- Receive a free 8x11 Shutterfly Photo Book promo code via email with select digital camera, lens, sports & action camera, network attached storage, external hard drive, or memory card purchase. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.44 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Veho VCC-003-MUVI-PRO MUVI Micro Spy Camera Nanny Cam for for Security/Surveillance with Noise activation
|Price:||$46.19 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$3.57 (7%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Contents: VCC-003-Pro Muvi Micro Camcorder , 4GB Micro SD Card, USB cable, Spring mounting body clip, Wall Mounting Clip, Neck chain, Carrying pouch, Webcam software, Users manual
- Voice/Noise activated start stop record with 48hr standby perfect as spy cam or nanny cam
- Includes 4GB micro SD (up to 8GB MSDHC compatible) to record up to 90 minutes footage.
- Permanent Date & Timestamp on Video Footage perfect for evidence
- Frame Rate Enhancement software upgrade for 30 frames per second
- Includes rechargeable battery for up to 90 minutes continuous operation.
- Micro sized for discreet video capture
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Dimensions||5 x 2.5 x 5 inches|
|Item Weight||0.11 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||5 Volts|
|Shipping Weight||0.45 pounds|
|Video Capture Resolution||480p|
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 3:25 Mins|
The Veho folks aren't doing us or themselves any favors by shipping it with such a sub-standard memory card though. At first I was slightly disappointed until I put in a 4Gb class 2 MicroSDHC card I had lying around. What an improvement. I've got a couple 8Gb class 6 cards on the way so I should be all set.
Some things to note:
1. Files are limited to 30 minutes at which time it will start a new file.
2. For some reason all files are dated 12/31/2000 12:00 AM
3. Files are huge. The 3:25 min. video I submitted was edited in Movie Maker and saved as a WMV at 2mbps and is 52Mb. The original raw 5 minute AVI file at 64kbps was 175 mb.
4. The audio is awful but not really an issue for me.
The edited video in WMV was as close as I could get to the original. There was only a slight loss in quality.
|Length: 0:43 Mins|
The problem I experienced was unbearable background noise with every recording. I contacted Veho technical support and at their request sent them a sample. They said my recorder *was* defective and that I should return/exchange it. The attached video highlights the noise problem with both the original camera *and* the one Amazon sent as a replacement.
According to the manufacturer, some amount of background noise is expected. Let me provide their explanation, directly from their FAQ:
Problem: There seems to be a lot of sound interference (buzzing) on my recordings, even in a quiet room. Why is this?
Resolution: The level of noise that you are experiencing with the camera is normal. Due to the sound activation function on the Muvi Pro the microphone is extremely sensitive therefore it will always pick up noise even in a quiet room.
Me, I think it's nonsense. What noise, exactly, would a microphone pick of from a quiet room: Ghosts?
Another aside, mostly for people who already own this recorder is about the date/time stamp. It is permanent and cannot be remove (which goes back to it being permanent). It's also impossible to set unless you know how and nearly impossible to find out how. Here's how... Create a file named time.txt in the top level of the camera's memory.Read more ›
(1) The MUVI is both smaller and heavier than I expected. It came with a rotating clip to hook to the front of my shirt, and a lanyard to wear around my neck. It looks and feels quite sturdy. I wouldn't want to bounce it off a sidewalk, but it definitely feels tough enough to endure normal handling, or being dropped a short distance. It does get warm to the touch while recording.
(2) Despite what the product photos on Amazon show, the camera must be mounted or carried vertically, not horizontally, with the lens on top for proper orientation. The video quality (640 x 480 pixels) is excellent given the lens size, and the Muvi quickly adapts between outdoors and indoors lighting changes, and gives very good results with both.
(3) As many others have pointed out, the 2 GB card that comes with the MUVI is simply inadequate. Buy yourself an 8 GB microSDHC class 6 card. The MUVI requires about 2.6 GB per hour of recording, so the 8 GB card will provide sufficient capacity for about 3 hours of video, which should be more than enough given the battery life of the MUVI.
(4) Despite what the instructions say, you cannot record while the MUVI is being recharged.Read more ›
I have also used one clipped to a hat band at sporting events to record video. It works well.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Received it yesterday, will not put it to use until school starts August 10, 2016. I will give a full review sometime toward the end of August. Read morePublished 1 day ago by James Jeffrey Coleman
I work as a Armed Security Officer. I use it as a body cam. Picture and sound was Great. Incident yesterday while on duty. If you need a body cam. This is it. Very easy to use. Read morePublished 3 days ago by deputydog
Picture and quality was fine. However, mine broke after turning it on a couple of times. Power switch not working nor will it charge.
There is one also on Amazon for $20. Read more
I found this device to be essentially worthless. Other than the Cons listed below, it only accepted the first battery charge. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Tony Vera
I read about others having issues w their cameras, I bought this one as a pre-opened box from the warehouse deals, it works great. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Miles G Pavlovic
The camera battery only holds a charge for about 4-6 hoursPublished 13 days ago by Michael P. Rolfes
quality is okay (video and audio) but for 45 bucks you still get a neat little gadgetPublished 18 days ago by Luis Enrique Herrera
grrr,I love it! i really do. well built,solid as a rock. great accessory kit. BUT it didnt work correctly.I was in a accident while trying to mess with it. Read morePublished 22 days ago by Hawkeye
Will not take video only sound will play back. I got online to their company website and filled out a tech help page with all my info but still no response. Read morePublished 23 days ago by M A