Other Sellers on Amazon
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Artist
Top Customer Reviews
I love the last two albums (especially WWN) and Vena Sera compares favorably. First of all, even though there are some melodic songs here, this cd rocks HARD. Not a ballad to be found and plenty of the crunching riffs that we all love from Chevelle. Yet I don't believe it's just "more of the same." They might be baby steps but the band does branch out a bit without sacrificing its trademark sound. Let's face it, if they lost the chunky guitar, it wouldn't be the same and we wouldn't like the band. I think this album delivers the best of both worlds.
If you like music that ROCKS and/or like Chevelle, this cd is a no-brainer. Get it now and get going. BTW, I just saw the band live for the first time last night and it was an incredible show. It's a lot of sound for three guys and they pull off every song. I also got to chat a bit with Sam (drummer) after the show and he is the nicest, most normal rock dude you've ever met. If you get a chance, don't miss the band in concert.
Embrace the best in hard rock music. Appreciate and enjoy one of the few great rock bands - and rock albums - in these very lean times!
Let me give you the run down as to why this is an incredible rock album.
1. The band has mastered the art of playing together. Each track is fast, tight, and smooth.
2. You most likely listen to Chevelle for their sound. I do. Therefore, I would not want them to pull what bands like Pearl Jam did and become "progressive". All this has done is taken a fantastic rock band and turned them into something I don't particularly like to listen to.
3. This album MUST be listened to more than twice. I agree that at first listen, the whole album sounds vaguely similar. Fine...you got me there. But have you actually LISTENED to the album. Listen to it one more time...but this time closely. The riffs, drums, vocals, and lyrics are amazing. Listen to 'Saturday' and tell me that this song doesnt get your adrenaline pumping. If it doesn't...then I recommend you start listening to another genre of music.
4. 'Vena Sera' is a refreshing back track to the sound of hard rock worth listening to. Chevelle seems to want to keep the hope of good hard rock and roll alive with this album.
5. Every song on this album can and should be listened to in full....aside from the last bonus track which sounds like it was written and produced as a PR tactic. I can't remember the last time I listened to an album in full.Read more ›
Opening with the addictive "Antisaint," which wears it's Tool influence proudly on it's sleeve, "Vena Sera" is, from start to finish, the heaviest and richest album Chevelle have come up with. Combining elements from all three previous albums, this is hands down, their best to date. The goal they set for themselves during the making of This Type Of Thinking Could Do Us In of creating songs that were faster and would sound better performed live has definitely paid-off here. There really aren't any mid-tempo hits to be found that resemble "The Red" or "Vitamin R (Leading Us Along)" and honestly, it's a breath of fresh air. Granted, the previous album was great in it's own right, but showed a band stuck in the mud, beginning to repeat a formula. On this album, however, they sound fresher than ever. Not only are the songs heavier and broader, but Pete has definitely fine-tuned his melodies to perfection. The layered "I Get It" is possibly the most radio-ready of the crowd, and makes good use of Pete's ever improving vocals.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Chevelle is my #1 all-time favorite band. I've seen them live, I've photographed them, and I've delved into each and every album. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Miles Berkland
Great release. This is a nice transition from their older style to a much more tight, refined style that you'll hear in future releases. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Another solid album. One of the few bands that can make every song on their albums awesome!Published 4 months ago by Fred Taylor
Came in great condition, and overall good songs. 'Well enough alone' is the albums highlightPublished 5 months ago by West B.
I love Chevelle and have all their CDs and this one is by far my favorite. the songs are well crafted and well sung. the music just blows you away with its raw energy. Read morePublished 5 months ago by K. Chaudry