Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Velleman PSSMV1USA 3-12Vdc Switching Power Supply
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Specifications for this item
|UPC||836479003835 , 836479003811 , 789164072107 , 642008689612|
|EAN||0642008689612 , 0836479003811 , 0836479003835 , 0789164072107|
|Number of Items||1|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Get rid of those bulky power-hungry heat-producing mains adapters.
These adaptors use state-of-the-art switching power supplies and feature some major advantages such as:
- cooler running
- stabilized output
- short-circuit and overload protection
- compact design
- very low idling consumption
- supply voltage: 100 ~ 230V AC 15%
- power: 10W
- efficiency: > 80%
- output voltages: 3, 4.5, 6, 7.5, 9, 12V DC
- output current: 800mA (regulated) / 1.5A max.
- plugs: 2.5mm mono, 3.5mm mono, 1.0x3.0mm, 1.35x3.5mm, 1.7x4.0mm, 2.1x5.0mm, 2.5x5.5mm, 1.5x5.5mm
- dimensions: 2.6" x 1.1" x 2.9"
- weight: 3.0 oz
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I am extremely satisfied, this power supply is far superior to any OEM supply because it is electronically regulated: the voltage you set is actually the voltage you get (some OEM power supplies have outputs up to 70% higher than the intended voltage).
Also, this power supply does not heat up (again, because it is electronically regulated), and therefore less likely to overheat and fail.
One word of advice, though: I recommend putting some tape over the voltage selector in order to avoid any accidental voltage switching, which can be deadly for the equipment connected to the power supply.
This power supply is so handy to have around because it's so versatile!
* Very easy to select different dc voltages.
* Comes with a good variety of adapter plugs. The pack of plugs can be easily attached to the cable using the cable's twist-tie so they're not lost.
* Nice design that allows you to configure the polarity (+/-) of the plug to meet the need of your device. Basically each adapter plug is labeled to indicate which way to use it.
* I've noticed some line noise with this power supply. Most devices will have no issue. However, I have a particular scenario with an fm radio having a hum sound coming from the radio's speakers when this is power supply is plugged into the same outlet. I'm not fully sure it's an issue with the power supply or if it's an issue with the fm radio; but the hum sound only occurs when this power supply is used on the same outlet.
This is a great item to have on hand in any household.
I did not get 10W max DC, I found printed in microscopic letters, at 12V it gives 0.5A, which is just 6W.
I did not get a rubber holder for the 8 plugs, they were in a tiny ziploc baggie.
I did not get the greenish translucent casing, it was a basic black opaque casing. Seems like a different model.
Very disappointed. Without the 10W, I cannot use it for the purpose I bought it.
I bought this for a vocal processing pedal, and it's great to be able to switch the polarity to negative-center, get the right voltage, and choose the plug which fits the best. The red voltage selector slider on mine is quite snug and stays in place very securely. I'm glad I didn't get one with a loose selector as others have. I love the small size of it! It's so much better to work with than those old, huge, chunky, wall-wart kind I've always had. This is the first time I've seen a smaller one available, and I love the idea of having a couple of these on hand in case I ever need to power something, instead of those huge heat-producing monstrosities of yesteryear!
The Velleman is very flexible -- you get:
- a lot of different ends to fit different devices;
- choice of 3-4.5-6-7.5-8-12 volts;
- plenty of current (which is fine, since a device is usually okay with too much current, but can have problems if the adapter's maximum current is too low);
- choice of positive or negative polarity, depending which way you attach one of the end plugs for the device to the power supply. (Make sure you get this right, so you don't cook your device...)
The Velleman feels well made and I would buy it again.
Another problem, the power supply was originally designed for Schuko type outlets and should have been redesigned with our outlets in mind. Not removing the unnecessary wide circular base made the other outlets on a power strip beside it difficult or impossible to use.