Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 104 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 245 reviews
on December 14, 2015
Our 2-year-old loved the movie. The message is positive. However, if you are not prepared to comfort your very young child and explain that this is fiction and that the drummer boy will be okay you should probably skip this one. We were fine with it - we snuggled our little one and helped her deal with her emotions as the little drummer boy dealt with the ugliness that life threw at him. We also got to see her enjoy the music and celebrate with the happy ending.
I would say the story line is pretty close to other drummer boys I've seen, except (spoiler) the parents live.
on August 1, 2015
This Veggie Tales Christmas episode is some what a remake of the classic stop-motion Christmas movie. It sticks really well to the original version, but added some things to make it less scary and fun. It also shows a message about forgiving others even during the holidays. In the episode, Junior is waiting for his friends for they can go Christmas Caroling. But during his excitement, he fail to hear his friends ringing the doorbell, making them think Junior not there and decided to start without him. This lead Junior to believe his friends ditch him and vows not to speak to them ever again. Pa Grape tries to convince Junior that he shouldn't hold a grudge and should forgive his friends. To prove a point he tells him a story about a little drummer boy who hold a grudge against everyone in the world after some bad people destroyed his home and his family. But one special night will change his life forever.
This is one of the best Veggie Tales Christmas ever!
on September 7, 2014
While I typically LOVE LOVE LOVE veggie tails, I did not like their adaptation of Little Drummer Boy. In the original the drummer boy's pet lamb is miraculously healed by The Baby Jesus. But in this one, its the "Dr" that heals the lamb. While I fully understand that sometimes God will work miracles through other people, the new version lost something when they took that "miracle" out. Just my opinion. Some other people may like the more "realistic" version I guess, but to me it opens up doubt, was it God or man that did the healing? I like believing the unbelievable, isnt that what faith is all about?
on November 17, 2015
We love all the Veggie Tale movies. There has never been a bad one. Love that they use popular stories, put a twist on them to teach great lessons for life. I learn so much as an adult, although they are marketed for children
on February 6, 2013
Turned our daughter into a wanna-be drummer :)

Sadly, I never actually SAW this movie to be able to give a detailed review.

We just moved...had to unpack, settle in AND prepare for the holidays while nursing new health issues :l

I heard the show in the background several times as I busied about and from that I know it was 1) in the Christmas Spirit 2) well received 3) musically inspiring :)

Recommend...as I do the other Veggie Tales shows we have (not all that exist...just the ones that hold true to the Veggie Tales we know and love).
on February 17, 2014
My 3 year old begged to watch this instead of his normal 30min pbs allotment. Which worked out well when I was trying to avoid all the Christmas specials surrounding Santa clause.
on March 6, 2016
When my son was about 5 he watched this repeatedly. He is 16 now. This year I wanted my 4 year old and 8 year old kids to watch it. I was so glad it was here on amazon. My kids really enjoyed it and my oldest even popped in for a few minutes to peek at it. Good memories. :)
on October 15, 2013
Purchased for my grandson as a Christmas gift. I enjoy watching Veggie Tales as an adult. I like the fun way the content about Christian values is presented.
on January 14, 2015
gave as a gift and mailed direct but Veggitales are always good and trusted.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 23, 2012
My grandson loves these and it is so refreshing to see a child's video that teaches about God and is also entertaining. He has many of these and watches the others on Netflix!