VELIMAX Static Cling Total Blackout Window Film Privacy Room Darkening Window Tint Black Window Cover 100% Light Blocking No Glue (17.7 x 78.7 inches)
|Price:||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details & FREE Returns|
|Join Prime to save $1.00 on this item|
- NON ADHESIVE - Static cling window film without glue, made of environmental friendly materials, very easy to install. Soapy water is the key ingredient, and PEELING OFF THE BACKING LINER is necessary.
- ROOM DARKENING - Our blackout window film stops at least 99% of daylight and also provides comprehensive two-way privacy, ideal for someone who needs day sleep and complete privacy.
- HEAT CONTROL - Besides blocking UV, our black window film are very effective at controlling excess heat and glare, also does well in protecting the home furnishing from fading .
- REUSABLE WINDOW FILM - Glue free design, very easy to take off and reuse, no residue left. Roll up and keep it well when you don't need it until next time application.
- APPLICABLE SCOPE - ONLY apply this film on on single panes of glass, or on modern double glazed units made of toughened glass. The glass must be smooth and flat. You can DIY this film as a glass décor by cutting it into any shape.
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
VELIMAX Blackout Window Film is designed to block out almost all light penetration, to make the room darker and cooler, and also to provide comprehensive two-way privacy. Our black window film is static cling, non adhesive, vinyl material can be applied directly to glass which make it easy to apply and remove. To help darken a room to aid sleep, it's ideal for babies or toddlers who struggle with falling asleep, or shift workers who need to sleep during daytime hours.
- Material: Vinyl
- Environmental: Through Europe EN71-3 standard and SGS
- Thickness: 0.29mm (excluding the backing film)
- Average life: 3 years
- No glue
- Long term or short term use
- Block 99% daylight
- 12 size options
HOW TO INSTALL THE WINDOW FILM?
3 Tips & 8 Steps:
To install the window film well, there are 3 tips.
Firstly, make sure to peel off the clear backing liner with grid.
Secondly, when you trim the edges, please leave a 1/10" wide gap between the edges of window film and the edges of the glass. It's necessary to make the film's edges attach completely on the glass and no air can come in.
Thirdly, the light soapy water will make it much easier to adjust the position of the window film on the glass.
- Step 1: Measure the size of the target window.
- Step 2: Mark and cut the film 1" wider and 1" longer than the window.
- Step 3: Using glass cleaner to clean your window.
- Step 4: Remove the backing liner.
- Step 5: Spray the window generously with water.
- Step 6: Place the wet surface of the film on the wet glass.
- Step 7: Use the plastic card squeegee to remove excess water and bubbles.
- Step 8: Use a sharp utility knife to trim the excess film away along the edges of the glass.
|Blackout Window Film - Loquat Leaves||Blackout Window Sticker - Blossoming Flowers||Blackout Window Film - Hibiscus||Brushed Blackout Window Film||Black Solar Film|
|Privacy Category||Two-way privacy||Two-way privacy||Two-way privacy||Two-way privacy||one way at daytime|
If you are planning to install this film on a double glazed unit, make sure the glass is toughened. If it is, it will have a kite mark in one of the corners of the pane. If you apply this film on glass that is not toughened, the glass could crack due to poor build quality especially on older units. Please use the white blackout film as an alternative. Please make sure to read the Specifications to check glass compatibility before ordering this product.
1. How to deal with the air bubbles?
The target glass must be cleaned thoroughly, the built-up paint, glue debris or grime will cause many air bubbles. During the installation, The more water sprayed on the film and glass, the less air bubbles appear. You can use a plastic squeegee or just a credit card to remove carefully all the air bubbles and extra water.
2. How much light can this film block?
Our blackout window film can block at least 99% light. If you require complete blackout film with no light bleed, you might have to add a bead of black silicone around the edge of the glass to completely stop the light from coming through.
3. Can I remove the film at a later stage?
Absolutely. Our blackout film is removable and reusable. You can just simply peel the film off the glass in seconds with no mess. It's glue free design, very easy to take off and reuse, no residue left. Roll up and keep it well when you don't need it until next time application.
4. How do I clean reflective window film?
Just clean with soapy water and a squeegee, that's all. Do not use anything abrasive on the film or it will scratch it. Do not clean for at least a month after installation.
We've Got Your Windows and Doors Covered.
VELIMAX values every customer. If you find any defects with our window film or have questions during the installation, please message us directly, we will give you the best solution.
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Cons - none yet, will assess longevity in a few months.
I finally gave up on tension rods and wanted something more than curtains for the brutal SoCal sun through my southwest facing master windows. This item fit the bill perfectly; reversible, so no permanent commitment; just clings, so no damage; best part, no rods/screws/tapes/accessories!
My $0.02 is, ignore the enclosed cutting instructions abt cutting an inch bigger then using utility knife to trim excess after installing. If one's not a moron and has a reasonably steady hand, you can easily cut out the EXACT size needed. I followed cutting instructions to the letter for the 1st window, got smart, ignored instructions and did the next one my way. The results speak for themselves (see pix), but more importantly, my way took a grand total of 20 seconds vs. the 5-10 mnts spent on the recommended way. The rest of all advice incl. soapy water spray, thoroughly cleaning window, credit card squeegy'ing work perfectly.
UPDATE Nov 4, 2019:
Updating re: CONS as promised. Happy to report it's holding steady as good as it was Day 1 without any issues, which means all pros and no cons!