Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Ventura Economical Bolt-On Bicycle Carrier Rack, Adjustable Fit for 26"/28"/700c, Steel
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- [SOME BICYCLES WILL REQUIRE ADDITIONAL HARDWARE] For assistance with hardware or installation: call us at 1-877-BIKEAID (245-3243)
- [ADJUSTABLE] fits 26 IN. or 28 IN. bicycle tires, and features a fitting set to fit MOST BUT NOT ALL bike types
- [YOU WILL ALSO NEED] a 3 mm hex wrench/Allen key NOT INCLUDED
- [SPECIFICATIONS] lightweight, steel rack mounts to the back of your bicycle to help transport bags, panniers, cargo baskets and more at a 40 lb. weight limit - a reflector bracket and spring flap are also included!
- [INSTALLATION] An updated assembly guide is available, please see product photos and the bottom of this listing page!
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
The Ventura Brand Of Products Covers Everything from Chains to Locks to Lights
They all have one thing in common: Excellent price without sacrificing quality.
Ventura Urban Items Such As Our Racks, Kickstands, Baskets And Storage Units Keep Commuters Happy
This bicycle rack will fit on either a 26" or 700c bike. The fitting set will ensure that this rack will have a secure fit to your bike. The spring flap can be used to keep pannier bags from sliding around and adds an additional sense of security while riding. Please note: extra clamps may be required for seat tube or seat stay installation - and these are not included.
- Baskets and racks
- Bells, horns, mirrors
- Brakes and drivetrain components
- Helmets and apparel
- Saddles & Pedals
- Tools and storage solutions
- Hydration equipment and Tube accessories
|Ventura Carrier Rack||Ventura Alloy SO2 A Carrier Rack||Ventura BOLT-ON II Aluminum Rear Carrier Rack||Ventura Rear Rack With Pump Pegs||Ventura Rear Rack With Seatpost Attachment|
|Attachment||Rear wheel||Rear wheel||Rear wheel||Rear wheel||Seatpost|
|Weight||2.2 lbs||1.5 lbs||3 lbs||1.8 lbs||1 lbs|
|Wheel Size||26 & 700c (28 inches)||24-700c (28 Inches)||24-29 inches||24-29 inches||Seatpost 25-31.8 mm|
Other Products from Ventura
Ventura Quick Release Blue Wire Basket
-Steel net mesh with reinforcements with ergonomic handle.
- Clip-on bracket with quick release.
- Mounts at front with clip on quick release bracket for stem or handle bar.
- Very firm and high quality design with reinforced main and auxiliary bars.
- 35 x 25 x 25 cm dimensions and available in multiple colors.
Ventura Rivets Saddle
- Imitation leather cover.
- Stainless steel rivets.
- 278 mm long by 153 mm wide.
- Weighs only 297 grams.
- Nine Colors Available.
Ventura Semi In-Mold Cycling Helmet
- Semi In-Mold plastic Microshell with integrated safety foam.
- 24 big vents for great air circulation with fly nets.
- Removable visor and rear reflective bands.
- Easy-adjust soft RING System.
- Great multi-color design.
Ventura Mini Folding Multi Tool 18 in 1
- 18 functions.
- 2/2.5/3/4/5/6/8 mm hardened steel Allen keys.
- 1 flat head screwdriver.
- 1 Phillips head screwdriver.
- 1 chain rivet extractor.
- Max Weight ~40 pounds.
- When attatching baggage or a child carrier, they must be secured in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- Do not allow straps to hang freely, in which they can be caught inside a wheel.
26" or 700c Height Adjustment and Mounting
Click enlarge image to view step by step instructions.
- Connect the legs to the rack. The straight bar of each leg should connect to the rear of the rack, while the angled bar connects to the front. The legs should attach on the inside of the rack connectors.
- Connect the rack legs to the bottom rack mount boss.
- Choose one of the mount systems, determined by the bicycle frame attachments available. See left picture larger.
- Connect the appropriate mount to bicycle frame attachment, determined in step three. Using clamps if necessary bicycle frame attachments are not available.
- Attach the front mount to the outside of the horizontal stays. There are four holes to choose from depending on where you would like the rack positioned.
- Adjust according to preferences and tighten screws.
The Ventura carrier racks are the perfect accessory for all bags and baskets.
The Ventura Standard Bicycle Carrier Rack mounts to the back of your bicycle to help you easily transport your gear. This durable steel rack can carry up to 40 pounds, and is ideally used with panniers, backpacks, baskets, and more. It's adjustable for 26- or 28-inch bicycle tires and features a fitting set for most bikes. A reflector bracket and spring flap are also included.See all Product description
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
1,615 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-5 of 1,615 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The mount to the crossbar had to be drilled out to a larger hole, because the stock bolt would not fit though it.
I ended up stripping 2 of the 3 screws that I did get. The heads on the hex screws are very weak, I recommend against using them.
Replaced all the hex screws since I was shorted 3 of them anyway. That way, the size matches.
The seat post side on the rack was not welded right, so I had to grind down a weld to fit the seat bracket on.
Based on other reviews, I kind of knew this wasn't the best quality. However, it saved me a lot of work on fabricating my own from scratch. I knew what I was getting into, so I gave 2 stars instead of 1. Once fixed though with the stronger hardware and some locktite on the screws, it is quite sturdy. I recommend against this specific rack if you are looking for something that will simply bolt on and go.
Installation was not 100 percent great. I had to use the extender attachment, even though I actually have attachment points on my bike for a luggage rack, because without it the rack leaned too far inward. There weren't enough screws included with the rack. I had to juggle around existing screws from various attachment points on the bike (hope I don't need a water bottle rack anytime soon). Most importantly, there was NO SCREW for the center piece of the extender rack. For me, that was not a problem because there was a screw already in place at the corresponding attachment point, however the screw was just slightly too big in diameter to fit through the center piece. And I didn't have a nut to secure it on the other side, which I think would be a nice addition for a load-bearing rack.
Solution: I rode over to the local hardware store where they quickly resized the center piece hole so that the screw fit through, and I purchased a locking nut to secure it in place.
So far the rack has done its job well. I just bungee on my backpack or grocery bag with no problems. But I will probably upgrade to a better quality rack in the near future. This one is great for a budget-conscious rider who isn't planning to strap 100 pounds of gear and pannier bags and whatever to their bike and go touring, and just needs a rack on their commuter bike.
But I really urge the manufacturer to add extra screws, including one for the extender piece, and honestly, those adjustable extender arms? They could be a lot longer, so the rack would actually fit properly without the need for the extender attachment.