Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Size: 50-Disc|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,379 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,567 reviews
on August 26, 2016
Burned every disk, not one error.

I have utilized these Verbatim brand 16X disks in both my DMR-EH50S Panasonic DVD Recorder (recording content from the TV to its hard drive and afterward in the wake of altering the substance, copying it to DVD media) and additionally my PC's NEC ND-3500AG 16X DVD copier and everything I can say is the way satisfied I have been.

These blaze quick at 16X and I have not had any disappointments utilizing them - positively no mistakes in this way!

I have utilized other mainstream brands of 16X speed DVD media including Taiyo Yuden, Philips, Maxell, Memorex, TDK keeping in mind those additionally have copied reliably (with a couple of special cases) there is one capacity I have seen that the Verbatim brand has that those different brands don't. Also, that is I can press more video and document content onto these Verbatim disks though with those different brands I can't! There is somewhat more storage room on these! That has had any kind of effect at basic minutes in which I expected to fit those additional couple of megabytes onto the same disk.

I am on my third 25 disk spindle and without a doubt will settle on the 100 disk spindle when the time comes to recharge my supply.

I have concluded that I won't utilize any of those different brands until either the assembling nature of these progressions for the more awful or they quit making them by and large - I trust neither happens.
on July 30, 2016
Very happy so far with the quality of these Discs. I have been experimenting with backing up my movies and preparing them to view on my iPad, Android or PC. Here is what I found so far:

I can fit 4 MP4s on a disc OR one DVD Movie using MPEG2 with a bitrate of 4,000 When I did it at the default 9000 it said I did not have enough room on the disk. My intent was to gradually increase the bitrate for better quality until I could go no higher. But then I did some research and found I could be using BOV which then eliminated the step of adjusting the bitrate. All went well and it was much simpler.

I have not tried to fit more than one movie yet and I am not sure it is even necessary for me. Although I do intend to experiment a bit more. I am a little rusty at burning DVDs (It's been a very long time). and since I had to do a little research I wanted to put it out there for anyone else in the same boat. Hope it helps eliminate some steps.

It may be possible I can fit more than 4 MP4s and I will update my review if I find I can. So far no coasters.
on June 5, 2016
Good price.

Disclaimer:
I am under no obligation to provide a positive review and received no incentives or rewards for doing so. My aim is to highlight features and drawbacks that I would want to know about as a buyer, not hype the product for the manufacturer to increase sales. My remarks are sincere and true. I work very hard trying to write insightful and thoughtful reviews for each item. My hope is that these reviews are helpful to others. If it did not, please comment with how I can improve; this helps me to be a better reviewer. While it is true that many items are received at discounted rates or complimentary, my reviews are completely unbiased as well as honest and are my personal experiences and opinion of the product. Once again, it is just my own opinion and experience with the product, your own opinion and experience may vary. I received no monetary compensation and not required to give a good review. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission Guidelines on Testimony and Advertising
on September 16, 2016
Been using Verbatim DVD-R and DVD+R disc since the burners became available. I use them for secondary backups (hard drives as primary) and for videos and movies sent to family. Periodically I get a bad copy but that is true of every brand; Verbatim is no worse than any other brand and has been better than some and much better than some. My copies are for personal use and are made on my home computers. I do have multiple burners available and when I have a problem I switch burners or readers depending on the problem - usually the problem reading a burnt disc has been due to the heads being aligned different between the burner and the reader; sometimes the problem is the software being used or even the hardware. Overall I like Verbatim disc, will continue to use them and I highly recommend them.
on December 4, 2014
These have one subtle feature which I have not seen described elsewhere: they are tough to burn. In an older machine, such as the Pioneer DVR-231/AV with perhaps 2500 burns, you may find that it takes four burns to get one that works. The Pioneer often has the buffers lock up, and you need to detach from the power then. With the AZO it will appear to record, but then there is nothing apparently written into the directory. Or it will "shut-off" after a few seconds. With Verbatim Life or TDKs, no problems with the Pioneer - about 1 "bad" burn every 200-300 disks, which could be a defect on the disk. In general, you apparently cannot use the AZOs in such an older machine. With the Magnavox MDR 537H or equivalent, even though I have about 2000 burns, no detectable problems so far - no "disappearing directories" yet. But while these may be more stable than an ordinary disk, it appears that they need a fresh laser to properly burn them. They are, indeed, apparently a "tougher burn" than an ordinary DVD. Get a box of 50 first to test compatibility with your machine.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 13, 2014
The convenience of having DVDs available is something you cannot describe. When you dont have them, and have to go to the grocery store for one, you can pay as much for 1-2 as you do for 50 like these. So I always like to make sure I have them.

These are top of the line, and exceptional for the price. Verbatim has made magnetic media since day one, about 40 years or so and is the best. Many have come and gone in that time, but verbatim remains.

I have gone through a few of these spindles over the years and I think with using over 100 of these I had ONE that didn't work. It could have been my fault or my dvd player too, not sure, but my point is that they are almost perfect and you can depend on the fact that if you need one, its going to work.
on January 29, 2016
Quality control on these discs is horrible. When I first started using these a few months ago, they were great. So I ordered 15 of the 50 disc spindles. Almost 95% of these discs turned out to be coasters - they would not finish a complete burn and would always have an error message. I can't believe how many hours I wasted on this junk. Sure, maybe you get 20 or 30 bad discs, but to say over 700 in one batch are failing - that's just incredible.
on March 9, 2015
How the mighty have fallen...Verbatim USED to be the gold standard for blank DVDs... but this latest batch had error after error..when they would burn at all...and no, it's NOT the fault of my burner, since other discs have worked just fine. Very disappointed, not to mention a complete waste of $$$
on March 29, 2015
I've been burning DVDs for nearly a decade now, everything from photo slideshows, to other videos, and custom DVD menus for friends, and have hardly EVER had any disc errors with Verbatim. In my experience, Memorex is another very reliable brand. It's also in my experience that the faster you burn data to a disc, it becomes exponentially more likely to encounter playback/read errors. ALWAYS burn at the lowest possible burn speed. All the reviews that claim playback errors occur frequently blah blah are the people who most likely burn at the fastest possible burn speed all the time. You must be a patient when burning data to a disc. Laser diodes are extremely sensitive to shock and other high-intensity activity going on inside the computer tower (ie too much heat or dust).

Be patient, take proper care for your computer, and make sure to keep the discs spit-shine clean and scratch-free before burning data, and you shouldn't have any problems at all!
on August 15, 2016
There are many different types of DVDs you can buy. The reason some last many, many years, while others degrade and become unreadable after just a few years, has to do with the kind of backing that they use. This backing also explains why different DVDs have different colors- it's the type of backing. Verbatim uses a good-quality one that lasts many years. It also claims to have a lifetime warranty. So far, all the DVDs I have burned have appeared to be flawless. Regarding the +DVD vs -DVD debate, there's not a lot of difference between the two, and you can find out more easily online.