Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A Vegetarians Ecstasy: A Healthy Gourmet Celebration of Over 250 No Cholesterol, No Dairy, Lowfat Recipes Devoted to Long Life and Good Taste
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on October 3, 2010
This was one of the first cookbooks I purchased back in 1994 when I became a vegetarian and began my training as a holistic nutritionist. It's a delight to read and has fun illustrations. The recipes are easy to prepare and so delicious that I still always take one of the dishes from the book to pot-lucks primarily for meat-eaters. They are the hit of the party. I usually also bring copies of the recipes because I'm so frequently asked for them.

I recommend this book to vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. The dishes are so different and delicious. Incidentally, I frequently substitute white and red Quinoa for other grains in the book so as to help anyone who might be gluten-sensitive. Get this book and get vibrant, healthy food.
on July 15, 2013
"A Vegetarian's Ecstasy" may seem a bit over-the-top for a cookbook, but let me assure you, these recipes are classic and new at the same time. My husband and I began eating a plant-based diet in February of this year, due to my cardiac event (okay, a heart attack). A representative from the Health Education Dept. of the hospital visited me, bringing a folder chock full of information about diet and exercise. My wonderful husband joined me in this new way of eating, such a sweetheart! We began by watching Dr. Esselstyn and Dr. Campbell in the documentary 'Forks over Knives'. Now let me clarify that I am NOT an animal rights activist. I am perfectly alright with anyone who chooses to eat or abstain from eating meat. That being said, for most of my life I have had digestive problems when it came to red meat; if I had it for dinner, I would wake up with what felt like it still in my stomach, undigested. I switched to chicken and fish, and that was sufficient for a time. After the heart attack, I stopped eating oil of any form (yes, that includes the exalted olive oil, grapeseed oil, and all other 'healthy' oils), no dairy products (all have cholesterol, even the "non-fat" kind), no added salt, and only eating 100% whole grain products. The result? My last lab tests showed a remarkable improvement in all lipids! I highly recommend this book and this diet.