Vello TTL-Off-Camera Flash Cord for Canon EOS - 1.5' (0.5 m)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compatible with Canon E-TTL / E-TTL II | 1Coiled Cord
- Mounts to Flash Shoe
- Mounts to 1/4"-20 Threaded Studs
- Allows Off-Camera Triggering of Flash
- Limited 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty
Customers who bought this item also bought
|Item Dimensions||1.8 x 2.5 x 5.9 inches|
|Item Weight||0.26 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||0.31 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item Vello TTL-Off-Camera Flash Cord for Canon EOS - 1.5' (0.5 m)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||M Z Photo||DigiKit||iStockOnline||VIDEO CAMERA CENTER|
|Item Dimensions||2.5 x 5.9 x 1.8 in||92.52 x 15.75 x 25.59 in||3 x 6.5 x 1.8 in||6 x 4 x 4 in||3.3 x 7.1 x 2 in||3.5 x 5.25 x 8.75 in|
The 1.5'Vello TTL-Off-Camera Flash Cord provides creative photographers with the ability to remotely fire Canon flashes with E-TTL / E-TTL II capabilities. Removing the flash from the camera's hot shoe allows the photographer to create unique and dramatic lighting styles that are not possible with a traditional shoe-mounted strobe. This coiled cord measures 1.5', which is enough distance to accommodate hand-held lighting styles, or when keeping the flash mounted on a compact flash bracket. Also, off-camera lighting reduces the harsh shadows commonly encountered with direct on-camera flashes and gives your photographs a more natural look.
One side of the TTL cable fits directly into the camera's hot shoe to ensure that all of the camera's exposure data is maintained. The other side can be attached to any stand, tripod, or device with a standard 1/4"-20 threaded stud or flash shoe mount and the shoe has a locking knob to ensure your equipment is secure.
Canon SLR/DSLR cameras with TTL hot shoe
All E-TTL and E-TTL II compatible flashes (e.g. 430EX/EX II, 580 EX/EX II, etc.)
Off-camera lighting can reduce harsh shadows of direct on-camera flash and gives your images a more natural look.
1.5' / 0.5 m Coiled Cord
The 1.5' length accommodates off-camera hand-held technique.
Length: 1.5' (0.5 m) extended 9" (25 cm) relaxed
Top customer reviews
1. Works great with E-TTL and TTL based cameras.
No fuss, no mess, it just works. Other cords I've used work intermittently in that sometimes they need to be reseated, and the connector can twist causing intermittent connection of the contacts.
2. Camera side mount features a weather seal, quick release, and metal base.
When you slide this onto your camera, the fit is solid, and connection is good. Removal is easy. I can't speak to the true weather resistance, but it looks like it would help in a rainy shoot.
3. Flash mount is metal, and fits well.
4. Flash base has a 1/4-20 hole or can be attached to any standard hot-shoe, cold-shoe, or rail. There is a plastic spin-nut that lets you tighten the mount if attaching this way.
5. Length coiled (the cord only) is 11 inches (I physically measured this). If you're using this on a bracket, there won't be lots of cable dangling around. Remember also that you can still stretch the coiled cord to about 28 inches (cord only) if you need to. I consider this a "Pro" while others may not.
6. Cost. An OEM "OC-E3" comes in at about $68, where this unit is about $18 - WOW
1. The Flash base is plastic. Sadly, most are plastic - even the OEM version.
2. There is no PC port on the flash base. On some of the other cords I tried, having a PC port on the flash base was convenient for using non TTL flash heads that didn't have an option for using the flash shoe. If you're not doing this, then there's no reason to have this port.
3. There is no mention of the weather seal on the Vello. While the seal is there, and it feels good, it's up to you if you want to trust this to rain (If you're like me, you avoid getting your camera wet anyway)
That's it for now. I hope this review helps.
ETTL/TTL...not a problem. Which obviously means that it also works fully manual.
No delay & no misfires.
Slides on and off the camera just like the OEM flash or cable...and the flash does the same on the other end.
Is it short? Yes, but that's the point. Sure, one could wrap a long cord around their bracket but unless one needs a longer cable...this one fits the bill.
If you're thinking you could mount the flash on a stand well away from the camera...this is not for you. OTOH, if you're trying to get the flash onto a bracket instead on on top of the camera...go for it.