Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 87 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 107 reviews
on May 28, 2017
Very pleased. Prompt delivery.
on April 8, 2012
I've been trying to eat healthier lately, and the recipes in this book are a tasty way to do so. There's a great variety of all different kinds of recipes drawing on beans, veggies, tofu, and more, plus recipes for homemade burger buns (yum), tasty condiments, and side dishes. Really nice photographs, very clear instructions, and very tasty recipes. Especially nice is the fact that most of the burgers can be frozen before cooking, so you can make a big batch, pop them in the freezer, and cook them whenever the mood strikes you. So far, I've only tried the Armenian Lentil Burger - really tasty with fantastic spices, and a satisfying substitute for a regular burger. I can't wait to try all of these recipes!
on May 19, 2011
Just got this and all the recipes look amazing. I can't wait to try them all! Last night I had the Sun Dried Tomato, Corn and goat cheese burger and it was amazing. I only made 3 of the batch and froze the rest to make later. My husband I were fighting over the extra patty this morning. If that is an indication of the other recipes in this book then I will have some delicious meals in my future. I put the sun dried tomato burger on a ciabatta roll with goat cheese and avocado. I am excited to try the Thai Carrot and Pub burger. I also love that there are some french fry, salad and hamburger bun recipes. I will definitely be trying those as well!
review image review image
on May 22, 2011
I love this cookbook! As a single vegetarian, I became addicted to shortcuts to eating. Those frozen 'burger' substitutes were a favorite, but reading the ingredients did not enthuse me. I also do not generally follow a cookbook through more than a few recipes. I can't be bothered with cooking when it is only for me.

However, I am hooked on making my own veggie burgers thanks to this book. I make a whole recipe and then freeze or refrigerate the rest for future meals. I have followed several recipes already and get inspirations for my own creations based on the things I have discovered. I have found great substitutes for my favorite frozen veggie burger and like others for non-bread meals.
on January 2, 2017
Love the recipes and ideas.
on August 29, 2014
I've had a great time with this book and its versatile selections. Having purchased many veggie-type burgers at Whole Foods, Sprouts, etc., I now know how to make them at home. Great photos, and easy-to-read pages.
on July 7, 2010
I am an unabashed and unashamed meat-eater. I bought this book because a good friend and frequent guest is a vegetarian and I thought "wouldn't it be nice to offer him something beyond double portions of the sides at our summer dinners..."but this book really appeals to me! I've marked at least a dozen recipes (corn burgers with sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese...how could that be anything but SPECTACULAR?) and some sides as well ( frizzled shallots has to happen TODAY )Best of all- the ingredients are grocery store available -- no special trips to strange smelling health food stores. This book would make the perfect house gift for summer weekends...
44 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2011
I own a bunch of cookbooks and this is one of my favorites. I made the sweet potato fries and they were the best I've ever made or eaten. The burgers are great, the sauces good...I even made the pickled onions which were super easy and tasty! Buy the book - it will not change your life like some people evidently want cookbooks to (dang, they're so picky). But you'll have some good food to eat. UPDATE: I posted photos of the Quick Pickles, Quick Pickled Red Onions, Baked Falafel Burger with Tahini-Yogurt Sauce, the Tuscan White Bean Burger and the Roasted Sweet Potato Fries.
on September 27, 2010
The recipes in Veggie Burgers Every Which Way are easy to prepare and delicious. You'll find ingredients are readily available from your local supermarket and won't break your food budget. The author has obviously spent considerable time testing each offering as measurements and preparation instructions are accurate and ensure success. Using spices has always been problematic for me, but you'll find the flavors here limit boredom while maximizing taste. Use the "burgers" to make meatballs and "veggie" loafs as well. You can't go wrong with this cookbook. It's a great place to start down the vegan/vegetarian path.
on March 23, 2014
Have tried 3 recipes out of the book so far and each one has turned out very well--nice flavors, leave you feeling full, and with a straight forward and honest recipe. Very much liked the tips about the burgers, such as which ones are good to freeze so you can make a larger batch and which you should make fresh and eat and also which burgers need special cooking instructions to maintain the burger consistency. Looking forward to trying more recipes in the book!