Velleman PSSMV1USA 3-12Vdc Switching Power Supply
|Price:||$12.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Specifications for this item
|UPC||836479003835 , 836479003811 , 642008689612|
|EAN||0642008689612 , 0836479003811 , 0836479003835|
|Item Weight||6.4 ounces|
|Number of Items||1|
|Overall Height||1.77 inches|
|Overall Length||5.71 inches|
|Overall Width||9.06 inches|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Get rid of those bulky power-hungry heat-producing mains adapters.
These adaptors use state-of-the-art switching power supplies and feature some major advantages such as:
- cooler running
- stabilized output
- short-circuit and overload protection
- compact design
- very low idling consumption
- supply voltage: 100 ~ 230V AC 15%
- power: 10W
- efficiency: > 80%
- output voltages: 3, 4.5, 6, 7.5, 9, 12V DC
- output current: 800mA (regulated) / 1.5A max.
- plugs: 2.5mm mono, 3.5mm mono, 1.0x3.0mm, 1.35x3.5mm, 1.7x4.0mm, 2.1x5.0mm, 2.5x5.5mm, 1.5x5.5mm
- dimensions: 2.6" x 1.1" x 2.9"
- weight: 3.0 oz
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 5:06 Mins|
I recently had a portable voice recorder fried by a Coby "universal" AC adapter only to discover that it delivered a much higher voltage than I set it for. For light loads, such unregulated universal adapters will deliver more voltage than desired potentially damaging electronics that don't have (enough) over-voltage protection built-in. Upon checking with a meter, I observed an output of ~10V with the voice recorder attached instead of the 3V I set it for.
Even with no load attached, the Velleman compact switching DC adapter produces exactly what it is set for. The next time I have to replace another AC adapter, I will be buying another Velleman compact switching DC power adapter (and will likely even pick up a spare before the need arises ;-).
I am extremely satisfied, this power supply is far superior to any OEM supply because it is electronically regulated: the voltage you set is actually the voltage you get (some OEM power supplies have outputs up to 70% higher than the intended voltage).
Also, this power supply does not heat up (again, because it is electronically regulated), and therefore less likely to overheat and fail.
One word of advice, though: I recommend putting some tape over the voltage selector in order to avoid any accidental voltage switching, which can be deadly for the equipment connected to the power supply.
The most important thing you need to know is that there is really no such thing as a truly "universal" DC adapter. So while this will probably work for most people in most applications, if you want to avoid disappointment, do yourself a favor, and take five minutes to answer the questions below. All this information SHOULD be on the back of the DC adapter you are replacing, although it is often in painfully small print and difficult to read.
(1) Does the voltage on the old adapter match one of the settings on this new adapter? (6v, 9v, etc.)
(2) Can you tell which part of the tip of the old adapter is carrying positive voltage now? Most, but not all adapters should have a little diagram showing you which part of the tip carries the positive voltage. If it isn't on the adapter, the diagram is sometimes right on the device itself, showing what needs to be plugged into it. If you can't figure it out, you have a 50% chance of sending the power down the wrong side of the tip, which could conceivably just fry your device. And no, nobody but you is going to pay for fixing the thing you killed by setting this up wrong. So it is pretty important to figure this out and get it right.
(3) Does the existing device need less than 1.5 Amps of power?Read more ›
Looking at other reviews, I see many serious problems being reported which are likely due to unfamiliarity with these units. Even if one is familiar with electronics, Amazon's listing as of 1/21/2014 fails to provide information that is necessary to decide if this adapter is actually usable! Here is what you need to know:
1. This adapter can be plugged into a U.S. 110 to 120VAC receptacle, but with a suitable plug adapter will work safely on 100 to 230Vac service just about anywhere in the world.
2. This unit can be set to deliver 3, 4.5, 6, 7.5, 9, or 12V DC output. This is not listed. Note that 5 volts is not available (the 4.5V setting MAY work). In general, using a voltage setting other than your device specifies can damage it.
3. Output current is limited to 800mA in regulated mode (output voltage controlled accurately); It can deliver as much as 1.5A (1500mA) max, but you lose the accurate regulation. Few similar adapters regulate voltage, so this is probably OK. If the output current rating of the adapter is HIGHER than your device's, that is fine. But if it is LOWER than your device's, operation may be unreliable, if the thing works at all. And some devices can be damaged. Amazon MUST list the current rating!
4.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Have got a ton of use out of this and it's still going strong. The adaptors make this a must have for anybody with multiple DC power requirements. Highly recommended.Published 2 days ago by John D Ekstromer
Works just as described. Pleasantly pleased with the purchase. No concerns.Published 2 days ago by Brian R. Tilley
Alert alert- you better know the polarity of connector you are plugging into because this unit has a choice of many connectors and they are not keyed so you could be putting + on... Read morePublished 7 days ago by mcjudy
This powers my Markbass Compressore bass compressor pedal, which did not come with an AC adapter and doesn't work with any common guitar pedal power adapter. Read morePublished 11 days ago by djdanlib
work perfectly fine with old turntable, mine needed a negative-centered and it works great. there is no issues even I used this in KoreaPublished 16 days ago by Amazon Customer
Fast delivery. works as advertised. very satisfied with purchase process and product.Published 17 days ago by Amazon Customer