BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Verbatim 4.7GB up to 16x Branded Recordable Disc AZO DVD-R 50-Disc Spindle 95101
Size: 50-Disc|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on July 30, 2016
Very happy so far with the quality of these Discs. I have been experimenting with backing up my movies and preparing them to view on my iPad, Android or PC. Here is what I found so far:

I can fit 4 MP4s on a disc OR one DVD Movie using MPEG2 with a bitrate of 4,000 When I did it at the default 9000 it said I did not have enough room on the disk. My intent was to gradually increase the bitrate for better quality until I could go no higher. But then I did some research and found I could be using BOV which then eliminated the step of adjusting the bitrate. All went well and it was much simpler.

I have not tried to fit more than one movie yet and I am not sure it is even necessary for me. Although I do intend to experiment a bit more. I am a little rusty at burning DVDs (It's been a very long time). and since I had to do a little research I wanted to put it out there for anyone else in the same boat. Hope it helps eliminate some steps.

It may be possible I can fit more than 4 MP4s and I will update my review if I find I can. So far no coasters.
on September 16, 2016
Been using Verbatim DVD-R and DVD+R disc since the burners became available. I use them for secondary backups (hard drives as primary) and for videos and movies sent to family. Periodically I get a bad copy but that is true of every brand; Verbatim is no worse than any other brand and has been better than some and much better than some. My copies are for personal use and are made on my home computers. I do have multiple burners available and when I have a problem I switch burners or readers depending on the problem - usually the problem reading a burnt disc has been due to the heads being aligned different between the burner and the reader; sometimes the problem is the software being used or even the hardware. Overall I like Verbatim disc, will continue to use them and I highly recommend them.
on December 4, 2014
These have one subtle feature which I have not seen described elsewhere: they are tough to burn. In an older machine, such as the Pioneer DVR-231/AV with perhaps 2500 burns, you may find that it takes four burns to get one that works. The Pioneer often has the buffers lock up, and you need to detach from the power then. With the AZO it will appear to record, but then there is nothing apparently written into the directory. Or it will "shut-off" after a few seconds. With Verbatim Life or TDKs, no problems with the Pioneer - about 1 "bad" burn every 200-300 disks, which could be a defect on the disk. In general, you apparently cannot use the AZOs in such an older machine. With the Magnavox MDR 537H or equivalent, even though I have about 2000 burns, no detectable problems so far - no "disappearing directories" yet. But while these may be more stable than an ordinary disk, it appears that they need a fresh laser to properly burn them. They are, indeed, apparently a "tougher burn" than an ordinary DVD. Get a box of 50 first to test compatibility with your machine.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 13, 2014
The convenience of having DVDs available is something you cannot describe. When you dont have them, and have to go to the grocery store for one, you can pay as much for 1-2 as you do for 50 like these. So I always like to make sure I have them.

These are top of the line, and exceptional for the price. Verbatim has made magnetic media since day one, about 40 years or so and is the best. Many have come and gone in that time, but verbatim remains.

I have gone through a few of these spindles over the years and I think with using over 100 of these I had ONE that didn't work. It could have been my fault or my dvd player too, not sure, but my point is that they are almost perfect and you can depend on the fact that if you need one, its going to work.
on March 9, 2015
How the mighty have fallen...Verbatim USED to be the gold standard for blank DVDs... but this latest batch had error after error..when they would burn at all...and no, it's NOT the fault of my burner, since other discs have worked just fine. Very disappointed, not to mention a complete waste of $$$
on March 29, 2015
I've been burning DVDs for nearly a decade now, everything from photo slideshows, to other videos, and custom DVD menus for friends, and have hardly EVER had any disc errors with Verbatim. In my experience, Memorex is another very reliable brand. It's also in my experience that the faster you burn data to a disc, it becomes exponentially more likely to encounter playback/read errors. ALWAYS burn at the lowest possible burn speed. All the reviews that claim playback errors occur frequently blah blah are the people who most likely burn at the fastest possible burn speed all the time. You must be a patient when burning data to a disc. Laser diodes are extremely sensitive to shock and other high-intensity activity going on inside the computer tower (ie too much heat or dust).

Be patient, take proper care for your computer, and make sure to keep the discs spit-shine clean and scratch-free before burning data, and you shouldn't have any problems at all!
on January 20, 2016
I am that camera obsessed Mom that loves to capture as many moments as possible on camera and because of this obsessive habit of mine, I have a LOT of photos and videos sitting on my computer. I will be honest, I know nothing about the different brands and selected this brand and quantity because it was the best deal I could find and I haven't been disappointed with that choice.

I am about halfway through the stack now and have had no issues with these discs. With past discs I used, I was given errors telling me to insert an empty disc, which those were, but haven't had that issues with these. Once I finish the last half of this stack, I will be reordering.
on September 8, 2016
I thought I was getting a good deal buying these DVD's on Amazon. I use these disks to burn .iso files for operating systems to install on different computers. I've had so many failures with these DVDs in properly burning. I've taken Verbatim disks and burned the .iso only to have it fail to boot. Side-by-side when I burn an .iso file on a Sony disk it burns fine and installs the operating systems without any problems. The quality of these Verbatim DVDs is obviously very poor and I would not buy them again. I've thrown more of them away than what I've used.
on August 13, 2016
I am very happy with my purchase. The package came in very good condition. Delivery time fast very fast. And the disks are just like expected. very good product. Has good storage. And the speeds are very decent aswell. I have used those discs to create windows installation media, Ubuntu installation disc, and even use them as live operating systems. They work very well for pretty much everything you would need disks for. I work as a computer technician, and they helped me a lot.
Very happy with my purchase. Thanks.
Will be buying again. And recommend it to anyone who works lots with computers.
on December 2, 2014
Ok...shoulda listened to the reviews...but most people like me think..."hey its a DVD-R in 2014...what could go wrong?!!" Was I wrong. I spend a good few hours frustrated when EVERY disc I tried burning came out "ERROR" after attempting to copy/burn for about 5-8 minutes. I thought was a computer error, so restarted it and same thing. Tried my laptop instead and had the same thing! Then I tried MEMOREX brand DVD-Rs and every disc burned great with NO ERRORS. Waste of time and money. Spend a few dollars extra for a name you can depend on. Oh well...I got nice shiny coasters now since Amazon wont except the return.