Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,274 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,415 reviews
on June 16, 2012
I have read some bad reviews about this device that complain about humming, bad audio and bad video.

Here's my review.

I think the audio is much better than what I expected. It's clear and picks up nicely. I only have noticed humming or popping in my elevator and rarely in my car so I'm assuming it's electrical interference. The 'wind noise' you hear in the video is my air conditioner. Also, I believe some people experience audio problems because they are using a slow micro sd card, I bought an Amazon Basics 8 GB class 10 micro sd card so data transfer is very fast; I think the slow micro sd cards may cause audio problems.

The construction is solid, the outside is metal.

Video could be better, but for $60 it's not bad and I'm not complaining. I can't exactly read car tags with the video unless I'm extremely close up, but that's not what I bought it for. I bought it to show body language and intent in volatile situations and I think it will work beautifully for that.

I have noticed that playback can be a bit tricky too. If you playback directly from the recorder is can be jumpy, so transfer the file to your computer hard drive first, then play it. Also, when you are playing it back I have noticed that if you view in full screen mode that can sometimes cause the playback to be jumpy, but if you leave it in it's original size during playback that reduces it.

Even with all the above, the playback is sometimes jumpy (just less), BUT it still captures everything. I think it's jumpy because it's only recording at 20 frames per second (veho claims 30 frames per second, but mine doesn't).

All in all, I am very happy with my Veho MUVI micro recorder. I will keep this with me for when I'm not in my car. I am going to purchase a GoPro 2 or a VC-250 for in car recording though.
on April 23, 2017
Bought this after a pretty sketchy encounter with a guy upset that I couldn't give him money. I read a lot of reviews, most people love it, and I noticed a lot of people said it would stop recording after a few minutes. Decided to take my chances, because for such a cheap price what did I have to lose?

I think I figured out these negative reviews problems. This camera has a switch on the left side ( when camera is pointed away from you ) called VOX. This switch, when turned on, enables the camera to record automatically when it detects sound over 65 decibels. The manual states that if no sound is heard for 2 minutes, it stops recording. Seems most people are using this indoors which will definitely be that quiet, and my testing has shown me that the VOX auto shut off WILL over ride the manual recording switch on the top. So, it's better just to leave that off in my opinion. Just turn the power on, hit record when you walk from your vehicle to your destination, and when people approach you.

The camera: 2 Megapixels, 640x480 resolution, perfectly fine for a eye witness to an encounter, little laggy if you move a lot, but it's going to do a good enough job to capture faces, time, and what happened, even isn't too shabby in dark or dim places. It's not GREAT, or even good mind you but it's sufficient.

The sound: Yes the sound has a shutter effect on background noise, is a tad noisy, BUT it again records speech and voice perfectly clear enough for a court room or employer.

The battery: 2 hours of recording, so if you need to record a full solid shift, this camera is not for you. If you are like me and use it on a short burst period or as needed throughout the day basis, perfectly fine.

The memory: It claims 45 minutes per gig of memory. I found it's more around 32-40. It supports up to 8 gigs, so you could get about 4 hours total if the battery didn't die in 2 hours, making this NOT for you if you need it for work/etc. It does not have a vid lock or overwrite feature so you must empty it once it's full.

The form factor: Great size, people sometimes ask what it is, but most people don't pay attention to it. The clip included is great, but would be very easy for an agro person to rip off your shirt and throw it, so if you want more security get a nylon cord to wear it like a pretty necklace.

Overall if you need beautiful HD shots with crystal audio to record your extreme sports, look elsewhere. If you need a hard core ultra secure, ultra long lasting camera for your security based job/detail, look elsewhere. If you are an average safety minded person who just wants something on hand for if some one walks up to your car, or some one walks up to you in case they unpredictably go kookoo for coco puffs and you have to defend yourself through any variety of means, look no further.
on July 21, 2017
Lots of "pros" for this little camera. First, the videos produced are clear and sharp at almost all distances. Even in relatively low light, decent video is captured. The colors are vibrant without being saturated. Sound recording isn't "hi-fi", but certainly clearly audible. I can consistently get 2 hours of recording before the battery needs recharging. And recharging only takes 30-45 minutes using USC cable from camera to desktop computer. Instructions are very readable and easy to follow. (This is unusual for the less expensive "Made in China" products of this type.) I like that recordings are filed in 30 minute segments. Some folks like shorter periods of time, but I like the longer. So maybe this is more of an observation than anything else.

This is my 3rd unit. The first one worked well enough that I ordered another. Sadly, the second one had more problems than I care to list. I'm pretty certain that it could have been one that had been returned, as it had evidence of wear. (Maybe one of those "do you have any to sell" units?)
I requested an authorization for return (as a defective unit) and, as usual, obtained an immediate response. I chose to have the item replaced rather than getting a refund or gift card. The next day I took it to a UPS store. and was almost immediately notified by email that replacement unit had already been shipped. In short, had a replacement delivered within 48 hours of requesting return authorization ! You can't beat that for service !

One small tip. When unboxing the until, you will find that the lens has a very small piece of plastic attached to protect the lens during shipment or whatever. It isn't real apparent. So make sure you remove it prior to recording or you could get very very poor results. LOL

So, why did I not give this 5 stars? Simply because either I am not doing something right or the power switch and led are not in synch too well. That is, it takes a couple (or three) tries before I know I am recording. Not a big deal, in my opinion, as I am always able to overcome this without turning the air blue. LOL

Overall, the quality and price-point are well matched, in my opinion (based on my experience with many other similar products.)
on June 5, 2017
Ok, I completely had to rewrite this review

The negatives (LE take note)
1. narrow field of vision, about 65mm lens respectively to 35mm SLR cameras (camera people will know what I mean)
2. terrible in low light, in a bar it will pick up your conversation decently amongst ambient noise but video quality will be unusable. In twilight you can make stuff out but not in detail.
3. 2,5 hrs run time, Sometimes it won't always record all the way through. When it does you get about 5-30 min videos broken up into their separate files, though they are all in time sequence without gaps, you would need to piece it together to make a 2.5 hr video.
4. it is not covert. the clip being on the back makes you need to keep it outside your pocket. relocate the clip to the front and you could keep the unit inside your pocket with the lens sticking out for recording. Being a narrow field of vision, you won't get a wide view of a conflict scenario
So great as a helmet cam for sports. Great for a car camera. I put it on the hand grip on the passenger side to over look me as I drive. It is still pretty narrow. The GoPro Session gives a better field of view. But when placed right, this will be a good security camera for traffic stops or proof of conduct later in court.

For other than sports/helmet cam/
Honestly, buy a GoPro or Session and apply it or conceal it in a manner beneath your clothing with the lens poking out. and carry the remote in your pocket or belt. When you see an approaching conflicts depress the record button on the remote and you will get much better results.

Im glad I bought this, I will find use for it. But be aware it is limited.
on June 21, 2014
I bought this camcorder in Oct 2013. But didn't start using it until May 2014.
It's currently June 2014. So I've been using it for only one month.
I use it to record my nightly walks in the neighborhood.

It's a nice little camcorder.
BUT
It will sometimes randomly stop recording. There is no pattern to when it stops recording.
Sometimes it will stop recording only a few minutes after I started it, sometimes it will stop 20 minutes into my walk, sometimes it will stop 30+ minutes into my walk, and sometimes it will continue to record without any issue at all.

On the occasions it does stop recording.
A simple click of the recording button will get recording again.
And usually for the remainder of my 45 minute walk.

I haven't been able to figure out why it stops recording. I've tried contacting the manufacture's technical support.
But they only have an email support system. Which has been completely useless. ie They do not respond.

On the occasions it stops recording; it deserves 1 Star.
On the occasions during which it continues to record without issue; it deserves 5 stars.
So I split the difference and gave it 3 stars.

Edit 6/29/2014
After originally writing this review. The manufacture's tech support finally contacted me.
(Coincidence that they contacted me after writing this bad review ??)

Anyway; their suggestion to prevent the random recording stoppage. Was to format the SD card.
I tried that. It made absolutely no difference.

They also said "camera has a 12 month warranty held by Amazon".
But according to Amazon's Return Center; there was only a 30 day return policy.

So now I am changing the rating of this camcorder from 3 stars to 1 star.
It's garbage. Don't waste your money on it.
on March 17, 2016
I've read some pretty angry reviews about this little camera. Seems like this product can be a bit hit or miss. But one week in, so far it's all good for me -- especially for the price. Fully functional out of the box, with controls and light sequences that are easy to master. I dropped a 16gb card in that I had laying around and found I get approximately two hours out of a battery charge (the included 4gb card filled up after about 80-90 minutes). I even managed to set the time via the included disc (but you do need a Windows PC for that; there's no Mac version of the drivers). Sure, the 640 x 480 video won't win any awards for cinematography but what the camera does is its job: to adequately capture my on-duty contacts.
on June 17, 2010
I do a lot of walking, typically 3 to 6 miles every day from my home to my work, or to nearby businesses. Like most pedestrians, I've had my share of close calls with inattentive and careless drivers. After recently being hit by a car (fortunately, I wasn't too badly hurt), I started looking for a small videocamera that I could wear to record what happened during my walks. The Veho MUVI seemed ideal, and I've now had a couple of days to use it. So here are my impressions:

(1) The MUVI is both smaller and heavier than I expected. It came with a rotating clip to hook to the front of my shirt, and a lanyard to wear around my neck. It looks and feels quite sturdy. I wouldn't want to bounce it off a sidewalk, but it definitely feels tough enough to endure normal handling, or being dropped a short distance. It does get warm to the touch while recording.

(2) Despite what the product photos on Amazon show, the camera must be mounted or carried vertically, not horizontally, with the lens on top for proper orientation. The video quality (640 x 480 pixels) is excellent given the lens size, and the Muvi quickly adapts between outdoors and indoors lighting changes, and gives very good results with both.

(3) As many others have pointed out, the 2 GB card that comes with the MUVI is simply inadequate. Buy yourself an 8 GB microSDHC class 6 card. The MUVI requires about 2.6 GB per hour of recording, so the 8 GB card will provide sufficient capacity for about 3 hours of video, which should be more than enough given the battery life of the MUVI.

(4) Despite what the instructions say, you cannot record while the MUVI is being recharged. On the other hand, with two MUVIs, four 8 GB SDHC cards, and a USB auto charger, you could record an entire 12-hour road trip by charging one MUVI while recording with the other.

(5) My Macbook mounts the MUVI exactly like a USB thumb drive whenever it is plugged in. Videos can be easily dragged and copied, or dragged and deleted. The MUVI does not support high-speed USB data transfer, so I recommend that you get a high-speed SDHC card reader if you want to copy off movies quickly.

(6) Audio quality is adequate but not very impressive. The voices of the people I talk to actually sound clearer than my own, and are understandable as long as you don't have a lot of background noise. You could probably understand a conversation recorded in a quiet room, in my opinion, but I wouldn't gamble on it in a large crowd.

(7) Best of all, the MUVI doesn't look like a videocamera. I've had lots of people look right at it and not realize what it was. I'm guessing they dismissed it and assumed it was an MP3 player or some sort of Bluetooth earpiece. It is ideal for discreet recordings, especially if you find yourself dealing with government authorities and want a video record of your interactions with them. (First make sure to review the wiretapping laws for wherever you live.)

So what would I like to see for a future version of the MUVI? Full HD quality recordings, longer battery life, better audio, and true optical stabilization would be a nice wish list, although fitting any of them into the MUVI's form factor would require a lot of engineering effort. Nevertheless, the MUVI is still an amazing little videocamera for its size and cost, and I'm looking forward to using it extensively in the coming months.
11 comment| 178 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2013
I am returning this today. I am so disappointed after reading all the good reviews that I thought I should add mine...
I was going to upload a video sample to go with this review, so you could see how bad it is. But just 10 days ago (1/8/13) another customer put a video with his review -- be sure to watch it. ALL FIVE OF MY VIDEOS WERE JUST LIKE HIS. I recorded classroom lectures from the front row in a quiet rooms, and even when the professor stood three feet in front of me and spoke clearly, we mostly could not understand what they were saying. I took a video in my livingroom and same problem. The terrible background noise sounded EXACTLY like the other reviewer's video.

Unless you want to mount it to a bike, I can't imagine what it would be good for.

(Note: It is decent quality picture. Call it a sports action camera and I would give it more stars.)

Update: After reviewing a sample video, VEHO tech support apologized and told me to return it.
on July 23, 2017
The attachments don't work well. The attachment where the camera goes is difficult to use. It was really tight at first and couldn't get the camera out, now it's so loose I have to use a zip tie to keep the camera in place. The attachments don't fit well on my bike helmet or on my bike. The silicon piece used to help keep moisture out doesn't fit with the attachment pieces.
I was ordered and canceled the waterproof hoping this would help fix the attachment issues. Then it took over a month of delays before it would ship. Canceled the order.
Camera footage is a good quality. But the ease of use is difficult.
on December 17, 2014
Greatly disappointed in battery life. 105 minutes when the product information says "up to three hours." I don't know how to get it to three hours. You push the only button it has, and record. It either has a full charge or it doesn't. It either records or it doesn't.

Video quality in good light is pretty good. I'm satisfied with that.

Size is great and what I anticipated. Quality of the product otherwise looks good. I like that you can easily tell that it's recording since there is no display to tell you anything.

Battery life seems to be the main constraint and since the battery isn't changeable, after 105 minutes...your'e done.

The manual indicates that it can record and charge at the same time...but the button is unresponsive once I've plugged it in. I haven't been able to get it record anything once it's charging.

I'm debating on returning it because I wanted something that could record for four hours. The description said three...so I was willing to settle for that since I didn't find any other products with that long of a battery life...but since the battery life is even less than half of what they said it would be, I'm not sure it's worth it. I have a cheaper model coming from china that was a quarter of the price. I'm curious how that one will compare in quality. If it's reasonably similar and I can get four for the price of one, I will probably just use that instead.