Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 93 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 95 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 23, 2017
My experience is similar to the 2015 review by scihawk. This is an excellent sampler. I'm using these for intarsia and segmentation borders to highlight contrasting woods. I first used this technique with some 1/16" scrap strips from the table saw. However, I really didn't want to get into the business of trying to duplicate these strips, so i considered cutting off some strips from my wood identification kit. Then I came across this veneer pack - just the ticket. There's quite a variety included. I'm no veneer expert, but all of the pieces are usable - no major flaws that I could find. I would estimate half the pieces are curly, well-patterned, or burlwood - the other half appear to be non-descript domestic wood. A few were wavy, but a little warm water and a press fixes that. A good product IMHO
on January 31, 2014
First of all, this is just what I was looking for. And I got free shipping, which is cool. It came promptly, and like I said, it was just what I was looking for.
The only thing that bugs me is that there is absolutely no way to know what kind of wood you've received by the packaging or anything. I know it is a variety pack, but I wish there was some type of effort to label ANYTHING.
I'll be spending my weekend taxing these out to figure out what I've got.
Other than that, good product.
on August 9, 2016
This is honestly a beautiful selection and my mind is spinning with other project possibilities, but it did not work as planned for me (likely not the product's fault, but in case anyone is looking to use it similarly...). I wanted to use it in my Silhouette Curio to create cutouts. I know with weird projects like this there is a lot of trial and error, but at the end of the day this was a shade too flimsy to work for that purpose.
on May 30, 2016
I made a marquetry box for a friend using this. It's great quality and there are a lot of different wood species, many of which are very nice. They're all pretty flat and big enough for most small projects. They're also high quality (not dried-out, warped, or cracked). As with most variety packs, you'll get some things you'll never use, but it's still a good deal even if you only end up using the ones you like.
on July 7, 2017
Nice assortment of veneers. I just needed two tiny pieces about 1/4" x 1' and another 3/4" by 1 to repair and Lane Hope chest. Found great piece to match and will sent the rest to my woodworker brother in law. This gave us a nice choice .
on May 1, 2017
There are a few species I have no use for, but the vast majority are beautiful and will make fine inlays for my laser engraver.
Some complain about wrinkles, but they are veneers, that's to be expected, and has no bearing on a glued veneer. At .030 it offers no resistance to pressure.
$40.for 40 pieces, and some are magnificent examples of the natural beauty in burl, quarter sawn and chatoyant grain. I have no complaints.
on July 6, 2017
I got a lot of varieties of wood, all in excellent condition. None of this could be considered scrap, all will be put to excellent use.
on March 15, 2017
They should come with a description of what type of wood it is. Otherwise, pretty happy.
on May 26, 2017
This pack has a great selection of different woods. Very happy with it. Can't wait to start crafting with it!
on March 26, 2016
Great variety of pieces of veneer. Lots of different samples and varieties. This pack is vital for anyone interested in marquetry and parquetry.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.