Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to drops, spills and cracked screens and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Vello FreeWave Wireless Remote Shutter Release for Nikon DC-2 Connection - D90, D3100, D5000, D5100, D7000
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 16 Million Possible Channels / Operates on Radio Frequencies (RF)
- Direct Line of Sight Not Required / Operating Range up to 320' (100 m)
- Wireless Continuous or Single Exposures / Long Time Exposures
- Transmitter Can Fire Multiple Receivers
- Wireless Autofocusing & Triggering
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Whether capturing images in the studio or on location, the Vello FreeWave Wireless Remote Shutter Release adds flexibility and versatility to your shooting style. This particular FreeWave unit is compatible with cameras with a mini-USB connection, i.e. Nikon D90, D3100, D5000 and D7000 DSLRs.
This versatile shutter release features Smart Code technology which allows it to be configured to operate on up to 16 million possible radio channels. You can easily switch channels to "zero in" on a frequency that provides optimal range and functionality.
Nikon: D90, D3100, D5000, D5100 and D7000
The FreeWave's Smart Code feature allows you to operate on 16,000,000 possible radio channels. No DIP switches need to be set, and one transmitter can trigger multiple receivers. The units have been synchronized at the factory, so your system can work right out of the box. However, to maximize signal quality and range, it is best to use the Smart Code technology to sense the "quiet" frequencies in your environment and re-synchronize on that channel.
The FreeWave can fire the camera's shutter from distances up to 320 feet (100 meters).
Trigger your camera wirelessly or wired. Wired triggering even works if the receiver battery is dead or missing.
Press the transmitter's button half way to focus; press it fully to trigger the shutter.
The two-second delay function gives you extra time to get into position.
You can take multiple shots with one press of the trigger.
With the FreeWave you can control the length of the exposure remotely.
Two LED indicators confirm pre-focus and exposure when in the wireless mode.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It is simple to assemble onto your hotshoe and one simple press of a button on the receiver and the remote. This one in particular allows you to use it from very far distances and unlike the infrared one that requires the remote directly communicate with the receiver you can hide the remote in your pocket snap the delay button and get ready for your shot!
Also comes with a guide for shooting certain styles with the remote.
This is a great buy worth every penny. I am already using this like crazy and convincing others I am studying with and my partners to do the same.
My only suggestion for improvement is to offer an alternative mechanism for attachment (not sure exactly how). Most of the time mounting on the hot shoe is fine - but there are times when I want a flash or remote flash command unit on the hot shoe and I have to jury rig something so the receiver isn't just dangling loose. I've wrapped the cord around a knob on my tripod head, but that isn't ideal.
Bottom line - I love this remote release!
When I use it during Bulb exposure, it seems after 4-5 seconds, it will automatically hold the shutter open until you press the button again. This makes it much easier than holding the button in for however long you wish.
I made a pocket on my tripod to put the receiver in so it doesn't sit in the hot shoe. It does get in the way of the built in flash.
If you want a wireless shutter release, I would say this one would be a nice, low cost device for you.
I love mine.
I would recommend this remote for users of the Nikon D3100 SLR!