hands-on guide gives you the tools to grow and enjoy your own vegetables, from selecting the right spot for your plot to preparing the soil to harvesting and preserving. You'll confidently plant your veggies, give them the care they need, and pick them at the right time!
- Go ahead and veg out from carrots to cabbage and from peppers to potatoes, discover the best varieties of vegetables to grow and the specifics on how to grow them
- Enjoy other edibles grow berries and herbs to add flavor to your garden
- Get down and dirty review the latest techniques for proper watering, mulching, fertilizing, succession planting, interplanting, and container gardening
- Say goodbye to pesky pests keep your plants pest-free and healthy using the newest, safest methods
Open the book and find:
- A new 8-page color insert
- Updated illustrations
- The benefits of growing vegetables
- Ideas for different garden themes
- A garden-planning guide
- Different varieties of vegetables
- All you need to know about seeds and transplants
- How-tos on techniques for increasing your bounty
- The best tools of the trade
- Practical tips on harvesting and storing veggies
About the Author
Charlie Nardozzi has worked for more than 20 years bringing expert gardening information to home gardeners through the printed page, the Internet, radio, and television. He is currently a radio show host and a guest expert on many nationally syndicated radio shows such as Martha Stewart Living Radio. He was the host for PBS's Garden Smart and has been a gardening expert on other television shows such as HGTV's Today at Home.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?