- File Size: 1130 KB
- Print Length: 330 pages
- Publisher: Endeavour Press (February 27, 2017)
- Publication Date: February 27, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06XC31435
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #680,633 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$8.99|
Save $5.00 (56%)
Vengeance Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The best part of Vengeance is that, with this story, author Price not only continues his successful run of police thrillers (it really does take an ex cop to do the genre justice), but he also introduces Vinnie and company to the Byzantine labyrinth that is the Irish Troubles. I almost expected Liam
Devlin to pop up somewhere at the climatic press conference. (Fortunately, this doesn't actually happen, and that's my one obligatory attempt at humor done, so now I can get on with it.)
The premise that, 20 years after the violence in northern Ireland officially ended, the protagonists are still at odds with each other and the rest of society certainly seems plausible, and deserves further exploration. That aside, Mr. Price's handling of it here worked very well, in my opinion. Mind you, it was a bit hard to keep up with all the goings on; who's mad at who and why- but it felt believable regardless. Plus, if you like a bit of shock value in your stories, when you combine homicide investigation with terrorist activities, every chapter has a vivid example of such, shall we say, proclivity? Poor old Dempster's ear comes to mind. You'll see.
So, if you're a fan of police or Troubles thrillers, Mr. Price has very thoughtfully combined both genres into one with this book. Successfully too, I might add. As I said early on, don't expect to be able to put it down. My only wonder or quibble at this point is, when the hell will Vinnie and his reporter friend finally deepen their relationship? They both keep on being shot at, blown up, and going through so many pleasant experiences together- I just figure that at least one of them would try a little harder to initiate some stress reduction with the other before one or both of them wind up in a basket. Ah well. Something to look forward to?
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Police Procedurals
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Vigilante Justice
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Assassinations
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Conspiracies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Police Procedurals
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Assassinations
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Conspiracies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Crime