- Receive a free 8x11 Shutterfly Photo Book promo code via email with select digital camera, lens, sports & action camera, network attached storage, external hard drive, or memory card purchase. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Veho VCC-003-MUVI-BLK MUVI Micro digital action cam for Action Sports, Surveillance and Motorcycling / cycling (Includes 4GB Memory)
|Price:||$38.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Includes 4GB (up to 8GB compatible) Micro SD card to record up to 3 hours footage
- AVI format using motion JPEG, mini USB 1.1/2.0
- 2 Mega pixels, 2GB microSD (up to max 8GB)
- Resolution 640x480
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Dimensions||2.17 x 0.98 x 0.98 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.44 pounds|
|Video Capture Resolution||480p|
From the Manufacturer
The Muvi unique micro design enables digital video recording in situations where it may not be possible to use standard camcorders. Coupled with the extreme sports mounting kit the muvi will allow the user to capture high quality digital video and sound footage hands free. With its robust thumb sized alloy metal casing you needn't worry about your Veho Muvi. It features a 2 Megapixel lens and records in AVI format.It’s the smallest in the world of its kind
The Veho Muvi comes with a 2GB Micro SD Card, that's enough for 2 hours footage, and with a built in rechargeable battery life of 2-3 hours, you'll never miss a thing. Easily connects to your computer via Micro USB, so you can upload your videos in seconds. It also charges through any USB giving complete portability.Great quality
The Veho Muvi Micro DV Camcorder is perfect for anyone who wants to capture great quality images whilst on the move. The Muvi DV Cam captures video with a 2 mega pixel image quality, which are then stored in AVI format on the Micro SD Memory card. Powered by the included internal li-ion rechargeable battery the Veho Muvi Digital Video Camera will keep going for up to 3 hours from a full charge, and can be connected to your PC via the included USB cable to both transfer videos and re-charge the battery, or for use as a webcam.Attaches easily
The Veho VCC-003 DV Camcorder is ideal for those out and about as the included clip allows it to be attached to various items, whilst it also features voice activated start/stop recording function so it can be used completely hands free when you need them for other things. Accessories available include an extreme sports pack for mounting the camera on items such as helmets for when your mountain biking, skateboarding, skiing etc., your then able to capture the action has it happens.
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 3:25 Mins|
The Veho folks aren't doing us or themselves any favors by shipping it with such a sub-standard memory card though. At first I was slightly disappointed until I put in a 4Gb class 2 MicroSDHC card I had lying around. What an improvement. I've got a couple 8Gb class 6 cards on the way so I should be all set.
Some things to note:
1. Files are limited to 30 minutes at which time it will start a new file.
2. For some reason all files are dated 12/31/2000 12:00 AM
3. Files are huge. The 3:25 min. video I submitted was edited in Movie Maker and saved as a WMV at 2mbps and is 52Mb. The original raw 5 minute AVI file at 64kbps was 175 mb.
4. The audio is awful but not really an issue for me.
The edited video in WMV was as close as I could get to the original. There was only a slight loss in quality.
(1) The MUVI is both smaller and heavier than I expected. It came with a rotating clip to hook to the front of my shirt, and a lanyard to wear around my neck. It looks and feels quite sturdy. I wouldn't want to bounce it off a sidewalk, but it definitely feels tough enough to endure normal handling, or being dropped a short distance. It does get warm to the touch while recording.
(2) Despite what the product photos on Amazon show, the camera must be mounted or carried vertically, not horizontally, with the lens on top for proper orientation. The video quality (640 x 480 pixels) is excellent given the lens size, and the Muvi quickly adapts between outdoors and indoors lighting changes, and gives very good results with both.
(3) As many others have pointed out, the 2 GB card that comes with the MUVI is simply inadequate. Buy yourself an 8 GB microSDHC class 6 card. The MUVI requires about 2.6 GB per hour of recording, so the 8 GB card will provide sufficient capacity for about 3 hours of video, which should be more than enough given the battery life of the MUVI.
(4) Despite what the instructions say, you cannot record while the MUVI is being recharged.Read more ›
I have also used one clipped to a hat band at sporting events to record video. It works well.
|Length: 1:06 Mins|
I have to say I'm very impressed with this! I previously used a large Hi8 tape cam but it's very obtrusive. I use this 99% of the time I ride my bike as it helps me review and improve my riding technique. With this cam being so small and barely visible, I can leave it mounted when I park my bike. With the optional clip, it pops right in and out and It slips right in my pocket. I can even clip it to my belt while walking and no one ever notice. Sweet!
The PRO model is true 30fps. 4Gb is sufficient because it records for 2 hours and only uses half the memory. Add a 8Gb mini SD for under $30.
The only negative is how long it takes to upload your clips to a computer.
Something this small with this much quality you can't beat!
I removed the previous video and replaced it with two different views.
The first was with the cam mounted on the tank and the second half I was able to mount it inside of my helmet. I thought it came out pretty good and my feelings remain the same about the versatility of this little camera. And it would really be nice to have the option to disable the time stamp!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Wonderful little camera, awesome pictures (video).. Very handy. I use mine sometimes for watching the house. Just hide in corner of window facing outward. Works great.Published 2 days ago by Bobbie K
Great size and picture with this camera. Ease-of-use is remarkable. Still trying to figure out how to change the video screen display rotation.Published 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
I used it as a body cam while out doing evangelism. The quality was so/so and the audio wasn't very good but it was a very inexpensive and I wore it clipped to my belt.Published 13 days ago by M. Fuller
This does not have wide angle at all! Narrow view and the clip is very LIGHT duty...Published 15 days ago by Mr&MrsDeuse
For the money, I like it.
+ Video quality is pretty good.
+ Audio is understandable.
+ Small size. Read more
I've actually used this model, when I worked as a Security Guard. The operation is simple, but I recommend reading the instructions through so that you know what the indicator... Read morePublished 17 days ago by Activemode