Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Size: 50-Disc|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,353 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,540 reviews
on August 26, 2016
Burned every disk, not one error.

I have utilized these Verbatim brand 16X disks in both my DMR-EH50S Panasonic DVD Recorder (recording content from the TV to its hard drive and afterward in the wake of altering the substance, copying it to DVD media) and additionally my PC's NEC ND-3500AG 16X DVD copier and everything I can say is the way satisfied I have been.

These blaze quick at 16X and I have not had any disappointments utilizing them - positively no mistakes in this way!

I have utilized other mainstream brands of 16X speed DVD media including Taiyo Yuden, Philips, Maxell, Memorex, TDK keeping in mind those additionally have copied reliably (with a couple of special cases) there is one capacity I have seen that the Verbatim brand has that those different brands don't. Also, that is I can press more video and document content onto these Verbatim disks though with those different brands I can't! There is somewhat more storage room on these! That has had any kind of effect at basic minutes in which I expected to fit those additional couple of megabytes onto the same disk.

I am on my third 25 disk spindle and without a doubt will settle on the 100 disk spindle when the time comes to recharge my supply.

I have concluded that I won't utilize any of those different brands until either the assembling nature of these progressions for the more awful or they quit making them by and large - I trust neither happens.
on July 30, 2016
Very happy so far with the quality of these Discs. I have been experimenting with backing up my movies and preparing them to view on my iPad, Android or PC. Here is what I found so far:

I can fit 4 MP4s on a disc OR one DVD Movie using MPEG2 with a bitrate of 4,000 When I did it at the default 9000 it said I did not have enough room on the disk. My intent was to gradually increase the bitrate for better quality until I could go no higher. But then I did some research and found I could be using BOV which then eliminated the step of adjusting the bitrate. All went well and it was much simpler.

I have not tried to fit more than one movie yet and I am not sure it is even necessary for me. Although I do intend to experiment a bit more. I am a little rusty at burning DVDs (It's been a very long time). and since I had to do a little research I wanted to put it out there for anyone else in the same boat. Hope it helps eliminate some steps.

It may be possible I can fit more than 4 MP4s and I will update my review if I find I can. So far no coasters.
on June 5, 2016
Good price.

Disclaimer:
I am under no obligation to provide a positive review and received no incentives or rewards for doing so. My aim is to highlight features and drawbacks that I would want to know about as a buyer, not hype the product for the manufacturer to increase sales. My remarks are sincere and true. I work very hard trying to write insightful and thoughtful reviews for each item. My hope is that these reviews are helpful to others. If it did not, please comment with how I can improve; this helps me to be a better reviewer. While it is true that many items are received at discounted rates or complimentary, my reviews are completely unbiased as well as honest and are my personal experiences and opinion of the product. Once again, it is just my own opinion and experience with the product, your own opinion and experience may vary. I received no monetary compensation and not required to give a good review. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission Guidelines on Testimony and Advertising
on February 18, 2016
I purchased these to make copies of my wedding video to give to friends and family. In the past I have had issues with burning DVDs and the write speeds often varied from DVD to DVD.

My DVD burner has a max speed of 16x and these DVD's have a max write speed of 16x. I burned my DVDs using a windows application called CyberLink Power2Go. I have burned about 35 DVD's so far and have not had one error message or wasted DVD. In the past I have used other brands and did often have a few wasted DVDs lost due to errors while burning.

Another aspect of the DVD's that I like is that they are easy to write on with a sharpie marker without it smearing.
on September 16, 2016
Been using Verbatim DVD-R and DVD+R disc since the burners became available. I use them for secondary backups (hard drives as primary) and for videos and movies sent to family. Periodically I get a bad copy but that is true of every brand; Verbatim is no worse than any other brand and has been better than some and much better than some. My copies are for personal use and are made on my home computers. I do have multiple burners available and when I have a problem I switch burners or readers depending on the problem - usually the problem reading a burnt disc has been due to the heads being aligned different between the burner and the reader; sometimes the problem is the software being used or even the hardware. Overall I like Verbatim disc, will continue to use them and I highly recommend them.
on January 24, 2016
Can't understand why these DVD discs are still available especially in this website. Years ago Verbatim was a popular company known for their audio discs. Unfortunately recording TV programs using these blank discs have proven to be a huge mistake in my part. The visual quality on each disc is poor and the burning fails with errors one after another. Without a doubt they're defective and would not record. The only positive I've got from this recent purchase is that I paid with free shipping only $2.86 so all is not lost. I highly recommend to avoid this set at all costs. Stick to other popular brands like Maxell for superior recordings and downloadings.
on July 10, 2016
Another great blank disc brand. I've used Verbatim since the days of cassette tapes and I have to say that they've NEVER made a disappointing product that I've come in contact with. These are quality made. Unlike many brands, I've never had a read/write error with Verbatim. I will say that they're not exactly the cheapest brand but if you're happy with a slightly higher price for a better quality product, then this is the one for you! They were one of the very first in the industry that made a name for themselves in high quality and they're still doing it in today 'lower cost/lower quality' world. Very top of the line product! If you don't mind spending a dollar or two more (per spindle) for a better product, then buy these. I would highly recommend them!
on December 4, 2014
These have one subtle feature which I have not seen described elsewhere: they are tough to burn. In an older machine, such as the Pioneer DVR-231/AV with perhaps 2500 burns, you may find that it takes four burns to get one that works. The Pioneer often has the buffers lock up, and you need to detach from the power then. With the AZO it will appear to record, but then there is nothing apparently written into the directory. Or it will "shut-off" after a few seconds. With Verbatim Life or TDKs, no problems with the Pioneer - about 1 "bad" burn every 200-300 disks, which could be a defect on the disk. In general, you apparently cannot use the AZOs in such an older machine. With the Magnavox MDR 537H or equivalent, even though I have about 2000 burns, no detectable problems so far - no "disappearing directories" yet. But while these may be more stable than an ordinary disk, it appears that they need a fresh laser to properly burn them. They are, indeed, apparently a "tougher burn" than an ordinary DVD. Get a box of 50 first to test compatibility with your machine.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 13, 2014
The convenience of having DVDs available is something you cannot describe. When you dont have them, and have to go to the grocery store for one, you can pay as much for 1-2 as you do for 50 like these. So I always like to make sure I have them.

These are top of the line, and exceptional for the price. Verbatim has made magnetic media since day one, about 40 years or so and is the best. Many have come and gone in that time, but verbatim remains.

I have gone through a few of these spindles over the years and I think with using over 100 of these I had ONE that didn't work. It could have been my fault or my dvd player too, not sure, but my point is that they are almost perfect and you can depend on the fact that if you need one, its going to work.
on January 29, 2016
Quality control on these discs is horrible. When I first started using these a few months ago, they were great. So I ordered 15 of the 50 disc spindles. Almost 95% of these discs turned out to be coasters - they would not finish a complete burn and would always have an error message. I can't believe how many hours I wasted on this junk. Sure, maybe you get 20 or 30 bad discs, but to say over 700 in one batch are failing - that's just incredible.