Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "BUNN BX-D Velocity Brew 10-Cup Coffee Brewer, High...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 43% off the $139.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
BUNN BX-D Velocity Brew 10-Cup Coffee Brewer, High Altitude
|Price:||$99.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$40.00 (29%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Made in USA and Imported
- Specifically designed for use in high altitude areas
- Brews 4 to 10 cups (20 to 50 ounces) in about three minutes
- Designed to remain on to keep the internal hot water tank heated and ready to go
- Unique sprayhead ensures even, complete coffee flavor extraction
- Stainless steel internal hot water tank keeps water heated to optimal brewing temperature of 200° F
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item: BUNN BX-D Velocity Brew 10-Cup Coffee Brewer, High Altitude
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
Instead of super heating the water immediately before spraying it over the grounds, this coffee maker has a stainless steel tank that stores hot water at around 200 degree fahrenheit. This enables the coffee maker to spray hot rather than super heated water over the grounds, eliminating the scorched taste and power surges associated with fast heating. Fresh water poured into the reservoir at the top flows into the bottom of the storage tank pushing hot water out the top onto the waiting coffee grounds making a hot pot of coffee in under three minutes. The storage tank takes about 15 minutes to heat the first time and will hold almost two carafes worth of water.
My last Bunn lasted 15 years and failed due to a design flaw, which has been fixed in this model. Other coffee brewers were lucky to last 5 years.
My old Bunn coffee maker had the hot water tank in direct contact with the water reservoir in the top of the maker. This contact caused the water reservoir to disintegrate and leak whenever fresh water was poured into the coffee maker.
In the new model, this contact point is removed, separating the hot water tank from the water reservoir by about 1/2 inch. In addition, the reservoir now has a valve that doesn't release the water into the hot water tank until the cover on the reservoir is closed. No more spilled water if you're not fast enough with the carafe or forget the carafe needs to be in position before pouring in fresh water. This new feature also means no need to use and store the separate measuring/fill container.
My only problem with this design is the lack of insulation around the hot water tank.Read more ›
This is what I learned:
1) Use only Bunn coffee filters. They have higher sides and will keep the grounds from ending up in the coffee. You can buy them online at Amazon, the Bunn Gourmet website, or at Walmart in the store if you need them today. We make really strong coffee, so I have to put more grounds in the basket. The filters are really important.
2) The regular sprayhead does make the coffee go through really fast. If you call Bunn's customer service and tell them what model you have, they will send you a slower sprayhead for free. No charge. The customer service gal asked me which model I was going to buy and sent the sprayhead even before I had placed my order on Amazon! The slower sprayhead is also helpful if you have hard water, I believe she said-- The slower sprayhead is helpful for us because it takes longer for the water to go through the grounds, which makes the coffee stronger and it keeps the water from overflowing the full basket of grounds it has to go through.
3) Use filtered water from your sink or fridge in the coffee maker.
4) Bunn makers make a 5 oz. cup of coffee so adjust your ratios according to how strong you like your coffee. (My old Krups was a 4 oz. cup)
Because we like such strong coffee, we can only make about 8 5-oz.Read more ›
Standard grocery-store filters are shorter than the type that works best in this machine, but you can get by with the grocery-store variety. It just makes a little more mess in the grinds-basket.
You have to wait 15 minutes for the machine to heat the tank of water before you can turn on the drip coffee function. This is pain if you don't use it for more than one pot of coffee, but not really much more wait time than a standard brewer -- it just requires you come back after 15 minutes and click it on.
Retro "Denny's" look.
No programmable settings.
No programmable settings to learn.
Once heated, it makes very consistent coffee in 3 minutes. It sprays super-hot water all over the coffee grounds (in a circular pattern) so you get a really even flavor from all your grounds.
If you're making more than 1 pot of coffee, this machine is even better.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
best coffe pot made coffe in 3 mins whole pot if you buy it make sure to get bunn filters others are to smallPublished 17 days ago by joseph may
I,M SATISFIED WUWITH THE COFFEE MAKER AND I'M PLEASED WITH AMAZON PROMT DELIVERY.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
As usual they are great coffee makers. This is the third one that I have owned. They seem to last about 2 or 3 years, but they are worth it.Published 1 month ago by Karen Cottrell
After using a bunn coffee pot you will be hooked. Who wants to wait on coffee when this makes it so fast. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Wendy S.
Our old Bunn coffee brewer finally bit the dust so we, of course, bought another one. Love the speed in which it makes coffee and how clean it tastes. Read morePublished 1 month ago by MKayB
Love the Bunn. Have had one for years and years. But, significant design flaw. Water came out too fast and spilt the grounds all over the pot and ruined two pots of coffee. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Bill H.
We love this brewer. We bought the high altitude model to replace our standard model Bunn. The high altitude model is much faster than the standard, probably twice as fast, and... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated coffee makers in our Coffee Maker Reviews.